I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Cursing at my newly set up server for not wanting to recognise ANY fricking mod blocks and generating purely vanilla worlds...

Of course I pointed McMyAdmin towards the vanilla MC jar file and not the ftb one...

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
While troubleshooting a faulty Rotarycraft pump setup, I disconnected the water pipe from the pump. After discovering that I had somehow put the fire on my Netherrack out, I lit it again and waited for the pump to kick on. It did, for a moment, then stopped for some reason. "Aha! The Steam Boiler isn't getting water. Let's fix that..."

Bang.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
New map .. spent ages hunting down Endermen for one measly pearl.

Finally one drops, I carry it back home with tears of joy in my eyes, and the moment I get home to open the door, I right click the damn pearl by mistake.

The rage was real people.

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing minecraft for a couple of years now, struggling to get 20- 30 fps then last night my daughter comes in and throws something on my keyboard and the screen flashes black then comes back with a slightly different view.... and i was like what id you do to my game? it doesn't seem normal any more..... then i checked f3 and was getting 60 to 100 fps... and was like what did you do to my game you fixed it! Now for the derp spent 20 minutes trying to figure out what she had done then i discovered by random button pushing she had hit the f11 key changing it to full screen mode. I never knew it made that much of a difference.WOW!

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Reintroducing my Mom to minecraft, Started her off in a hilly partially frozen wasteland. I realized that wasn't the best spot to start someone that is both learning how to control a character and play minecraft.

Finally switched to a customized preset. She was enjoying playing on it and less frustrated, I think.

Found it had no trees to chop down. Now I have customized it even further. When she gets back to playing she should have a temporary world ready for early game play introduction.
2;7,2;4;village,biome_1,decoration,stronghold,lake,lava_lake,dungeon

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
Minor derp but still...

Set up my AE to feed silicon dust into my router and then into the line of automatic E-furnaces. Nothing.. scratched head, noticed that yes the furnaces got filled, but didnt cook it into bars. Checked wiring, redid everything in case of some bug. Went to google to see if i was using routers wrong somehow...

Then after 10 mins of headscratching.. oh yeah, you cook silicon dust in an industrial blast furnace not an e-furnace.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Haven't played for like a week, and of course I left the server running (McMyAdmin no longer supports server sleep on 1.7+). Logged on and found that performance was HORRIBLE...
Scouted around to find the cause and then got hit by a wall of 1fps at the farming areas...
2016-03-15_11.41.04.png
4100+ sheep somehow spewing out of my cow farm. I guess over the last week two sheep just happened to have spawned just outside the enclosure, but still in range of the Pollidisiac(must be halfway glitched into the walls for that to happen I think...).

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
D: I can't bring myself to void things. That's why I have ProjectE! :p
Well, to expand on it, I try not to directly void stuff either. Overflow from main storage is trickled down through various useful things(I love thinking up solutions to make use of the overflow) until at last what is left is put through a Matter condenser to make singularities.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Forgot that a 3x3x1 pool isn't enough for a fast-operating RoC pump. Nearly caused disaster, since I'm using the water to power RoC steam engines, which do NOT take kindly to running dry. Put a couple of Ender IO reservoirs on my main water reservoir to act as a stopgap in case that happens again.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Forgot that a 3x3x1 pool isn't enough for a fast-operating RoC pump. Nearly caused disaster, since I'm using the water to power RoC steam engines, which do NOT take kindly to running dry. Put a couple of Ender IO reservoirs on my main water reservoir to act as a stopgap in case that happens again.

How much power are you putting into it before running into issues? If you've got a ton of power available and in need of massive amounts of water, consider the Dewpoint Aggregator in place of your pump system.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
How much power are you putting into it before running into issues? If you've got a ton of power available and in need of massive amounts of water, consider the Dewpoint Aggregator in place of your pump system.
Just a wind turbine. Its enough to push it to one-tick operational speed, and that needs a bigger-than-normal pool of water to feed it. A 4x4x1 seems to be working relatively well, and a 5x5x1 would likely be ideal. Don't have enough infrastructure (not even up to making ethanol, yet) for the DPA, yet.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Did I ever tell you guys about the time I accidentally grew a Mega Rubber Tree on sky block, yeah well, I got all 3 kinds of Rubber Saplings (normal, mega and sacred) from loot bags and so I'm like, well better not plant the enchanted one. And so without paying attention I plant the mega sapling. Well after a little bit of bonemeal I started suffocating and spawned on top of a massive tree. Well anything above the starting level of my base was wiped out in a 5x5 area, which was basically all my storage and most machines because I still hadn't organized my base so you know the drill, most things clustered around your starting area and then a skinny path to a mob spawned tower. So yeah, I go to the latest save and my spawner wasn't yet finished and I was missing a few other parts of my base. This is the only issue with fast paced game play. Yeah, I restarted but I luckily wasn't super far.

Reactions: Shevron

Renton Terrace

Jul 29, 2019
Did I ever tell you guys about the time I accidentally grew a Mega Rubber Tree on sky block, yeah well, I got all 3 kinds of Rubber Saplings (normal, mega and sacred) from loot bags and so I'm like, well better not plant the enchanted one. And so without paying attention I plant the mega sapling. Well after a little bit of bonemeal I started suffocating and spawned on top of a massive tree. Well anything above the starting level of my base was wiped out in a 5x5 area, which was basically all my storage and most machines because I still hadn't organized my base so you know the drill, most things clustered around your starting area and then a skinny path to a mob spawned tower. So yeah, I go to the latest save and my spawner wasn't yet finished and I was missing a few other parts of my base. This is the only issue with fast paced game play. Yeah, I restarted but I luckily wasn't super far.
With Ex Nihilo(and addons) that actually sounds like it might be fun to do.
Start on top of a giant tree instead of some little floating island.