[1.7.10] The Ferret Business [WIP][BQ + HQM, 500+ Quests][v 0.2.6]

Caigan

Jul 29, 2019
(i know.. "use curse links" but i don't find this mod on the curse site.. just the "ultra compresion mod" it diferent... this one can be used on any item without config.. )
And it still brings up the issue on its validity, stability, etc. =)

About AgriCraft, Caigan. Version 1.5 apparently has a bug where you can't use shears on grown crops to get, say, a cactus block as opposed to a cactus green item. Thought you should know for quests or such.
Oh, good to know.

What's easier to send and receive, A mountain's worth of stone in the volume of a mountain, or a mountain's worth of stone in the volume of a strongbox.
A good point, but I think I've found the mod in question on curse I believe, and it has some issues that make it way more of a hassle to use on MY end to incorporate it into all the pack's mechanics and systems.

veinminer isnt working on toolbox
Oh, right, forgot about this. Added to Trello.

Assasin_Asha

Jul 29, 2019
What's easier to send and receive, A mountain's worth of stone in the volume of a mountain, or a mountain's worth of stone in the volume of a strongbox.
That actually depends on the method of shipping. Especially, since apparently the mod adds negative effects depending on the actual mass. That description said something about strong gravity fields. How do you ship a weak black hole?
... you know, having to use Thaumcraft infusion with lots of essentia representing movement, portals, teleportation would be a way of doing that. It forces you to build some kind of infrastructure.

Yee, compression is worth the time most of the time.
Point. Perhaps it's just that I don't enjoy quests that basically boil down to simply amassing a giant amount of a resource. Mass production, while seemingly little different, offers the challenge of making entire processing lines as opposed to simple compression. Though I kind of negate what I wrote earlier...
There is also the fact that the more compressed data stream, the easier it is to corrupt everything. Oh, well. It's up to Caigan anyway. We may only discuss our own biased preferences.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015

Yee, compression is worth the time most of the time.
why are u sending a strongbox full of x material ,a deep storage unit is far far far far far better for ludicrously large shipments even a jaba barrel would be better then a strongbox for massive shippments

compression is easy enough for some materials :if it was ever an issue i would use compacting drawers for home base use/stationary use or if it became an issue on the field for me i could just use a sigil of compacting from blood magic or just hook up and configure a player interface set to extract "problematic" items from me

A

Akashi

Hey!
I just started playing this modpack a few days ago and im really enjoying it. I really love doing quests which you have alot of in this pack.
But i ran into a quest called "Roguelike Dungeon n' MyWorldGen". In this quest you will have to turn in 4 items, a zombie, spider and skeleton spawner and lastly a "Laudanum". A Laudanum is a custom potion that isnt really hard to find in these roguelike Dungeons, but the problem is that i cant turn them in for the quest.
I also tried to go to a New world and try to turn in all the different types of strength potions aswell because they have the exact same look so i thought maybe the quest simply thought it needed that, but that didnt work either.
Lastly I tried to take a strength potion and rename it to Laudanum, but no Luck there either.

So I asume this is just a bug, but I hope it will be fixed soon.
If im wrong and there is a way to turn it in, then please tell me.

Thank you for your time.

Assasin_Asha

Jul 29, 2019
A Laudanum is a custom potion that isnt really hard to find in these roguelike Dungeons, but the problem is that i cant turn them in for the quest.

known bug and it is fixed in the next version

As an alternative to waiting for a pack update, you could (if you play singleplayer) use the "/hqm edit" command to give yourself a creative quest book and simply force its completion. The book tells you how. Then just destroy it after you're done.
If you play without cheats enabled, you can open the game to LAN for a moment. This gives you an option to enable cheats.
If on a server, try asking an op for the book.

Reactions: Akashi

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
Weather obelisk quest in EnderIO seems to be bugged. Weather crystal, one of its components, has a recipe of a single diamond, which doesn't work.
I didn't see this in this thread on searching, nor in the known bugs google document.

asus349

Jul 29, 2019
hello, i have been working on a server (24H) one however the server keeps shutting down ... (but on my pc it works when it goes on a server it self it stops working. i think i have to ask IT about it again)

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Weather obelisk quest in EnderIO seems to be bugged. Weather crystal, one of its components, has a recipe of a single diamond, which doesn't work.
I didn't see this in this thread on searching, nor in the known bugs google document.
i wonder what happend to the cake + water bucket + lava bucket also used in that recipe before, maybe the update that added concentrated cloud seed and cloud seed and liquid sunshine did something to it

Zirofal

Jul 29, 2019
This has properly been brought up befor but if you put one singel exhange tokken into your craftin box it turns into 64. then you can jsut reapet that to make an infint amont.
and also i can't seem to get my harvester to harvest carrots. i am using the tin uppgrade. i got a planeter beneth a 5x5 sqaure. i am using a level one energy conduit to power it all and it worked fine with rubber spalling, cotton and wheat

Assasin_Asha

Jul 29, 2019

The exchange token thing doesn't sound like a bug. I would imagine it's there so you can automate their creation instead of manually doing the quest.
Can't say anything about harvester without at least some screenshots of your setup. I tried in the test world just now and it works as expected. Does your harvester have a place to dump the carrots to? It's going to get stuck otherwise.

An0nymuS

Jul 29, 2019

-double snip-

Since you've mentioned it worked with wheat, I assume you are using agricraft crop sticks instead of vanilla plants. If so, you do not need a planter underneath - the MFR harvesters will only harvest the fully grown plants without destroying anything. And just in case you've missed it, drain the sludge (either to a trash can or to a sludge boiler). [I've missed all of these at some time in the past, so I thought of mentioning them.]

TheReduxPL

Jun 8, 2013
Is the first Progressive Automation quest supposed to be asking for bedrock? Is it locked down for a reason, or is it a bug?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
This has properly been brought up befor but if you put one singel exhange tokken into your craftin box it turns into 64. then you can jsut reapet that to make an infint amont.
intentional it is necessary for automatic conversion of coins to vouchers
Is the first Progressive Automation quest supposed to be asking for bedrock? Is it locked down for a reason, or is it a bug?
leftover from the pack version before the current one ,progressive automation got removed from the pack but the quests tied to it did not by mistake , this is fixed in the next version already

Reactions: TheReduxPL

Zirofal

Jul 29, 2019
The exchange token thing doesn't sound like a bug. I would imagine it's there so you can automate their creation instead of manually doing the quest.
Can't say anything about harvester without at least some screenshots of your setup. I tried in the test world just now and it works as expected. Does your harvester have a place to dump the carrots to? It's going to get stuck otherwise.

IT has a place to go. like i said it has worked with diffrent plants befor.
about the exchange tokkens. well one turns into 64 so thos 64 turns into 4096 and so on. so yea i dont think thats how it is ment to be

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
about the exchange tokkens. well one turns into 64 so thos 64 turns into 4096 and so on. so yea i dont think thats how it is ment to be
exchange tokens have no value besides being a marker for the rate u have unlocked from the questbook and since the alloy furnace cant be told to not use up the exchange token , the token is simply made beyond easy to duplicate to allow the automatic conversion of coins to vouchers without needing to collect an item from the quest book for anything but the first token of that tier (the quest book cant be automated )

trader chits on the other hand have significant value

Reactions: An0nymuS

TheReduxPL

Jun 8, 2013
Anyone else here unable to make magical wooden parts? I'm trying to put magical wood and a pattern in the part builder but it doesn't let me craft it...