Tinkers' construct masters, what are you best tips and tricks!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Does ITT remove the obsidian-in-the-smeltery trick?? Bugger...

ITT disables the mechanic by default due to Obsidian being part of the progression. I believe it is configurable in both ITT and TiCo. I seem to remember it being allowed in default TiCo, but I haven't actually used it in a while.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Last_Dovahkiin

Nov 2, 2015
Thanks for this guys, that's been really good advice! :) I did some testing and found that blue slime really does make an excellent crossbow limb material - it made a huge difference to draw speed when compared to other materials; when we start the pack full time I know what floaty islands I'll be looking for!

Unfortunately I can't test fiery bowstring as the pack has Tinker's but NOT Natura alas. But, the enchanted bowstring (TC4 huzzah) has a fairly good impact on draw speed!

I've noticed that some things suggest paper body and manyullyn tough binding; I would have thought the reverse of manyullyn body and paper tough binding was better, but I haven't done the maths on this - do you have any thoughts on that one?

Finally on the topic of bolts, I was wondering whether the slime would be good for the body! So is that best because you want a good durability modifier and low weight more than anything else? And is it mainly the metal poured onto it that affects the damage? I think more testing is needed...

Cheers again!

- GwnG
You can manually add it, it's really amazing. Especially with the fruit bushes like raspberry, blueberry and maloberry that grow. Also get Gany's Surface. Great stuff, including pine nuts from spruce trees. Great for surviving cold taigas and mega taigas.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame