[1.7.10] Survival industry [rotarycraft based tech]

would you like the modpack to grow bigger with new mod?

• yes, more magic

• yes, more tech

• yes, stronger mobs/other

• no, keep it as it is

Results are only viewable after voting.

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
initially, no. However, once you have an autocrafter, an Expanded Redstone pump, and some form of item piping, fresh water should be trivial.

A compost block from Vegan Option needs to be touching a farm block. Then, it increases the crop growth rate for that farm block. I usually place the compost in a layer immediately under the farm blocks.

Another option is to combine the compost with saltpeter to make fertilizer (an alternative to bone meal).
This alternative bonemeal doesnt really seem usefull compared to the block itself. Also technically nothing blocks me from placing crops in a + with a compost block in the middle and a ground block above it right?

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
"Expanded Redstone Pump", alone the name sounds interesting xD
So I guess for now I will just make a bunch of wooden buckets and craft them by hand, until I found/understood other means (so many new machines to learn *cheers*)

As one little suggestion:
Maybe change the Seed-Storage of Agricraft using something like bricks or so instead of an iron-ingot.
Since - if you don't just compost them directly - you will mainly use the storage for all the different seeds in the survival-start.
(I myself usually compost all the seeds that are not maxed, so it's not that hurting, just thought it would fit in more in the survival part than the industry ^^)

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
This alternative bonemeal doesnt really seem usefull compared to the block itself. Also technically nothing blocks me from placing crops in a + with a compost block in the middle and a ground block above it right?

They just have to touch, it doesn't matter which side is in contact with the block. Your idea may be more efficient with the compost, but it would likely make for a trickier field to harvest. also, remember that the blocks on top will need water blocks at the same level in order to be farmable.

The fertilizer can be very useful. 1 compost + 1 saltpeter = 8 fertilizer. Besides, it gives your composters a use after you've placed all the compost you've collected.

"Expanded Redstone Pump", alone the name sounds interesting xD
So I guess for now I will just make a bunch of wooden buckets and craft them by hand, until I found/understood other means (so many new machines to learn *cheers*)

As one little suggestion:
Maybe change the Seed-Storage of Agricraft using something like bricks or so instead of an iron-ingot.
Since - if you don't just compost them directly - you will mainly use the storage for all the different seeds in the survival-start.
(I myself usually compost all the seeds that are not maxed, so it's not that hurting, just thought it would fit in more in the survival part than the industry ^^)

Sounds like a good idea, but I'll need to make sure, first. I'll look into the seed storage idea.

Last edited:

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
For deserts and ressources I guess the only tipp is: Build a grass-area and bonemeal it or should ore-flowers appear in deserts, too?
Just had to travel about 1'000 Blocks to finally find tin, but since alot of the way is desert I'm wondering if I just missed any closer vein.
Of course the RNG made fun of me and gave me exactly then my first blood moon...

[edit]
Uhm, which mod is it, that makes the tool not break anymore?
Seems there is a bug when you "over-break" them with the mining-upgrade (so bringing them to negative numbers, that then deletes the tool anyways)

And: These ore-flowers are making fun of me too often... Following gold-flowers and trying to find a piece of gold for 3 hours, found coal, iron, copper, red fluorite... just not a single piece of gold xD
Guess I should try to make a 3x3 pickaxe before trying to search again, finding these veins sure can be painful ^^"

[edit2]
Wooohoo, found out rotarycraft has an item with which finding ores should be lot eaiser :D
Now I just need to move my machine setup to the near desert... of course right when I wanted to start, winter came and the blast furnace doesn't get enough heat *grumbles* ^^

[edit 3]
And after another few hours trying to find gold... I give up for now :/
It's a nice modpack, very challanging, but this ore-finding can just be really frustrating, especially since you loose veins so easily cause of water, dirt and gravel. Or cause other ores seem to overwrite each other.

Last edited:

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
For deserts and ressources I guess the only tipp is: Build a grass-area and bonemeal it or should ore-flowers appear in deserts, too?
Just had to travel about 1'000 Blocks to finally find tin, but since alot of the way is desert I'm wondering if I just missed any closer vein.
Of course the RNG made fun of me and gave me exactly then my first blood moon...
Ore flowers can only spawn on grass blocks.

[edit]
Uhm, which mod is it, that makes the tool not break anymore?
Seems there is a bug when you "over-break" them with the mining-upgrade (so bringing them to negative numbers, that then deletes the tool anyways)

Actually, that's custom code in si.core that provides the feature. We are aware of the issue; this only happens if you use a broken tool to finish breaking a block that was started using multi-mine. There's not much that can be done, except to advise you that, if your tool's broken, don't try and finish something started before it was broken.

And: These ore-flowers are making fun of me too often... Following gold-flowers and trying to find a piece of gold for 3 hours, found coal, iron, copper, red fluorite... just not a single piece of gold xD
Guess I should try to make a 3x3 pickaxe before trying to search again, finding these veins sure can be painful ^^"

I usually dig a 3x3 circular staircase around the flower, with 30-block tunnels dug out from the center of each flight of "steps." Sooner or later, it should encounter the ore your flower identified.

[edit2]
Wooohoo, found out rotarycraft has an item with which finding ores should be lot eaiser :D
Now I just need to move my machine setup to the near desert... of course right when I wanted to start, winter came and the blast furnace doesn't get enough heat *grumbles* ^^

Are you referring to the Ground-Penetrating Radar? If so, then I agree that tool is VERY useful in this pack. If nothing else, you could simply charge up an electricraft battery or industrial coil, and use that to power the radar.

[edit 3]
And after another few hours trying to find gold... I give up for now :/
It's a nice modpack, very challanging, but this ore-finding can just be really frustrating, especially since you loose veins so easily cause of water, dirt and gravel. Or cause other ores seem to overwrite each other.

Fair enough.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Are there diamonds anywhere beside the Railcraft abyssal stone orbs?? I have not found a single one yet and am up to Bedrock tech level. Diamonds are currently my biggest limiting factor.

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
Are there diamonds anywhere beside the Railcraft abyssal stone orbs?? I have not found a single one yet and am up to Bedrock tech level. Diamonds are currently my biggest limiting factor.
Get a pick with silk touch and go diamond mining searching with the scanner from roc. Once you find a vein you will get lots of diamond ores to proccess with roc. If you have an extractor it will get you lots of diamonds

c2juk

Jul 29, 2019
just a heads up, the download link failed to download the pack 9 times, before i tried like an hour later then it connected and allowed me to download the huge ass 580mb pack

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using ATLauncher? The pack has not been updated in the FTB launcher for some time.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

c2juk

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using ATLauncher? The pack has not been updated in the FTB launcher for some time.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

i used the code at the main page via ftb launcher, didn't know or even heard about atlauncher until now.

reteo

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, you can get the launcher at atlauncher.com; it provides the ability to install instances of the modpack with customization of installed mods. Also, instead of downloading everything in one giant zipfile, mods are downloaded individually, meaning that updates only download mods that have changed.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk