Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Single player I'd tested before and never noticed but when I left it afk for a few minutes weeds over took everything.
Yeah, they do that. :\

Hmm that's odd. Might be worth asking @InfinityRaider in that case; the only other thing that's happened to me before is that I've changed what I think is the AgriCraft config - and it is - but its one for a different pack! That seems unlikely though.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Been away for around a year, noticing a few changes and remembering a few that I was still adjusting to last time I played.

The one I'm dealing with now is the Botania sojourners sash, since it started requiring mana it needs a ring slot or inventory slot...
I'm wondering if there's some other way of supplying it mana that has come about, or if there's an alternative to the sash that may have popped up while I've been gone.

using 1.7.10, modpack is a butchered infinity, so I could add a mod if there's an option out there I'll like.
The mana mirror, it requires an inventory slot but it pulls directly from a pool

Reactions: Pyure

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on 1.7.10 and can't find these folders and files

Oh sorry, you didn't mentioned which version of TC, and which deliverant of Iguana Tweaks you are using.
That configurations is for the TicTweaks addon from TheOldOne: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2076340-tic-tweaks
It is an adjuncted version of the original Iguana Tweaks. It's only for 1.6.4.

I think you are out of luck, because the newer versions are almost the same as the original Iguana Tweaks, and they did not provide configurations for changing the level names. As far as I know only the old TicTweaks can do that trick.

I really miss those functions, I didn't understand why the new author didn't let us change those.
I think TheOldOne's improvement to Iguana Tweaks are a must have...

Reactions: jdog1408

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
@asb3pe Having had a quick look, Spice of Life as mentioned by @sgbros1 is up for Minecraft 1.10, Pam's is up for 1.9.4 but may be usable in 1.10, so you definitely have options there! :)

Thanks, I did finally install Curse and tried making my own v1.10.2 modpack with it, but in the end I deleted it due to lots of still-missing mods (CoFH Thermal Expansion and Big Reactors being the two most critical slowpoke mods, and I don't mean the FTB dude LOL).

So I made my own 1.7.10 modpack, except it's pretty much a mirror of Infinity Evolved but without the expert mode tweaks, and with the addition of Spice of Life.

Since I've been such a vocal doom-and-gloomer about FTB dying and Curse taking over... I will say that making an entire modpack in Curse is perhaps the easiest thing I've ever done... so from that aspect, Curse is pretty good. But I still don't like how Minecraft has slowly but surely been "cornered" into a room owned by Microsoft and Curse... but who cares what I think, right?

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Thanks, I did finally install Curse and tried making my own v1.10.2 modpack with it, but in the end I deleted it due to lots of still-missing mods (CoFH Thermal Expansion and Big Reactors being the two most critical slowpoke mods, and I don't mean the FTB dude LOL).
Really? Aw thats a shame! Were you not tempted by Deep Resonance for RF production, and EnderIO for the Thermal Expansion type stuff? I think you've missed out a bit there! :)

Since I've been such a vocal doom-and-gloomer about FTB dying and Curse taking over... I will say that making an entire modpack in Curse is perhaps the easiest thing I've ever done... so from that aspect, Curse is pretty good. But I still don't like how Minecraft has slowly but surely been "cornered" into a room owned by Microsoft and Curse... but who cares what I think, right?
While it definitely has become Curse-centric, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing - like you said, the ease of creating a pack is a definite plus! But, you are always entitled to your opinion, and I'm sure plenty of people care! Its always good to have a balance of perspectives expressed, as long as everyone is willing to listen to each other! :)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Really? Aw thats a shame! Were you not tempted by Deep Resonance for RF production, and EnderIO for the Thermal Expansion type stuff? I think you've missed out a bit there! :)

It's simply a problem of not knowing what new mods have come along to fill the gap left by mods that have been slow (or refused altogether) to update.

I put together two modpacks, first I gave v1.10.2 a try, and then I did a v1.7.10, but the more mods I added to 1.7.10, the more I realized how many mods are still missing from v1.10.2 and thus it wasn't even a close contest. The list of mods that I enjoy which are missing from v1.10 was longer than the list of mods that I had included in my v1.10 modpack. LOL

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I put together two modpacks, first I gave v1.10.2 a try, and then I did a v1.7.10, but the more mods I added to 1.7.10, the more I realized how many mods are still missing from v1.10.2 and thus it wasn't even a close contest. The list of mods that I enjoy which are missing from v1.10 was longer than the list of mods that I had included in my v1.10 modpack. LOL
I noticed this too, but I also picked up on something else: Even though 1.7 has MORE mods, 1.10 is definitely getting all the love in terms of improvements. I thought I was up to date on mods like extra utilities and tinkers construct and others, but it turns out they've been making massive changes that don't exist in 1.7.

Yeah I'm missing some things that are normally important to me, but its fun to stay with the times sometimes too.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I've got this mod pack on the back burner that's mostly finished, except for the lack of Dimensional Control (which has pretty much everything I need some far.) No fault of Eyemaz and Co, though--life happens. Thankfully there's rumblings of B&B2 in the works, so... we'll see.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
Been away for around a year, noticing a few changes and remembering a few that I was still adjusting to last time I played.

The one I'm dealing with now is the Botania sojourners sash, since it started requiring mana it needs a ring slot or inventory slot...
I'm wondering if there's some other way of supplying it mana that has come about, or if there's an alternative to the sash that may have popped up while I've been gone.

using 1.7.10, modpack is a butchered infinity, so I could add a mod if there's an option out there I'll like.

