Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Just released an update for RFTools and McJtyLib on 1.9 and also ported Deep Resonance to 1.9!. All beta of course:

McJtyLib 1.8.1beta9: http://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/233105-mcjtylib#t1:other-downloads
RFTools 4.23beta34: http://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/224641-rftools#t1:other-downloads
Deep Resonance 1.1.4beta18: http://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/233398-deep-resonance#t1:other-downloads

Have fun!

It's like 1.8 is getting shafted. 1.8 Modded. Dead before arrival. We hardly knew you and you will be missed.

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guess what? Everyone on the MC forums hates 1.9. When will the cycle end?
I sware people are making accounts just to complain. Seriously, 1.9 isn't bad, they should get a life.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hey guess what? Everyone on the MC forums hates 1.9. When will the cycle end?
I sware people are making accounts just to complain. Seriously, 1.9 isn't bad, they should get a life.

Cptqrk is handed a piece of paper...
This just in... Minecraft forum users hate newest version.. This latest round will remind everyone of the revolt from 1.4.. 1.5....1.6...."

This is why I just stay here, unless a modder hasn't posted info on their mod here...

Reactions: RedBoss

RenzosNips

Jul 29, 2019

Guerin78

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, all the things that made EU unique have been broken for years in "official" IC2. If EU is going to act just like RF (and since 1.6.4 at the latest, the only real difference between the two has been the size of the numbers), then there's no real reason for IC2++ to keep it separate. (And neither Gregtech nor IC2 Classic are likely to make the change, so EU will still be around, it'll just be a much more niche power system than it was.)

I hope they avoid one of the main problems the big MJ mods had when they converted to RF, though. Most just added a zero to their numbers, without considering where their mods fit in the RF ecosystem. As a result, unless forced by a specific pack (like Infinity Evolved, or Regrowth), no one uses them, and certainly not for power generation.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I understand why this was done, and I agree it was the right decision given the circumstances.

However its a sad day for all of us. RIP interesting and unique alternatives.
*pours one out for EU​

I really hope the dev team still implements the old school gameplay mechanics that came with the powergrid- wires melting and machines exploding from too much Rf/t would be pretty damn cool.
(I guess transformers could work as a power limiter, to give connections between 'low voltage' areas and the main grid??)

[Or this is one of the best April fools ruses to come out of the MC community. (Potentially some re-textured EIO machines in the video?) Good game guys- you got me good :p]

Last edited:

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Gotta be a April fools joke, this will probably kill IC2. BuildCraft can get away with going to RF because it has things like the quarry and pump to offer and lets be honest MJ was a lot like RF already.
IC2 is now just an ugly slightly harder to use clone of TE. The reactors might be a draw to some players but in the RF environment people are already useing BigReactors.
I just don't see this turning out well for anyone. I don't see myself using IC2 any more then I do now because it uses RF now.

Should do what Reika and Greg does, cater to their niche audience and come to terms with not being the popular mod.

Gotta stop compromising core values for popularity.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
This isn't important to anybody is it?

Jens Bergensten Verified account ‏@jeb_
This may be an odd little detail, but it makes a big difference and is the first screenshot from Minecraft (PC) 1.10
QRqF6vp.png
I bet Direwolf won't appreciate that change.

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest, I was originally mixed on the change, but considering that TE will be gone for a while as of 1.8.9 (Not sure about 1.9) I'm welcoming the change. People might start using IC2 again and bring it back to it's glory back in older days of MC. I'm kinda hyped about BC also making changes that are set around IC2 now using RF. Granted, I will miss EU and it being it's native power system, but I think seeing people use IC2 again will be pretty dope.

On the other hand, i know things like Tech Reborn and Gregtech will still be around making EU... I hope... and there is Uncomplication which to my understanding will bring back EU to IC2