Problem Disappearing modded blocks

S

Scissormebby

Me and my boyfriend are trying to get a server going, we have followed all the tutorials and spent days trying every possible fix we have found in other forum threads.

Here is what we have done on our most recent tries:
1. We have downloaded the Direwolf20 1.9.0 server and extracted the .zip file to a folder on the desktop
2. went into the eula.txt file and changed false to true.
3. We then ran the FTBInstall.bat file
4. then the ServerStart.bat file
5. went into server properties and changed the server ip to the one given to us by hamachi and the level type to BIOMESOP
6. loaded up the FTBServer-1.7.10-1448.jar
7. and the minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar
8. then logged into the server

After that everything works fine except whenever we right click on a modded block it disappears. All vanilla blocks are fine and have no issues. We have only done the changing of the level type to BIOMESOP the last two tries because we found a tutorial that did it that way, the previous times we left it as it was at default.

This is now the third day we have spent on it and cannot get anywhere. Please help!

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
What do you mean with steps 6 and 7? When you run ServerStart.bat it starts the server and once it loaded you can connect to it with your client. Any changes to server.properties requires a server restart.

S

ShawdyLink

hey @mc.crab this is the boyfriend. so are you saying that we can just run serverstart.bat and while that is running we can simply just connect to the server and play?

S

ShawdyLink

we also tried doing everything we could on the infinity modpack as well and the same exact thing happened. this is what my folder looks like for the infinity evolved 2.2.2 server http://prntscr.com/9n073f. if there is anything missing from the folder or anything in there that might be causing issues or anything like that please let us know. we are desperate at this point.

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
The same thing happened after running serverstart.bat and connecting with the client?

To set up the server:
Download and unzip the files
run FTBInstall.bat, after that finishes run Serverstart.bat
It should crash, agree to the eula
Run serverstart.bat again, this time it should start
Now you can connect with your client.

For comparison here is my server folder https://i.imgur.com/tVEeDc4.png I have a couple of extra folders because I have ForgeEssentials running.

S

Scissormebby

Its working now with the Direwold20 modpack, still to try it with the Infinity modpack :D thank you so much, i guess we were overthinking it and adding too many steps. Again thank you :)

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to figure out what they did wrong. I think they didn't need to run the .jars as the .bat files do that already.

Still their symptoms seem odd, modded blocks dissapearing by a right mouse click? I've never heard of that happening before.
Though it could have been a server client miss match but that would prevent connection altogether.

What's going on here?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk