Lapis Caelestis is kinda cool.

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Made this little area to show off my dragon egg.
A seemingly normal wall...
efgkkg.jpg

But then, super secret door.
mjs4km.png

Nothing behind you when you enter.
qoips2.png

And the thing this place was made for.
34oo4m0.png

yoy1zoz2mom3

Jul 29, 2019
That is really omnious and cool :p
Like the white background, if it was a suspended walkway it would be even better

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
It does. One cool thing to note is that if you wand of equal trade white lapis caelestis with black LC, it looks really sweet.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
So its a pure white and pure black block?
Unless theres some other special effects- its a 3 minute job with customitems.
Sort of. It also comes in all the other fourteen colors.

But the thing Lapis Caelestis does that no other block I know of does (other than XU's greenscreen block in some past versions, which no doubt is now the lime green lapis caelestis) is it is always precisely the same color, no matter how you look at it, what's around it, or what the ambient light level is. It does not show any kind of shading at all, and since it has no texture, the edges are completely invisible. The screenshots in the OP look like a black pathway floating in a white void- but that void is most likely a 1x2 tunnel lined with the white lapis caelestis.

It also doesn't show any outline when you look at it, unlike any other blocks I know of other than MFFS forcefield blocks.

The Monolith and the escape tunnel from the Factory in the new Pax South challenge map show it off pretty well. You'd never be able to tell that the tunnel through the monolith exists without either stumbling into it or seeing the stone behind the monolith at the other end.

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Very cool! Chisel 2 now has an anit-block which is just like this but much much cheaper. (8 stone and one glowstone dust cheap)

Last_Dovahkiin

Nov 2, 2015
The coolest thing is that Lapis Caelestis Lux translates from Latin to English as "Celestial Light". You could have a massive dome made of lapis caelestis lux nox and little stars made from lapis caelestis lux albus. Would look beautiful.