Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

M

Mekle

Ok. I'm struggling with getting the ritual table to work (v9b) . I'm fairly confident I have the multi-block right, I've rechecked it around 6 times, including a complete teardown and rebuild. It's still showing all the abilities as greyed out, and hitting it with the manipulator just gives the failure beep. I have several color repeaters with LOS to it, though not all yet.

As far as I can tell, my only missing progression is the desert burrow, power crystals, and of course the ritual table.

Oddly enough, before my casting table levelled up to allow pylon crafting, the ritual table would try to start the rituals, but I didn't have it powered at that point. (I think this is the point where things changed)

What am I missing? or is this something that is known, and I need to get v10c to correct?

EDIT:

Ok, this suddenly started to work after I did the power crystal ring on a pylon. It wasn't clear that was a gating factor.

Last edited:

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Have you removed all options relating to the CMS collector?

I dont use the FTB launcher so I have to allocate ram via arguments. I know the warning that CC gives says I might have to remove some of them but I was hoping -Xmn2G -Xmx3548M -Xincgc wouldnt cause any trouble. Its probably that last one that is the culprit though, I will try again without it.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Both "-Xincgc" and "-Xmn2G" are problems.

Do not specify max new; do not specify incremental.
Max memory is OK, but that small size will be ignored (G1 wants a minimum of 6GB max)

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Both "-Xincgc" and "-Xmn2G" are problems.

Do not specify max new; do not specify incremental.
Max memory is OK, but that small size will be ignored (G1 wants a minimum of 6GB max)

I dont understand, are you saying I need to allocate at least six gb max to play Chromaticraft?

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
I dont understand, are you saying I need to allocate at least six gb max to play Chromaticraft?

I mean, it does not matter how much you tell G1GC is "maximum memory"; G1GC will always use at least 6 GB as it's "maximum".

I see this when using VisualVM. I can specify 3.4 GB as max, and VVM reports that it is really using a 6 GB max.

Remember: One design criteria for G1GC was to improve garbage collection in long running, very large applications with long-lived objects.

Minecraft is *still* a worst-fit application for java's garbage collection models.
CMS is still the closest-fit, because it leaves so many empty cores for CMS to use without disturning Minecraft.

G1GC, being a "full stop" collector, is horrible for a real-time program. The default "try to keep collections shorter than this" is 1/5th of a second, which is long enough to be noticeable. And there is no maximum timeout guarantee (at least you won't see 90 second garbage collections ... that was vanilla with the old default collector).

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
One question and one possible bug report (still not sure where best to post the bugs)

Question:
- Anyone knows if the Crystal Altars are only decoration or if they have a use?
I first thought they might be an alternate way to create boosted crystalls, but so far it seems not so (unless I wait too little time after dropping it onto the altar). But probably it's just my head who thought it would be like that. ^^

About the bug:
While crafting the "Kuro Crystal Altar" in a Tier 3 crafting table (so gold'block + redstone'block crafting altar... I think that's tier 3) I got alot of text into the chat:
OE0E567.png
About 10 more of these lines. Thought this lil screenshot would show enough about what I mean.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
One question and one possible bug report (still not sure where best to post the bugs)

Question:
- Anyone knows if the Crystal Altars are only decoration or if they have a use?
I first thought they might be an alternate way to create boosted crystalls, but so far it seems not so (unless I wait too little time after dropping it onto the altar). But probably it's just my head who thought it would be like that. ^^

About the bug:
While crafting the "Kuro Crystal Altar" in a Tier 3 crafting table (so gold'block + redstone'block crafting altar... I think that's tier 3) I got alot of text into the chat:
OE0E567.png
About 10 more of these lines. Thought this lil screenshot would show enough about what I mean.
Decoration only and fixed respectively.

Reactions: Nezraddin

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Decoration only and fixed respectively.

Alright, thank you for the fast answer :)
Then I don't have to worry about putting them out of reach on some pillars or so, they look so amazing (like most stuff in the mod).
And I totally need to set up this crystal-orchestra at some point... everytime a block (like the crystal altar) makes a sound when hit, I find myself hitting it for like 5 minutes *chuckles*

Last edited:

ReignOfMagic

Jul 29, 2019
Alright guys, looking for a little nudge in the right direction here. I just got the 16th core from the chroma dimension, and now it is saying I need to repair a monument. I have not run across any monuments other than the dimensional cores puzzles in the chroma dimension, and the small altars that are scattered about.

Any idea where I should start looking for this monument, aside from in the chroma dimension?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Alright guys, looking for a little nudge in the right direction here. I just got the 16th core from the chroma dimension, and now it is saying I need to repair a monument. I have not run across any monuments other than the dimensional cores puzzles in the chroma dimension, and the small altars that are scattered about.

Any idea where I should start looking for this monument, aside from in the chroma dimension?
:p

N

nullifiedcat

Dear Reika, could you please fix the BM Bound Armor and CC pylons interaction? Going too close to pylons just one-shots me and sets durability of my armor to negative values.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Dear Reika, could you please fix the BM Bound Armor and CC pylons interaction? Going too close to pylons just one-shots me and sets durability of my armor to negative values.
The BM bound armour thing is intentional, though the negative values thing seems like an accident.