Chunk Loader & Base design

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ldog

Jul 29, 2019
So I haven't played MC in a while, started playing Infinity Evolved Expert mode this weekend. Having a blast so far. Just getting to the EnderIO point of the techtree and feeling the pain of a messy ad-hoc base. Trying to layout something that will fit everything, since I'm being forced to use mods I've always had but never gotten into (which is actually something I am really liking about this pack)

I historicly do highly compact bases (like single chunk), but I'm starting to rethink that. For performance reasons I'd actually like to move as much as possible OUT of the chunk loader zone.

I never used Blood Magic before and haven't played Witchery in ages, should they be loaded or not? I'm thinking Witchery can sit outside safely since IIRC you only use the altar power when you are around it.

Any other large items that are good candidates?

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019
So I haven't played MC in a while, started playing Infinity Evolved Expert mode this weekend. Having a blast so far. Just getting to the EnderIO point of the techtree and feeling the pain of a messy ad-hoc base. Trying to layout something that will fit everything, since I'm being forced to use mods I've always had but never gotten into (which is actually something I am really liking about this pack)

I historicly do highly compact bases (like single chunk), but I'm starting to rethink that. For performance reasons I'd actually like to move as much as possible OUT of the chunk loader zone.

I never used Blood Magic before and haven't played Witchery in ages, should they be loaded or not? I'm thinking Witchery can sit outside safely since IIRC you only use the altar power when you are around it.

Any other large items that are good candidates?
Your blood magic altar should be chunk loaded especially if you are using bound armor/tools, once you get to auto killing for LP it should be loaded all the time to keep your network full. Witchery stuff does not need to be loaded as far as i can remember, the poppet shelf loads it own chunk so that should not be a problem.

Reactions: Ldog

Ldog

Jul 29, 2019
Your blood magic altar should be chunk loaded especially if you are using bound armor/tools, once you get to auto killing for LP it should be loaded all the time to keep your network full. Witchery stuff does not need to be loaded as far as i can remember, the poppet shelf loads it own chunk so that should not be a problem.

Thanks. At least the fully upgraded BM altar does make a nice building topper.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019

I never bothered with this. As you upgrade the blood alter you personal LP reserve becomes truly massive.

Lots of people go all out with powered spawners, or cursed earth, below their altar - but I found that if the alter is built close to your crafting / storage etc area - a simple dark room below the altar will build up your LP over time. If I can I move a vanilla spawner under the altar - which boosts the LP rate if/when I am standing on the altar for crafting etc.

As the vanilla spawner, and dark room spawning, are both proximity based, I also never bothered to chunkload the altar.

Also - if you are using Ender IO you more than likely will not need to bother with explicit chunkloading. As a server admin chasing down performance issues I found that Dimensional transceivers will load their own chunk AND any chunks they are connected to via conduits.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
As a server admin chasing down performance issues I found that Dimensional transceivers will load their own chunk AND any chunks they are connected to via conduits.

Wait, what? That's amazing, as having one wire in your network unload can cause a number of frustrating issues. I do understand from a server admin that your perspective might not view this as such a boon, but as a player, this is incredible.

Ldog

Jul 29, 2019
I never bothered with this. As you upgrade the blood alter you personal LP reserve becomes truly massive.

Lots of people go all out with powered spawners, or cursed earth, below their altar - but I found that if the alter is built close to your crafting / storage etc area - a simple dark room below the altar will build up your LP over time. If I can I move a vanilla spawner under the altar - which boosts the LP rate if/when I am standing on the altar for crafting etc.

As the vanilla spawner, and dark room spawning, are both proximity based, I also never bothered to chunkload the altar.

Also - if you are using Ender IO you more than likely will not need to bother with explicit chunkloading. As a server admin chasing down performance issues I found that Dimensional transceivers will load their own chunk AND any chunks they are connected to via conduits.

I'm still a ways off from EnderIO conduits (expertmode recipe is ridiculous, plat so hard to come by...wish someone had told me ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS cinnabar + ferrous ore in induction smelter) but that is good to know.