FTB Infinity Skyblock 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
ratchet freak - I've got the soul sand (25k or so) but only 16 wither skulls so far. That's why I was so annoyed about the wither skeletons escaping...I've had the spawner running for maybe 5 minutes, and I've had wither skeletons escape twice. I guess I could use the auto-spawner (which would hopefully avoid the compressed mobs), but that means I'd need a better supply of mob essence, which is just a hassle I hate dealing with (mostly because it means I need two mob farms, since grinders dont give all the player only drops.)

you can use diamond spike on your mob farm. This will give you player only drops and drop XP. Then just collect the XP w/what ever way you want and when you need to convert to mob essence just use a XP shower onto a sewer and this will convert it.

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
If you are willing to do a decent amount of botania and witchery to get netherrack in large quantities you could also make a conjuration catalyst. It can duplicated netherrack at the cost of mana, really quick as well.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
In non-Skyblock Infinity Evolved, I finally solved this issue when the light bulb went on (DOH!) and I plopped an MFR Auto-Spawner right in the middle of the 9x9 Cursed Earth spawn pad. In fact, I even added a second Auto-Spawner one block above the first, so I could run 2 Wither Skele's at the same time. You'll get so much Essence from the Cursed Earth mobs you can basically run Witches or Blazes or whatever non-stop with the Auto-Spawner, that's what I did. And it was still an excess of Essence.

Just rig up a light switch which will turn off the Cursed Earth mobs, then make a temporary opening in the wall and spawn your Wither Skele's nonstop until you've gotten a nice stack of heads or so in a half hour's time. Of course, use the beheading Cleaver from Tinker's, maxxed out, etc.
Well, if the nether existed, I'd do my normal route of setting up an Ender IO powered spawner with skeletons in the nether, with a beheading scythe in an autonomous activator. With max beheading and fortune 3, it generates several hundred heads per hour.

I suppose I could probably set it up in the nether regardless of it being a void...Does anyone know if the FTBUtils chunkloading works well across dimensions? I know one Youtuber I watched had problems with it, but that was a while ago, and I'm fairly certain it's been updated since then.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
the powered spawner of enderIO just takes power to spawn skellies

Add some good auto beheading to the kill zone and you will get insane amount of skulls

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, I've got a powered spawner dropping skellies through witch water, just don't have auto-killing yet. I set it up right before I quit for the night, and I just wanted to test that the skeletons were falling far enough that they didn't just end up swimming in the witch water (a problem I had in the first Agrarian Skies.) Setting up a Killer Joe (I've wanted to use one forever and just have never gotten around to it) is one of the next things on my to-do list.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Welp, 2 days now I've been at full warp and have been attacked by Eldritch guardians only a few times and gotten 1 eye, yet I seem to need at least 5 of them ,_,

Am I missing something?

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Capture a guardian in a soul vial and powered spawner them? Possibly they work with safari nets as well, but I've never tried.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Agh...my world just broke.

I was running around scanning things trying to get more ordo, and when I was walking over to my wither box, as soon as my thaumometer was pointed at reinforced obsidian I crashed....and when I loaded in, I crashed again, since I was still looking at reinforced obsidian through my thaumometer.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
Agh...my world just broke.

I was running around scanning things trying to get more ordo, and when I was walking over to my wither box, as soon as my thaumometer was pointed at reinforced obsidian I crashed....and when I loaded in, I crashed again, since I was still looking at reinforced obsidian through my thaumometer.

Anyone have any suggestions?

First make a backup in case anything goes wrong:

So I opened up my test world and tested it. Thaumometer looking at reinforced obsidian is basically a instant crash. As for fixing it you have two choices that I can think of. The simplest and most destructive is deleting your player.dat. This will destroy your entire inventory but you'll be back at spawn and no thaumometer to look at the obsidian.

The second assumes that you can use a very basic program and find your world's save folder, doing it this way should result in absolutely no loss of data. Go here http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...65-nbtexplorer-nbt-editor-for-windows-and-mac and find the download for windows or mac and download the zip for NBTExplorer. run the program and open up the level.dat file in your world's save inside the program. In NBTExplorer under the Level.Dat section will be a data section and then a player section. Inside the player section is a section labled Pos. This is your player's position in the world. Change it. To do something simple add say 50 to the first number and set the second number to 200. This will move your +50 in the X direction in the world high up in the air so you aren't stuck and suffocate when logging in. If you don't have a jetpack or want you might also want to go further down and set playerGameType to 1, this will put you in creative mode so hopefully when you log in and hit the ground you won't die or if this moves you above the void you can fly away back to your base.

