[1.7.10][205 Quests][Listed] BeeHappy - A quest based map about Bees

X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

Could you restate how to get podzol, or at least tell me what page the process is on?
1. Use the alchemy catalyst and get a spruce sapling.
2. Grow it and shear leaves
3. With spruce leaves surrounding a dirt, you get one podzol.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Could you restate how to get podzol, or at least tell me what page the process is on?

No problem:

Method 1) Make yourself a Daybloom in Botania and let it burn out (Dead Bush). Use Shears to collect it, then drop it in a Mana Pool to get a Boreal Seed. This will spread Podzol over pre-placed dirt. (Digging up Podzol turns it back into dirt, so place carefully.)
Method 2) Make the PamsCraft Market and get a Spruce Tree (requires one emerald for the Market and three for the sapling.) Shear leaves and replant. Eight spruce leaf blocks around one dirt block gives you one Podzol.
Method 3) Build a Sludge Boiler. Also build a Harvester to generate sludge. This requires plastic, machine frames and other MFE complexity.

(EDIT - I still don't have the Alchemy Catalyst, which requires Blaze Rods and an Ender Pearl, but if you nab an Enderman or get all the way to the Winsome Bee, knock yourself out.)

Last edited:

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
I started this pack with the objective to learn bees. And the pack delivered :) Now I think I understand all the concepts, and even I learned how to "clone" princess. I managed to get that genetic thing with all the good traits like Fertility 4, work at night, fast worker, etc. That made all very simple.

Now I just got the railcraft bee started, and I'm in the process of getting the yellowrium bee. Also I didn't start the thaumcraft bees (because I always plays magic mods, and wanted to play something different). What happens now? I'm asking because I'm losing interest. I'm looking for something like: "wait until to have to do X", or "The next thing you have to do is awesome".

PS: (To the pack creator) the way you designed the start of the pack, that "get a stack of something, and I will give a machine to do it for you" is brilliant. A little grind at the beginning, and then let's move to the next stage fast. I love it, and I will use something like that when I finally finish my pack. And if I ever release it, you will be credited for the inspiration :)

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Is it okay to add Mekanism into this pack? I can use a Minetweaker script to add a simple recipe for Osmium.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
I started this pack with the objective to learn bees. And the pack delivered :) Now I think I understand all the concepts, and even I learned how to "clone" princess. I managed to get that genetic thing with all the good traits like Fertility 4, work at night, fast worker, etc. That made all very simple.

Now I just got the railcraft bee started, and I'm in the process of getting the yellowrium bee. Also I didn't start the thaumcraft bees (because I always plays magic mods, and wanted to play something different). What happens now? I'm asking because I'm losing interest. I'm looking for something like: "wait until to have to do X", or "The next thing you have to do is awesome".

PS: (To the pack creator) the way you designed the start of the pack, that "get a stack of something, and I will give a machine to do it for you" is brilliant. A little grind at the beginning, and then let's move to the next stage fast. I love it, and I will use something like that when I finally finish my pack. And if I ever release it, you will be credited for the inspiration :)
Thank you for the message :) that's very good to read, believe! Seeing that people are likeing it, it's very good :)

Probably you'll have to do some magic :\ or just expand the base and reorganize your apiaries!
Is it okay to add Mekanism into this pack? I can use a Minetweaker script to add a simple recipe for Osmium.
Sure :) feel free to play around with other mods! For example, Buildcraft has some bees too! You can add them and play with them (maybe in the future it will be mandatory to play with them :p )

M

Minerproblem

I hit a few issues with dodgy alleles before- it actually came from my multifarm though it blamed the demonic bee.
Go to config→ forestry→ common, and find the genetics tab. There should be the option to clear invalid alleles.​
This'll allow you to open the world, and clear out the problem.
(my multifarm was spitting out forest drones until I voided the lot and rebuilt it)

Agghhhh thank you!!! Same problem, worked perfectly.

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019
(...) just expand the base and reorganize your apiaries!

I have a doubt about that: since all my bees have the traits of rocky ones, (no flowers nor biome), I just placed all the apiaries together. Is it possible that I made everything boring by getting such good genetic template?

Also, is there something that needs the kind of power a BigReactor can generate?

X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

No problem:

Method 1) Make yourself a Daybloom in Botania and let it burn out (Dead Bush). Use Shears to collect it, then drop it in a Mana Pool to get a Boreal Seed. This will spread Podzol over pre-placed dirt. (Digging up Podzol turns it back into dirt, so place carefully.)
Method 2) Make the PamsCraft Market and get a Spruce Tree (requires one emerald for the Market and three for the sapling.) Shear leaves and replant. Eight spruce leaf blocks around one dirt block gives you one Podzol.
Method 3) Build a Sludge Boiler. Also build a Harvester to generate sludge. This requires plastic, machine frames and other MFE complexity.

(EDIT - I still don't have the Alchemy Catalyst, which requires Blaze Rods and an Ender Pearl, but if you nab an Enderman or get all the way to the Winsome Bee, knock yourself out.)
Uh can't you get some Smouldering Bees? (Beware... the blazes it spawned burned my base down... so I raged and threw it off the island...) and the ender pearl, a quest gives like 8 for you to choose? If not, then work on the ender bees I guess.

jtmnf

Jul 29, 2019
I have a doubt about that: since all my bees have the traits of rocky ones, (no flowers nor biome), I just placed all the apiaries together. Is it possible that I made everything boring by getting such good genetic template?

Also, is there something that needs the kind of power a BigReactor can generate?
Yes, you can turn your game a lot boring with some traits!

