[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: Just reverted Java. It now crashes the same as before the java update. Also, my brother, who I want to play the Ferret Buisness with, has a crash the same as mine (he has java 7).
Not just Matter Overdrive, but other mods require Java 8 to work.

I feel the previous crash was a different crash than the one you are getting now with reverting to Java 7.

elcid534

Jul 29, 2019
As Caigan said, the modpack requires java 8 to work, and as for the matter overdrive crash:
"Unsupported major.minor version 52.0"
This means that the java you are using is not correct, and the mod developer has not supported older java runtimes

"Java Version: 1.7.0_55, Oracle Corporation"
^ needs to be java 8.

not gonna lie, using a out of date java is just a bad idea in general, and you should be using the up to date java anyway.

elcid534

Jul 29, 2019
Heyo, here's that crash log you were after http://pastebin.com/j61MgeFB
i looked thru the logs and even did some research myself, and the issue seems to be that you have a empty mods folder.
so ima guess that that is wrong, and that the modpack somehow got damaged as it got downloaded (not impossible) and/or your modpack is on a "odd" filesystem path (because if its looking at a path wrong, and its finding a empty dir, its gonna break)

not sure whats actually wrong, but try redownloading the pack (go to the options tab in the FTB launcher, and click the "force update?" button, then start the modpack to redownload it).

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
I decided to try and expand my ME system instead to accommodate for the extra channels I need, however I seem to have no idea how P2P tunnels work, even after watching countless tutorials.

2016-07-25_23.47.02.png

The terminal is blank despite the drives being online. I have fiddled around with the memory card but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I'm trying P2P tunnels because I intend to use multiple DSU's with storage buses to store larger amounts of items (namely from farms) and I need more channels for it.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me fix this issue or recommend me something other than P2P tunnels for this :)

(The P2P tunnels are connected directly to the ME controllers and there's a quartz fiber cable powering the drives)

G

grifff

As Caigan said, the modpack requires java 8 to work
So I have to fix the java 8 crash, then? But when I installed java 8, the FTB launcher said that minecraft doesn't support java 8 on Macs. Does that mean I can't play Ferret Business on a mac? Should I reinstall java 8? If I have 8 installed, it doesn't create a crash report, I think because it crashes too soon.

Sungak

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying P2P tunnels because I intend to use multiple DSU's with storage buses to store larger amounts of items (namely from farms) and I need more channels for it.
What are you storing, that requires DSUs? How many items are expected?

A wall of Storage Drawers can hold most things nicely, and the entire Drawer array is seen in AE via ONE channel (storage bus on the Controller at priority +1, and I lock all drawers ahead of time so there's control over what's in the wall). In Regrowth, I use a medium sized wall of 2x2 drawers, each with an emerald upgrade (the 15x upgrade), which makes each slot hold over 6K items. My drawer for the cracked sand (a 1x1 drawer - basically the same base setup as the JABBA barrel) is on its second upgrade and I think is over 90K items. I'm thinking of dropping in Void upgrades at this point, but wanted to track how insane I was in clearing hills by hand. :p I use a (very large) chest for overflow as well, for power savings - an AE Drive will work here fine. And each Drawer holds 5 upgrade slots, so you're well into replacing most DSU needs - other than cobble I suppose.

Oh, and all of the above (other than the controller) is made from wood, and whatever material you use for upgrades (emerald in my case; Obsidian and Iron are pretty decent too).

Reactions: An0nymuS

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I decided to try and expand my ME system instead to accommodate for the extra channels I need, however I seem to have no idea how P2P tunnels work, even after watching countless tutorials.

