Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I think this got lost in my other post that merged with it. If not I apologize.

i download soartex texture pack for ultimate pack. when i get in game and go to click on it. it says
soartex.zip
the default look of minecraft

i have redownloaded it 3 times.
anyone know of any problems with this texture pack and ultimate?

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
I think this got lost in my other post that merged with it. If not I apologize.

i download soartex texture pack for ultimate pack. when i get in game and go to click on it. it says
soartex.zip
the default look of minecraft

i have redownloaded it 3 times.
anyone know of any problems with this texture pack and ultimate?

did you download the addon pack? because im pretty sure that you have to manually add the addon pack to the original tp to get all of the textures

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
If you downloaded it via the Soartex thread on Minecraftforums, then you can find the mods addon here on the FTB forums in the texturepacks section.

You can however also download the Soartex pack via the FTB launcher, last I checked. In that case it should be complete from the start.

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
I can confirm that downloaded from the launcher, Soartex works perfectly with ultimate.

madaffacca

Jul 29, 2019
Do nearby apiaries affect mutations? I'm pretty noobish with bees, but I finally managed to achieve a pure bred imperial princess and drone. After a couple of cycles I found myself with a meadows / majestic princess and a majestic / imperial drone. How did this happen? I have 10 apiaries pretty close one to the other and I was wondering if nearby species affect each other.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Do nearby apiaries affect mutations? I'm pretty noobish with bees, but I finally managed to achieve a pure bred imperial princess and drone. After a couple of cycles I found myself with a meadows / majestic princess and a majestic / imperial drone. How did this happen? I have 10 apiaries pretty close one to the other and I was wondering if nearby species affect each other.

No. You probably didn't see some of your cultivated had mutations in the Noble line, or you used hybrids that had cultivated and common in them.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have a reference on how much MJ do the various Forestry machines (squeezer, fermenter, centrifuge, ...) use per operation? I could test with redstone cells, but I'm wondering if anyone else already did the work and published the results somewhere.

Reactions: un worry

eisbaerBorealis

Jul 29, 2019
I feel pretty comfortable with mods, but when things get updated and I try the Ultimate Pack with several mods I've never touched before, it can be pretty difficult to pinpoint the exact source of something.

Where do the random nether explosions come from and why?
Twice now I've been mining nether coal and I hear the creeper sound. Being the logical Minecrafter I am, I immediately run away, and an explosion occurs behind me, right where I was standing. Is this a balance for Nether Ores? Is it only Coal, or do I need to be more cautious while mining other ores as well?
Stupid explosion got some Pigmen mad at me and killed me...

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019

The only thing I can think that added anything like that would be firebats, which were added by Thaumcraft so you should have seen them before.

Twice now I've been mining nether coal and I hear the creeper sound. Being the logical Minecrafter I am, I immediately run away, and an explosion occurs behind me, right where I was standing. Is this a balance for Nether Ores? Is it only Coal, or do I need to be more cautious while mining other ores as well?

If you have a jetpack, you should jet upward to look for the little red bugger. He'll dance around you and slowly fly upward. Stab him in the face until he dies.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Stupid explosion got some Pigmen mad at me and killed me...
I had those when I briefly played Tekkit, but I haven't had them in Direwolf20. I don't think that it was Firebats, as those were a new surprise when I got to the Nether in DW20. Also the explosions were MUCH bigger than Firebat pops, they left creeper-sized blast craters. I think it was the Nether Ores as it only happened when I was mining in the Nether.

Reactions: eisbaerBorealis

Growle

Jul 29, 2019
Living on an island in the middle of a Large-Biomes Ocean, thinking of draining the ocean, at least any water close to my island, good idea or bad idea? :p

If you're trying to drain a specific area just to clear the water out, then I would recommend walling that area in from the ocean floor up to the top water layer, making sure it's closed off on the outer sides, like a giant bucket... When I had to clear a very large area of water, I made 8 BC pumps (overkill) connected to 1 tesseract receiving 100mj/t (it's limit). On each of the pumps I had a single waterproof void pipe to void all the water, since there was no reason to keep it at all. Don't bother storing the water in tanks, and make sure the void pipe is the waterproof variant...shouldnt need a wooden pipe at all).

Starting off it may seem like a good idea to pump water from natural sources like the ocean or a lake, but all it will do is eventually cause ever increasing lag like Saice mentioned. There are easier and faster ways to aqcuire water, one of those being the aqueous accumulator (with water on two sides), and more recently the xycraft water blocks (I haven't tested these yet). Both are fairly easy to make, and will give you literally limitless water with 0 power requirement, and you can keep several machines / farms running with just 1 of these amazing blocks.

Reactions: Yuka

VANtheSven

Jul 29, 2019
There is some data on that here: http://thetekkit.wikia.com/wiki/Nether_Ores although nothing on the mod's forum page. If that feature is still in play, which it may very well, then it's a real wonder that the mod's author did not document it properly.
More testing is required.

"These can make you quite rich (with IC2 they even macerate for the double amount of ore per block), but beware, the local inhabitants don't take too kindly to people stealing their resources, and ages of being exposed to the hostile environment of the nether has left these ores somewhat unstable...", found here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1564850-147-minefactory-rl-nether-ores-power-converters/

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019

VANtheSven

Jul 29, 2019
Good find. The correct thread for these mods, now, though, is here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...s-mfr-22-powerconverters-netherores-and-more/ which has nothing listed about causing zombie pigmen to attack (does this still happen?) or the ores to explode at seemingly random times (this appears to still happen).

True, but since it is a continuation of the other one, I assumed that those things still happened (especially after reading the post stating that this stuff happened xD)

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
True, but since it is a continuation of the other one, I assumed that those things still happened (especially after reading the post stating that this stuff happened xD)

Indeed, although I don't think it is very logically to go searching for old release threads regarding the mod instead of wikis or the mod's current release. At least, though, there is some data SOMEWHERE to confirm what is happening.

Now, we need some tests in regards to the zombie pigmen and mining ore. eisbaerBorealis, are you prepared to die for your country (again, this time discounting an explosion causing aggro)?

VANtheSven

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, although I don't think it is very logically to go searching for old release threads regarding the mod instead of wikis or the mod's current release. At least, though, there is some data SOMEWHERE to confirm what is happening.

Now, we need some tests in regards to the zombie pigmen and mining ore. eisbaerBorealis, are you prepared to die for your country (again, this time discounting an explosion causing aggro)?

Actually it was google that gave me that page as a result. I'll test it in a cheatyworld :p, back with results in a few.

EDIT: Just tested it, and mining the Nether Ores blocks indeed upsets the pigmen and it can randomly cause explosion of the ores.

Reactions: Guswut