After making all those changes save them and then reload your world. Hopefully you should now be at the new location safe and sound and now you just have to avoid using the thaumometer to look at the reinforced obsidian until the bug gets fixed.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome, thanks. I'll have to give that a try (the second one, that is. I can definitely handle a basic progam and find the save folder. :) )

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
My server turned off RF Tools (I have no idea why they did that), and it really has left me in a bit of a bind. Why? Because I have NOTHING to use my power generation on!!! This modpack is kinda odd, the longer I play it. Sure, it's expert mode, but it's not nearly as difficult as non-Skyblock Expert mode was. In fact, I'd even say this pack is relatively easy.

But since we have no overworld, and since I'll NEVER have an overworld (without RF Tools), I'll never be able to run a quarry to use up the massive amount of power generated by Big Reactor Turbines and IC2 Nuclear... it leaves me scratching my head. Is there anything in this modpack besides RF Tools that requires massive power input? The only two things I know of that uses massive power are EnderQuarry and RF Tools.

Yes, this may be unique to my own situation (not being able to use the RF Tools mod), but I still think this modpack has some issues with balance. But that's only my opinion and if yours is different, that's wonderful. :) I guess I just don't like Skyblock, I miss having the Overworld and ALL the worlds.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
But since we have no overworld, and since I'll NEVER have an overworld (without RF Tools), I'll never be able to run a quarry to use up the massive amount of power generated by Big Reactor Turbines and IC2 Nuclear... it leaves me scratching my head. Is there anything in this modpack besides RF Tools that requires massive power input? The only two things I know of that uses massive power are EnderQuarry and RF Tools.
RF Tools dimensions are disabled as part of the Skyblock, not like normal IE:E where it's just expensive, dimension builder is totally uncraftable here. Very much meant to be sky block only, no getting to normal worlds ever as far as I can tell.

Hmm, makes me wonder what the spirit world would be like in this pack.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
RF Tools dimensions are disabled as part of the Skyblock, not like normal IE:E where it's just expensive, dimension builder is totally uncraftable here. Very much meant to be sky block only, no getting to normal worlds ever as far as I can tell.

ive been told by my fellow server members that its regular generation for the spirit world. I know they disabled dimension building in IE:SB but i dont understand why they just didnt make all created dimensions void worlds, i know its possible,sky factory did this.

spcsting

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to get broken spawners : o?

I went to the Witchery spirit world. Haven't found any thaumcraft obelisks yet, but did find a few infested greatwood trees, so maybe there's hope of finding what you need there. took pretty much no time to set up an ender pouch since you can sift dust in the spirit world for blaze powder

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
My server turned off RF Tools (I have no idea why they did that), and it really has left me in a bit of a bind. Why? Because I have NOTHING to use my power generation on!!! This modpack is kinda odd, the longer I play it. Sure, it's expert mode, but it's not nearly as difficult as non-Skyblock Expert mode was. In fact, I'd even say this pack is relatively easy.

Yes, this may be unique to my own situation (not being able to use the RF Tools mod), but I still think this modpack has some issues with balance. But that's only my opinion and if yours is different, that's wonderful. :) I guess I just don't like Skyblock, I miss having the Overworld and ALL the worlds.
uu matter generation and all the upgraded machines for your various automation needs

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
Dimension building could be interesting. One way I could see it happening is by requiring Items from various mods, Primordial pearl from thaumcraft, Some of the dragonic evolution higher items maybe a awakened core, ect. This would allow getting off the skyblock not to be a early goal but a late-game goal for those who want to but hopefully not early enough to the point where it would be game-breaking worlds being created.

The one big issues is servers, the RF matter teleporter would either need to be given the same treatment or people would need to be trusted not to abuse already created world.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
For those who are better at Logistics Pipes than I am, is there anyway to auto-craft stuff where the recipe uses a non-consumable item such as a blood orb and have it not require multiple blood orbs when requesting multiple of the same item.

Trying to craft a blood rune using a way stone, entropy shard, 4 stones, 2 blank runes and a weak blood orb. however requesting 10 of them and the LP system tells me I am missing 9 blood orbs. Can request one at a time but that kind of defeats the purpose of auto-crafting blank runes. Only workaround I found so far was to not tell the crafting pipe that it needs a weak blood orb but put the recipe in correctly to the logistics crafting table and just leave the blood orb in the crafting table which works but would require a seperate blood orb for every recipe that uses a blood orb.

Crafting byproduct upgrade doesn't work, putting the blood orb in the extra slot just causes the system not to send the blood orb at all.
Place a copy of your top tier blood orb in the crafting table, all the recipes can use higher tier orbs.

RF Tools dimensions are disabled as part of the Skyblock, not like normal IE:E where it's just expensive, dimension builder is totally uncraftable here. Very much meant to be skyblock only, no getting to normal worlds ever as far as I can tell.

It spawns normally, otherwise you would not be able to get the cotton you need.

Reactions: OniyaMCD