Ultimate Pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Yea um I'm pretty sure that YouTubers don't like people like you who just unsubscribe for trivial things... I know that's not the type of subscriber I'd want

Well then they, and you, need to learn that being an annoying git isn't trivial.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
My worlds leak all the time. Everytime I turn on a world in Ultimate, the console says the world leaked. I never see any difference. It just says it leaked, I brush it off, and go on with my life. My Win8 Task Manager never shows a massive use of CPU power when this happens. I get no lag at all. What the huh?

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
My worlds leak all the time. Everytime I turn on a world in Ultimate, the console says the world leaked. I never see any difference. It just says it leaked, I brush it off, and go on with my life. My Win8 Task Manager never shows a massive use of CPU power when this happens. I get no lag at all. What the huh?

I think that is a feature of I think rail craft or another mod designed to shame other mod authors into fixing a bug. Nothing for you to really worry about however.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
All I experience is seeing the Console say that the world leaked. I get no lag whatsoever on my computer or MC or anything. I think it is just a message.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
the leaked thing is for developers, but yeah, also my world is leaked and is totally stable (besides when near my tubes with items transversing them that give me -10 fps.) having like 10 chunkloaders + a max size quarry running in another age.

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
Yea um I'm pretty sure that YouTubers don't like people like you who just unsubscribe for trivial things... I know that's not the type of subscriber I'd want

Most youtubers want as many subscribers and views as possible for their hobbyist revenue and only care about the subscribers because it's an extra cent.

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
I recently heard what it is in one of Dire's episodes, it's a message from Mystcraft and it's from something that looks for stuff that isn't going to unload or something (it is related with the fact Mystcraft worlds aren't really permanent, so poorly coded mods can leave stuff behind in worlds that no longer exists or is abandoned, which can cause performance troubles/memory issues/etc.). The message is just saying that it detects stuff like that and on the worlds you actively use it shouldn't matter, the main problem is with worlds you don't visit or use anymore (ie, doing Dense Ore runs and then abandoning a world forever is what can cause trouble).

I think I also heard that REI's minimap is a culprit, but there are probably others as well.

On the topic of YouTube subscriptions, I personally wouldn't unscribe from someone who likes something I don't. You will never find someone who likes 100% the same things as you do, even with the people you know and like best you will have things you won't agree on. On the other hand, if someone want to unscribe it's their choice, regardless of the reason.

Reactions: Dravarden

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Most youtubers want as many subscribers and views as possible for their hobbyist revenue and only care about the subscribers because it's an extra cent.

Saddly ture. If only more did it for the fun and less for the cash. Sometimes it is sad watching a liked LP chase the bandwangon instead of just doing their own thing.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Saddly ture. If only more did it for the fun and less for the cash. Sometimes it is sad watching a liked LP chase the bandwangon instead of just doing their own thing.

you know, the big majority starts as a hobby, but then they make it full time jobs so they can entertain more.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019

[rant]I can see why though, the youtube community consist of many angry 9 year olds and a couple cool people. I have a small subscriber base(about 220 subscribers) and some of by subscribers are cool people, but many of them can be really annoying and stupid. One time someone asked if I could give him a shoutout, I did, then a week later (after apparently not watching it) he said "I'm going to unsubscribe if you don't give me a shoutout" Like seriously? I dont want those type of people watching my videos. [/rant]

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Back to the ultimate though. I have been playing since it came out and here are my opinions now.

Playing: I have been playing on a multiplayer with a couple of friends and I am enjoying it. It is annoying how hard it is to get started with IC2 (luckily we have a gregtech expert with us) but I do like how its harder to get to end game stuff. I was very angry when I found out about the extrabiomes being disabled because we had already generated a lot of chunks. But we fixed that and overall i'm pretty happy with it. I really love applied energistics, bibliocraft, and tubestuff especially. But for single player I still use direwolf20 because I'm still newish to mods and gregtech, even with easy configs, overcomplicates things. Most of the other mods I don't care too much about. I know applied energistics is gonna get added to direwolf20 and I am thinking of adding bibliocraft and tubestuff.

Mapmaking: I was very happy about Tubestuff, secret rooms, and bibliocraft being in it, because they are all very useful for mapmaking. We started our adventure map last week and its going pretty well. This is definitely the best pack for adventure maps