Open 2.0.0: Ethanol and Bio fuels - Immersive Engineering vs. Forestry

Polyomnomnom

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
I'm not sure if this is WaD, but I was tinkering with the Liquid Fuel Firebox from Railcraft today, and found that it would accept ethanol from Forestry for Minecraft, but not ethanol from Immersive Engineering.

A little bit more tinkering showed that biodiesel does not work as a fuel in the Firebox, although it DOES drain both IE ethanol and IE biodiesel from barrels.

I haven't yet done exhaustive testing to see where IE's ethanol is or is not interchangeable with Forestry's, or where liquid fuel engines and generators do not accept biodiesel, but browsing through NEI seems to show a general lack of interoperability.

Mod & Version:
Infinity Evolved 2.0.0

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Yes. It's a mechanical issue.

Known Fix:

Polyomnomnom

Jul 29, 2019
In which case, shouldn't IE's biodiesel be usable to the same specs as ethanol in, say, railcraft machinery?

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Ran into this same thing in a custom pack.

Until the mods decide on how/if they will integrate I made a couple mod tweaker recipe for the buildcraft refinery to convert between the two:
// ImmersiveEngineering Biodiesel to Forestry Ethanol, Cost 88k RF to convert makes 600k in combustion engine net 512k
mods.buildcraft.Refinery.addRecipe(<liquid:bioethanol> * 10, 880, 1, <liquid:biodiesel>*5, <liquid:biodiesel>*5);

// Forestry Ethanol to ImmersiveEngineering Biodiesel, Cost 1k RF to convert makes 512k in Diesel engine net 511k
mods.buildcraft.Refinery.addRecipe(<liquid:biodiesel> * 10, 10, 1, <liquid:bioethanol>*5, <liquid:bioethanol>*5);

Converts one bucket of either to the other over 5 seconds (10mb/t). Some RF loss on the ethanol to diesel side, but you get the IE high RF/t for the trouble.

Last edited:

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Ran into this same thing in a custom pack.

Until the mods decide on how/if they will integrate I made a couple mod tweaker recipe for the buildcraft refinery to convert between the two:
// ImmersiveEngineering Biodiesel to Forestry Ethanol, Cost 88k RF to convert makes 600k in combustion engine net 512k
mods.buildcraft.Refinery.addRecipe(<liquid:bioethanol> * 10, 880, 1, <liquid:biodiesel>*5, <liquid:biodiesel>*5);

// Forestry Ethanol to ImmersiveEngineering Biodiesel, Cost 1k RF to convert makes 512k in Diesel engine net 511k
mods.buildcraft.Refinery.addRecipe(<liquid:biodiesel> * 10, 10, 1, <liquid:bioethanol>*5, <liquid:bioethanol>*5);

Converts one bucket of either to the other over 5 seconds (10mb/t). Some RF loss on the ethanol to diesel side, but you get the IE high RF/t for the trouble.
Added to Script Fixs