Problem Empty bedrock dimension causes tick rate lag

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I'm running a Infinity Evolved server on Minecraft Forge (no cauldron). When someone joins and then leaves the bedrock dimension, the tps drops very low. As soon as a player goes back into the dimension, the lag disappears. Does anyone have any suggestions how to troubleshoot / experience solving this problem?

v6DJBd8.png
QNkMY71.png

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
I have GOT to be reading that wrong.

You want to have 20 ticks per second, having it be at or near 20 is a good thing, that's how minecraft operates.

It looks like the server is normally at 10 TPS, and then when one specific person leaves whatever dimension they are in, and goes there, it suddenly starts to work properly.

But then the second picture shows that the bedrock dimeion somehow is only running at less then 1 TPS, and that's just... insane bad. How could being there improve the rate from 10 to 20?

Can we get a larger version of that first picture, I've got to see a better context on that, I've got to be reading that wrong.

The scale is obscured in that image, but it goes from 0 to 20, with 0 on the bottom. So to clarify the tps is bad when the bedrock dimension is empty, and goes back to 20 when someone enters the dimension. That's why I'm totally confused.

Reactions: ICountFrom0