Wouldn't it pull from a mana tablet in your inventory? (But perhaps you're not carrying a tablet, for whatever reason?)

Environmental Tech also has semi-high-end/expensive options for large RF production. I don't know how scalable Deep Resonance (I guess pretty scalable, McJty says the crystals produces by his basic tutorial output 1700rf/tick, though doesn't mention how long they last or how long it takes to make one, and I guess these require the somewhat uncommon resonance crystal?) or EnderIO is, but EnviroTech's fourth tier lightning rod produces 32 million RF per strike (no sure how much it outputs per tick), fourth tier solar array 83k/tick. Not sure how the resource costs for those things would compare to other options, though.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't it pull from a mana tablet in your inventory? (But perhaps you're not carrying a tablet, for whatever reason?)

Environmental Tech also has semi-high-end/expensive options for large RF production. I don't know how scalable Deep Resonance (I guess pretty scalable, McJty says the crystals produces by his basic tutorial output 1700rf/tick, though doesn't mention how long they last or how long it takes to make one, and I guess these require the somewhat uncommon resonance crystal?) or EnderIO is, but EnviroTech's fourth tier lightning rod produces 32 million RF per strike (no sure how much it outputs per tick), fourth tier solar array 83k/tick. Not sure how the resource costs for those things would compare to other options, though.

It's a shame that RF production has become that much of a joke. If you can find me a reason to produce 83kRF/t other than resource gathering (EnderQuarry, Laser Drills, etc), I'll take back that comment, but I just don't get the point. A BR Turbine netting 27k/t is enough for many to run an entire base (excluding the previously mentioned resource gathering). Is it just me, or has this gotten completely silly now?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
@Inaeo You are correct. I usually go out of my way to conserve rather than waste. For example, I'll setup a passive big reactor and I'll use power monitor or computercraft to monitor the power storage and actually shutdown the reactor and start it back up automatically. But, some people lke the the idea of "Go BIG or go home". But, to each their own.

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
It's a shame that RF production has become that much of a joke. If you can find me a reason to produce 83kRF/t other than resource gathering (EnderQuarry, Laser Drills, etc), I'll take back that comment, but I just don't get the point. A BR Turbine netting 27k/t is enough for many to run an entire base (excluding the previously mentioned resource gathering). Is it just me, or has this gotten completely silly now?

I would say there is also the consideration for how much you can accelerate machine functions at the cost of increased power consumption, though perhaps you already included that yourself (not sure how much that might bump energy needs; my interest in a pack/world usually peters out before I develop to an extent of needing more than a few thousand rf/tick). But yeah, it does get pretty ridiculous. Really though, Big Reactors is kind of excessive too in terms of output vs cost: a single 3x3 reactor is so cheap I'd pretty much build one first thing, after the first generator/pulverizer/furnace.

But really the fourth tier EnviroTech is kind of expensive/time consuming to make. Perhaps a more realistic option, a tier 2 solar array requires something like 400 lapis, 36 diamonds, 72 gold, and I'm not sure how much else. It outputs 6k/tick.

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
The mana mirror, it requires an inventory slot but it pulls directly from a pool

That's nice and all, but since a mana tablet or mana band lasts for absolutely ever using only the sash, it doesn't really make much difference. The mana cost itself isn't really a big deal.

Why would I carry around a mana tablet? inventory space is so precious.

I guess everyone just got used to having to haul around mana? That's kind of a bummer.

Guess I'll just have to give up the sash, or get used to a wasted bauble/inventory slot...

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
When determining which aura node is bigger (for node bullying), what are the deciding factors? Is it maximum vis or current vis, and then is it the sum of all its aspects or just the greatest one?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
When determining which aura node is bigger (for node bullying), what are the deciding factors? Is it maximum vis or current vis, and then is it the sum of all its aspects or just the greatest one?
Current sum of aspects. So a 40/50 aer node is considered bigger than a 1/100 ignis node.

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
I making a 1.7.10 modpack for private usage, and I using CoFH Custom World Generation.
I know how to configure a custom generation, but I don't know the default oregen values.
You know, the default cluster size, number of clusters, min and max heights, type of the generator, biome restrictions etc.

So, my question is; how I can get the default ore generation values for every mod? Is there a way to dump it somehow?

To answer my own unaswered question, so maybe someone find this useful too:

First, I think you almost never (...is an interesting concept! :D) can find out all the mods default values, unless you ask it from the makers. You get an aswer soon or maybe never... And to do that with so many mods... Nobody lives for that long... BUT! Check this out:

I find a thing that maybe not really the default ore generation values, but it's satisfy me.
I found a list, that is visually shows in a chart, where the ores are in the world generated in the TPPI pack. Like I said maybe not the default ones, but it's almost the same that I imagined how the ores supposed to generated. Just a little bit fine tuning...
(I know it's not an FTB pack, but i hope it isn't a big problem to link that chart. It's just shows the position of the ores, noting special releated to that pack.)

So here it goes:

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

Direwolf20 just completed an Immersive Engineering Diesel Generator setup in his Forgecraft 1.10.2 LP a couple of episodes ago. While running it supplies the equivalent of 4096 Rf/t (I think IE uses it's own term but it is 1 to 1).

Caveat: That may be an Alpha or Beta version of IE, as most mods on Forgecraft are.