SkyFactory 2.5 General Mod question

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Trying out SkyFactory, and it has this snazzy skybox. Does anyone know which mod is responsible for that?

Owen343

Apr 1, 2013
Trying out SkyFactory, and it has this snazzy skybox. Does anyone know which mod is responsible for that?
It might be the companion mod to Botania, Gardens of Glass by Vazkii. (If you had picture, then I could be sure).

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
My guess is he means the sky you see. The background for garden of glass maps is very interesting.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
What's a skybox?
Skybox is the technical term for the "sky" in a game. In early systems, this was just a cube, with a texture mapped to the 6 faces. (hence the name) But it's developed to other more complex shapes and/or other methods.

Basic example:
Skybox_example.png

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Skybox is the technical term for the "sky" in a game. In early systems, this was just a cube, with a texture mapped to the 6 faces. (hence the name) But it's developed to other more complex shapes and/or other methods.

Basic example:
Skybox_example.png
If I wanted to, could I have a skybox that simulated motion (in a single direction) in space?

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
If the rendering engine supports animated textures on a skybox, then yes, you could do that. Other way would be a texture plane that sits in front of the skybox that moves, bit like the sun/moon in minecraft.

Reactions: Pyure