[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, the farm itself doesn't hurt I guess, just dislike the crafting process. However, my main beef is with the alchemy core, since other than the non-viable pipes I don't really know an alternative, and running around right-clicking with an alembic isn't really an option imo.
Get better with essentia tubes or wait till you've got an EBF going, those are your options. Essentia tubes are perfectly capable of automating alchemy, even if it may be a bit more expensive.

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
Get better with essentia tubes or wait till you've got an EBF going, those are your options. Essentia tubes are perfectly capable of automating alchemy, even if it may be a bit more expensive.

If you have more than one, even with a filtered essentia tube, warded jar it just always clog my network and until I remove the warded jar :( Never works for me, hence my predilection for the alchemy core.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, buffers are super useful. You can always just make sure to only have one line for any aspect, although automating alchemy for an infusion altar is different so you'll want a ton of buffers or golems if you're just dumping items in to be extracted for essentia. If you control items to know which goes where you can plan it so there's only one line for each aspect and buffers for every extra jar if you need them.

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
Man that's so expensive, especially vis since I haven't found a way to reach 70 vis with greatwood, or is that possible? Would be nice if I could already move nodes to my base, but I understand if that's gated until later.

Guess I just have to lay back on the infusion for now, since I have to work quite a bit in terms of a wood farm, a lot more work now!

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
Someone should make a thread somewhere here on the forums where people can post links to different helpfull threads and tutorials for TC.

Sent from Discord using Tapatalk 9001

Reactions: Adalia8

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like you need an MV fluid extractor for the farm blocks? Is there thus no way to make a tree farm pre-blast furnace? :/ Quartzite dust seems to be the only way, but that seems a tad strange.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like you need an MV fluid extractor for the farm blocks? Is there thus no way to make a tree farm pre-blast furnace? :/ Quartzite dust seems to be the only way, but that seems a tad strange.
Quartzite is deliberately done so there is an LV option for getting molten glass, we've got quite a few things that need molten glass and are only LV because of that recipe.

Reactions: Tyriael_Soban
E

Eridium

Are there any plans to add in the moons for the gas giants? Would be awesome to expand infrastructure way out to the outer solar system. Imagine a mining facility on Io, or Europa, or even Titan.

Vliro

Jul 29, 2019
Quartzite is deliberately done so there is an LV option for getting molten glass, we've got quite a few things that need molten glass and are only LV because of that recipe.
Ah alright, the entire thing seemed a bit off.

Man that crafting is so slooow:( and it ate up my entire steam buffer, oh well soon the large bronze boiler!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Jason, is there any use for ExtrabiomesXL Cracked Sand? I sometimes seem to acquire large amounts of this whilst digging out an ore vein. It would be nice to actually have a use for it and with GregTech there's probably more than a few processing options that could be made available, not that I would care a lot what level they're at. :D

Or it could be a relatively easy to get to glass option if there was some early game method to convert it. GregTech needs relatively little glass anyway, so I'd probably use it for windows and decorative purposes, mostly.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Cracked sand used to centrifuge down to saltpeter and sand (back in mc 1.4.7) i remember it being an option to obtain stuff for nitro-diesel back when i played the mindcrack pack.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Why does rubber suddenly need sulfur to be made into rubber products? This really destroys the availability of a lot of products that need rubber. Is there an early-game alternative to rubber? I feel as if this question has been asked before, if that's the case, please post the page number(s) it is on.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

B

Bob Lawblah

Just wondering if there is an early game sorting option available in this pack. I've never used gregtech before so it's a little overwhelming (didn't find an iron ingot for 3 hours lol). I haven't really used buildcraft before, but is that possible to use early game? I'm currently in the bronze age. Currently have access to iron (not a lot), copper and tin.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Why does rubber suddenly need sulfur to be made into rubber products? This really destroys the availability of a lot of products that need rubber. Is there an early-game alternative to rubber? I feel as if this question has been asked before, if that's the case, please post the page number(s) it is on.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
If you'd like a real life quote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulcanization If you aren't terribly interested all you need to read is the first paragraph at the very top. It's basically how you vulcanize rubber irl... and Gregtech is about making tech more believable.
Early method is wasteful using loads of natural resources and sulfur to make little rubber, ie very wasteful. Later on, with a (LV or higher) chemical reactor you can make the process much more efficient.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Just wondering if there is an early game sorting option available in this pack. I've never used gregtech before so it's a little overwhelming (didn't find an iron ingot for 3 hours lol). I haven't really used buildcraft before, but is that possible to use early game? I'm currently in the bronze age. Currently have access to iron (not a lot), copper and tin.
I guess most people resort to making a wall of Storage drawers combined with some Jabba barrels for bigger quantity items... though they can't be automated(early on) it's a bit faster when you can easily see all items than having to search though multiple chests I guess :)

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
I actually like GregTech Item Pipes for early sorting into a network of either JABBA Barrels or Storage Drawers. There are pros and cons to each storage solution, but the good thing is that both are made only of wood, and both can be moved with a JABBA Dolly.

In order to get items into the GT Item Pipes, you will need to use a GT Conveyor as a pipe cover and hit it with a screwdriver to put it in "input" mode. You can install GT covers and/or plates to keep parallel legs of the Item Pipes from cross-connecting. The Conveyor can move up to 1 stack of items at a time, but it only tries to move items once every 20 seconds... so it is not "fast", but it gets the job done. Plus there are no pipe animations so it is lag-friendly on servers.

If this sounds expensive, it is. You will also need some zinc, but you should be able to find enough small ore to get you going. You can always use the Barrels or Drawers manually until you save up to automate them. Of course, by then you might be in the Electric Age and can get into EnderIO Conduits instead.