A couple things.

Bigdbigd03

Jul 29, 2019
I'm gonna start with saying this thread is all about vertical, horizontal, and coloring.

Spoilers have two things that could nicely be added:

Colors, if spoilers could have a color change like [spoiler=name for a spoiler, color blue]stuff in the spoiler[/spoiler]

Horizontal, spoilers can nest, they can go down a line but I think spoilers should be horizontal for other organizing purposes, like this... [spoiler=name for a spoiler]stuff in the spoiler[/spoiler] But if I put another spoiler beside it, it would be horizontal instead of vertical. If I put it under it should be vertical, which it already is.
Actually if you could see the coding (Their are plain commands (That write out BBCode without having the BBCode turn into words), their are spoilers (Which you should know)), these spoilers (quotes, and spoilers) are horizontal but it doesn't come out that way.

Quotes:

Horizontal, I said this in Spoilers.

Quote Coloring, yup... Said that in Spoilers to.
Thanks

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Colors, I personally don't see a reason for it. Especially considering there are 2 themes (dark and normal) having the stylesheets not in total control of colors can cause problems. This is already the case with colored text, which also doesn't get used often.

As for the horizontal thing, I might misunderstand it but you want it to be able to foldout to the side, right?
If that is the case then I don't really see its purpose. It will be forced to also foldout downwards if the screen isn't big enough. I wouldn't be surprised if this gives problems for the reader of a post when it happens in the middle of a sentence. Considering the only reason you would want to use it for as far as I know is when the spoiler is in the middle of a sentence I would say it isn't worth the effort due to this problem.

Reactions: Padfoote

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I feel like if I say something. You hold a grudge against it.

lens has a valid point with what was said. There's zero reason to have colored spoilers and quotes as is, and that's ignoring the difficulty in getting it to match the two styles here. The horizontal setup you were talking about simply isn't how things work here. You're describing a style similar to how Reddit works, but with our blocky spoilers. It just wouldn't work well.

Reactions: jikuja

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
What an odd request... what part of the spoiler would be colored? The text in the spoiler box? The background?

I don't even know what you want.