[Game Thread] Trouble in terrorist town

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Anyway, my vote is somewhat unsurprisingly going to Pyure. I cannot remember a town Pyure who, when presented with counterarguments against his points/actions, took the view of "lol don't care."

He pushes for a lynch on me. I can deal with that. I can see, to a certain extent, why he thinks that. I'm still fairly unimpressed with his misrepresentation of the private conversation that we had, but I can see how if he thought I was a traitor that he would do all he could to get me lynched, and that those might be the vibes he got from the conversation. I put forwards my explanation of my behaviour, showing him that there is sound reasoning behind my actions, and justifying what I did.

His response? "Oh yeah, that all looks fine, but I'm going to ignore it and then slip out another accusation that I'm not even going to bother supporting with any evidence." In spite of the fact that were such a claim to be true, he would have already looked back and would have the evidence in hand, and presenting it would be minimal effort. Suddenly, he's no longer so bothered about his case against me.

In summary, I get the impression that Pyure is giving the RJS-wagon a real big push to get it rolling, then trying to wash his hands of the whole thing. He doesn't care about my rebuttal because he doesn't care whether or not it's a mislynch. He tried (and almost succeeded) in sniping me on D1 while I was away and unable to defend myself, and now that I am it seems that he's trying to rely on momentum rather than on making a coherent scum-argument against me.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hi there, I'd like to make the discussion about you. You just tried to deflect a pretty valid accusation.

Would you mind explaining your motivation behind this vote?

P.S. "He" in Vike's post must refer to Bigd, given he's the only person that's been mislynched D1 for four games.

Wait, don't leave us hanging here. Are you saying that one of your previous statements is false?
The problem is that I did explain it. Fully.

"I'm loving this RJS. I'll add to that, and mention that its even more suspicious when the person being leaned on is new here, and thus plausibly more susceptible to "super clever strategies" like this one."

There's no more to add. If you want to continue your rather obvious attempt to dogpile me, go right ahead.

That's how Pyure works--he's always a bit off, town or wolf.
Here's somebody who pays attention.

P.S. "He" in Vike's post must refer to Bigd, given he's the only person that's been mislynched D1 for four games.
Thanks for clarification:
- He outright claimed to be an exact role --> Which is a factor in why I couldn't maintain suspicion.
- He is new to the game and that would be incredibly foolish and much more noticeable --> So new players always make smart decisions?
- He has been mislynched first day for the last 4 games now? --> Really?
- Maybe, just maybe, bigdbigd was in a conversation with robijnvogel and didn't like the response? maybe that is why he was asking people to vote for robijn. It was the first thing to run through my mind as I thought he was a villager --> Which is a factor in why I couldn't maintain suspicion.
- Also you said he was a villager very early on... --> I also said YOU were a villager "very early" on. With little to go on.

Look, this is all really wishy washy even for you dude. This is all so obviously offpace that there's no doubt in my mind atm that you're a wolf. YOU ALREADY KNOW everything I said above is valid. town!you would do everything I did above: find doubt, apply pressure, see where it goes, and decide whether to maintain the vote, or swerve.

When I said "keep reading", town!vike would have swerved. mafia!vike votes me.

The only reason I'm not voting you is because I know precisely why you're targeting me: You're protecting co-wolf RJS. And when I die, you're both going to get an utter landslide of votes.

Keep a close eye on the people who vote me folks; its likely to be a large stack of mafia, and I have a funny feeling they're primarily power players this game.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hi there, I'd like to make the discussion about you. You just tried to deflect a pretty valid accusation.
I don't deflect accusations. I deflect mafia who are attempting to make the conversation about me. Its not an accusation if the person is obviously a lying mafia: That's a setup.

Jus2beast

Jul 29, 2019
been watching this all night... i think i've made up my mind which side i'm on but i'm waiting to see vikes response..

i needs more popcorn..

I was at a wedding yesterday and the forums would just be blank on my phone... I'd see who posted but not what they posted xD

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
@VikeStep, there's some people on the table who look pretty town. I've been doing a good job of highlighting those people. I just noticed you haven't done anything to exonerate anyone...at all. Have you EVER failed to make an effort to townhunt as town?

Name your top town please.

@Shazam08, you too please.

@RJS, you too please.

As far as I'm concerned, you're all reeky scum. I dare you to provide a town list.

TOWN: Destroy RJS. I guarantee he is scum. I am in contact with an arsonist now, so mafia can just suck it.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
You want a top town? Nojr.

His post rate is too high for scum-Nojr who would make one vote and disappear for the rest of the day.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
hahah you super scum. It took you that long to come up with a single name? Are you that terrified of generating a innocent list?

Once people get out of bed and finish reading the thread, you are so going down. D2 scum-kill for me.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yes because being away from the forum =being scum.

The hell is with your logic this game?
Oh, sorry, I must have totally misread your quote. I thought you listed a single scum for no good reason, when I'm now assuming what you REALLY posted was this:

scumjs said:
Sorry I haven't had a lot of time to put into this today. I can give you one top-town right now, which is Nojr. His post rate is too high for scum-Nojr who would make one vote and disappear for the rest of the day.

I'll get back to you asap with a couple more. Thanks for understanding guys.
I bet if I go back, you really did say that.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
In all fairness, this tunnelling has gotten boring. Full disclosure time.

I'm the psychopath. My target for tonight is Pyure. In doing so my role will be revealed publically as per the rolesheet.

Hope you're certain of your arsonist buddy Pyure. They say actions speak louder than words after all.

Reactions: profrags

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
In all fairness, this tunnelling has gotten boring. Full disclosure time.

I'm the psychopath. My target for tonight is Pyure. In doing so my role will be revealed publically as per the rolesheet.

Hope you're certain of your arsonist buddy Pyure. They say actions speak louder than words after all.

You're a liar and I have good reason to know you're a liar. GL with that ;)

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
You're a liar and I have good reason to know you're a liar. GL with that ;)
As far as I see it's a win-win. I get to live, you get a confirmed town and avoid a mislynch.

Unless you don't trust your arsonist claim, or that you'd rather mislynch than let a town prove themselves, I fail to see the issue.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you

Would you mind explaining your motivation behind this vote?

Wait, don't leave us hanging here. Are you saying that one of your previous statements is false?
I suppose there's no harm in saying this, now I think about it: Nojr wasn't lying, I was protected by the arsonist, and as he claimed that he protected me, I can only assume he is telling the truth. As I made the mistake of believing that the arsonist can use his power more than once, I tried to protect him by pretending it was false without making him seem wolfy.
Is that understandable? I'm not the best at explanation.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
As far as I see it's a win-win. I get to live, you get a confirmed town and avoid a mislynch.

Unless you don't trust your arsonist claim, or that you'd rather mislynch than let a town prove themselves, I fail to see the issue.
Did I come off as super-concerned to you? Don't pretend I protested.

a) You're not a psychopath. Known.
b) If a psychopath wanted to use his power in this way, I think its a great idea. A proven town is the best role there is, especially since I can't be killed tonight.
c) My only personal debate is if there's any worth to simply switching the vote to Vikestep. But since *I* know you're not town, its pretty irrelevant.