The terminal is blank despite the drives being online. I have fiddled around with the memory card but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I'm trying P2P tunnels because I intend to use multiple DSU's with storage buses to store larger amounts of items (namely from farms) and I need more channels for it.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me fix this issue or recommend me something other than P2P tunnels for this :)

(The P2P tunnels are connected directly to the ME controllers and there's a quartz fiber cable powering the drives)
it seems u have the terminal on the p2p tunnel part of the network the white screen part of the p2p is un-condensed channel input/output the one that looks like a cable connection is where the condensed channels pass through
ie rotate the p2p tunnel bit

420Kebab1337

Jul 29, 2019
Most people probably know this by now but filling shipments with an activated Division Sigil from Extra Utilities is bugged. Instead of consuming the item, it consumes one point of it's remaining charges and once depleted, leaves you with an uncharged one. A single, fully charged sigil can net you (if I remember correctly) more than 5-10~ 100K shipments.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
the FTB launcher said that minecraft doesn't support java 8 on Macs.
I believe the Curse client for Mac now has Minecraft support in it as well, see if that gives you the same issues with Java updated to 8.

Most people probably know this by now but filling shipments with an activated Division Sigil from Extra Utilities is bugged.
Yep, trying to find a workaround for this, otherwise Division Sigils will just be removed from the FMC value tables.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I believe the Curse client for Mac now has Minecraft support in it as well, see if that gives you the same issues with Java updated to 8.

Yep, trying to find a workaround for this, otherwise Division Sigils will just be removed from the FMC value tables.
maybe remove the crating recipe for crating it and say add a "tele to corporate "recipe (sagmill) for sending divinsion sigils to corporate and say " the intense magic of the sigil prevents it working with our normal crating procedures"

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
I got the system working <3

2016-07-26_09.31.56.png

The issue with the original was that the P2P tunnels were already out of channels because I attached 8 of them together instead of only 4, it had nothing to do with the P2P tunnels' orientations.

I'm going to share this video just in case anyone else is struggling with AE2 channels, it's fantastic.

nubetuber28

Jul 29, 2019
You might want to remove the Toolbox mod as it contains a very major duping bug, if you put an item into the toolbox, then hover over an item and hotswap it out with the toolbox itself by pressing the number correlating with the hotbar slot the toolbox is in, the item is put in that slot, the toolbox is moved, but a copy of the item is still in the toolbox, neither of the items are ghost items. This bug can be used to obtain an insane amount of any item. (Also the toolbox doesnt work with veinminer)

Wiremash

Jul 29, 2019
You might want to remove the Toolbox mod as it contains a very major duping bug, if you put an item into the toolbox, then hover over an item and hotswap it out with the toolbox itself by pressing the number correlating with the hotbar slot the toolbox is in, the item is put in that slot, the toolbox is moved, but a copy of the item is still in the toolbox, neither of the items are ghost items. This bug can be used to obtain an insane amount of any item. (Also the toolbox doesnt work with veinminer)

2016-07-27_13.21.54.png
:D

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
UPDATE STATUS
Forgot to mention it here yesterday, but I am done converting the quests from HQM to Better Questing.

I am now in the process of cleaning up the HQM Quest Book and turning it into the Shop Catalogue. This also involves updating mechanics a bit (the previously mentioned Shop Token system) due to HQM and BQ reputation tracks being separate.

I will then be going through the standard internal testing stuff myself, before releasing the Beta download.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
So while working on updating and fixing things, I was wondering what the current wordcount for the modpack was, since I haven't done it in two major questlines, and it JUST had some heavier rewrites :
eZXcir9.png

Edit : I'm also updating the main title, having done a mostly accurate quest count. We're at over 350 quests that AREN'T Shop, Supply and Demand, or Administrative related. Some older questlines that were removed were accidentally counted last time, and the count before included those categories, which some folks took issue with.

Last edited:

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
So while working on updating and fixing things, I was wondering what the current wordcount for the modpack was, since I haven't done it in two major questlines, and it JUST had some heavier rewrites :
eZXcir9.png

Edit : I'm also updating the main title, having done a mostly accurate quest count. We're at over 350 quests that AREN'T Shop, Supply and Demand, or Administrative related. Some older questlines that were removed were accidentally counted last time, and the count before included those categories, which some folks took issue with.

Effin' AMAZING!!!one1

Q

Quartino

Would you be willing to let us peek at your ore gen file? I'm finding the levels at which ores spawn don't match up with other popular mod ore gen levels, so I'm having a hard time finding specific ores. Do you just want us to figure it out, or is there documentation on this somewhere?