[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

D

dr4cos

My first time playing this mod-pack after the first 5-8 quest I had got 2 enderchests and ander pouche and the best jetpack with arnor ^^build a glider and had enought energie to fly till the capbank was ready ;) . later on only small rewards

A question what do you guys use for energie? Every time I start with sterling generators then lava+endertank. but somehow not enought energie, for the quarrys+maschines -.-. The matter overdrive generator is killing my game after some time because the blackhole pullin some "bad" blocks.

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019
My first time playing this mod-pack after the first 5-8 quest I had got 2 enderchests and ander pouche and the best jetpack with arnor ^^build a glider and had enought energie to fly till the capbank was ready ;) . later on only small rewards

A question what do you guys use for energie? Every time I start with sterling generators then lava+endertank. but somehow not enought energie, for the quarrys+maschines -.-. The matter overdrive generator is killing my game after some time because the blackhole pullin some "bad" blocks.

I usually go for magmatic dynamos with lv2 multiplier (x4 fuel consumption/energy production iirc) and lv2 fuel efficiency upgrades (can't remember their names right now) for early to mid-game. This time around I also dabbled into Mekanism and Ethylene + gas-burning generators is an excellent option and at this moment my x4 ore multiplication chain is self-sustaining with a bit of surplus (currently at 42 generators being fed out of a single PRC with one speed upgrade and 5 crushers). If I have the patience to go deeper, I might go for the Fusion Reactor later on. I am also planning on using a Nether Star generator (maybe up to x8) for on the spot huge energy demands (killing a wither becomes really easy with all the weapons and armor available).

Pyrocantaes

Jul 29, 2019
Best starter is the Imersive Engineering Water Wheel then Mekanism windmills at Y200 -Y220 .. basic universal cable will handle 6 without issue then advanced for up to 20.

SirDoctorOfTardis

Jul 29, 2019
This is one I've held off on looking into, along with most of the other mod suggestions I've had lately, until probably the version after 0.1.4. I do see I forgot to add it to the list on Trello though, that's been fixed.

Fair enough. Also, there seems to be a small issue with the 0.1.4 beta download. As in, the mod files seem to not be there. I've downloaded it twice, no luck.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Fair enough. Also, there seems to be a small issue with the 0.1.4 beta download. As in, the mod files seem to not be there. I've downloaded it twice, no luck.
Er, are you sure? As I just downloaded it fresh from my links myself and the files are all there. What are you using to open the archive?

SirDoctorOfTardis

Jul 29, 2019
Er, are you sure? As I just downloaded it fresh from my links myself and the files are all there. What are you using to open the archive?

I download the zip using Firefox, drag and drop it into the instances folder directly, then set it up for play. That's the way I did it for 0.1.3. Worked that time.

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
i am having an error trying to launch the mod-pack for some reason, if anyone can help here is the error : http://pastebin.com/x14LT6NE
The two most common reasons this kind of error pops up :
  • Your Java is out of date. Make sure you are using the latest 64bit version of Java. Latest is 1.8.0_91 I believe.
  • The modpack did not download properly. Redownload the pack
    • If using the FTB Launcher, go to Options and click Force Update, then launch the pack
    • If using Curse Client, you'll need to download a new instance of the pack and move your save over (I'm not sure if there's a validation method simlar to the FTB Launcher)
    • If using the Beta version, redownload the archive and follow the instruction page.
I download the zip using Firefox, drag and drop it into the instances folder directly, then set it up for play. That's the way I did it for 0.1.3. Worked that time.
Try the instructions page I linked in the post, using the Import feature in MultiMC then adding Forge 1614 to the instance.

D

dr4cos

Testing the beta at the moment. till now no errrors to see.
Mekanism: The fluid tank can still be seen all, is the intention or an error? Same with the gas tanks

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism: The fluid tank can still be seen all, is the intention or an error? Same with the gas tanks
Hm I know I disabled those showing up, but I think the update to Mekanism v9 might have changed them back. They are changed again on my side for the full release.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
A question what do you guys use for energie? Every time I start with sterling generators then lava+endertank. but somehow not enought energie, for the quarrys+maschines
mekinism powergen + tesseseract = lovely power possibilitys , i used to have a big reactor for power as well but when an update that nerfed them hit i had no desire to use the reactor after that so i just shut it down and considered it depreciated

(i could use a big reactors turbine now if i felt like it (i have more then enough enderium by far tx to fluxed crystals ) but i dont feel the need for it , nether star gen x8 would be one way i could do it as well (since i already have an auto wither boss killer build) its probably more likely then the turbine build ive used before simply because ive done it before
part of the reason is likely becuase i have over a gigawat of power storage

Zirofal

Jul 29, 2019
Is the uppdate gona effect my map markers? i need to know bedr i uppdate so iknow if i need to write the cords down

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
Is the uppdate gona effect my map markers? i need to know bedr i uppdate so iknow if i need to write the cords down
I would write them down just in case. I don't overwrite the Journeymap folder, but I've known it to have issues with pack updates.

SirDoctorOfTardis

Jul 29, 2019
The two most common reasons this kind of error pops up :
  • Your Java is out of date. Make sure you are using the latest 64bit version of Java. Latest is 1.8.0_91 I believe.
  • The modpack did not download properly. Redownload the pack
    • If using the FTB Launcher, go to Options and click Force Update, then launch the pack
    • If using Curse Client, you'll need to download a new instance of the pack and move your save over (I'm not sure if there's a validation method simlar to the FTB Launcher)
    • If using the Beta version, redownload the archive and follow the instruction page.

Try the instructions page I linked in the post, using the Import feature in MultiMC then adding Forge 1614 to the instance.

That's exactly what I did.

D

dr4cos

Is there only one tpy of crat at the moment in the beta? get only "goods supply crate" woth any item?

Quail4

Jul 29, 2019
Hi. Trying out the 0.14 beta and the game crashes when I use the lumber axe.
http://pastebin.com/MHiDCngK
Also, is the A Guide to Contracts quest still supposed to be repeatable? It's fine if it is, just sometimes annoying to look at the questbook and be like "ooh an unclaime- oh yeah, nevermind."