EnderQuarry + DeepDark ;)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Uh can't you get some Smouldering Bees? (Beware... the blazes it spawned burned my base down... so I raged and threw it off the island...) and the ender pearl, a quest gives like 8 for you to choose? If not, then work on the ender bees I guess.

I worked my way through the Smouldering bees (doing Dante right now) by spending a lot of time standing in a large pool of water and pegging them from range. At one point I tried setting up a Snow Golem firing squad, but it was a one-sided battle - and the wrong side won. RIP.

My current project is setting up a Coward Box for when I fight the Wither. I'd rather not have it flying around my base and messing stuff up.

X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

I worked my way through the Smouldering bees (doing Dante right now) by spending a lot of time standing in a large pool of water and pegging them from range. At one point I tried setting up a Snow Golem firing squad, but it was a one-sided battle - and the wrong side won. RIP.

My current project is setting up a Coward Box for when I fight the Wither. I'd rather not have it flying around my base and messing stuff up.
Lol you made me ROFL. But still, blazes are annoying.... I just tossed my smouldering bees off the edge... Well the only 'solution' I think of is encase the apiary in water...

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
@xXx_Snivy_xXx The effect you can use the genetic imprinter to get rid of. Tropical bees and some others are highly aggressive. The gene trait effect:none will get rid of the negative effects. My gene batch is Flowers:Flowers, Average Area, Tolerant Flyer True, Ignore Day/Night True Fertility 4, Effect none, Shortest lifespan, fast worker (Still looking for fastest) Cave Dwelling False and a couple others I cant recall off the top of my head.
But those aggressive bees don't bother me any more. No need for the Wispy bees to make the suit either.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
JqtpsId.png

That's Reinforced Obsidian in a checkerboard pattern (base is a plus sign, top is a square minus two corners, because why waste it?). You can see the Soul Sand waiting for the Wither Skulls. I may lose part of the visible platform, but it's not getting near my main base area.

X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

@xXx_Snivy_xXx The effect you can use the genetic imprinter to get rid of. Tropical bees and some others are highly aggressive. The gene trait effect:none will get rid of the negative effects. My gene batch is Flowers:Flowers, Average Area, Tolerant Flyer True, Ignore Day/Night True Fertility 4, Effect none, Shortest lifespan, fast worker (Still looking for fastest) Cave Dwelling False and a couple others I cant recall off the top of my head.
But those aggressive bees don't bother me any more. No need for the Wispy bees to make the suit either.
Yeah I did that, but I screwed up and only imprinted a queen... so a few generations later... BAM blazes everywhere!

rivvest

Jul 29, 2019
As there isn't much end game content, I took it as an opportunity to explore the mods in the pack I hadn't dug into before (Thaumcraft, Deep Dark, EnderIO). Mostly with the goal of making myself as OP as possible. I had a fun time fighting taint in the Deep Dark, too.

I only ever have mobs spawn when my apiaries are near the edge of my platform (with available darkness). They were the worst when they spawn right off the edge of the platform.. shooting and then falling out of reach. :D Having my stations in a well-lit area seems to keep them from spawning.

That's Reinforced Obsidian in a checkerboard pattern (base is a plus sign, top is a square minus two corners, because why waste it?). You can see the Soul Sand waiting for the Wither Skulls. I may lose part of the visible platform, but it's not getting near my main base area.
I have an inverse coward box.. small room made of TC Warded Glass. I hop in and wail on him. :D
2015-12-29_23.10.50.png

X

xXx_Snivy_xXx

As there isn't much end game content, I took it as an opportunity to explore the mods in the pack I hadn't dug into before (Thaumcraft, Deep Dark, EnderIO). Mostly with the goal of making myself as OP as possible. I had a fun time fighting taint in the Deep Dark, too.

I only ever have mobs spawn when my apiaries are near the edge of my platform (with available darkness). They were the worst when they spawn right off the edge of the platform.. shooting and then falling out of reach. :D Having my stations in a well-lit area seems to keep them from spawning.

I have an inverse coward box.. small room made of TC Warded Glass. I hop in and wail on him. :D
Sadly blazes spawn at any light level I think... my base was fully lighted with glowstone

Nicolás Granelli

Jul 29, 2019

I already explored most of the mods in the pack. But reading the last few posts gave an idea: the bees that spawn mobs, do that even if I'm not around? A blaze farm based in bees could be really interesting.

Also, would you like to post a base review? from that shots it looks awesome.

EnderQuarry + DeepDark ;)

Why would I need that? I already have bees! :)

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I could think of a few end game quests. like Fill a deep storage with cobble OR a get a stack of 8x compressed cobble. (The latter is slightly over 2billion. ) I dont know if there is a way to make dirt. Is there? (yeah more than a barrel 64 stacks should be enough in most cases.. but can it be done? )

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Oh I could think of a few end game quests. like Fill a deep storage with cobble OR a get a stack of 8x compressed cobble. (The latter is slightly over 2billion. ) I dont know if there is a way to make dirt. Is there? (yeah more than a barrel 64 stacks should be enough in most cases.. but can it be done? )

The Ender Quarry will make dirt as it mines blocks, such as in the Nether or in the Deep Dark. One of my projects at the moment is to make a DSU for Honeycombs.

Also, just spotted that Blizzy bees have the Fastest trait.

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
The Ender Quarry will make dirt as it mines blocks, such as in the Nether or in the Deep Dark. One of my projects at the moment is to make a DSU for Honeycombs.

Also, just spotted that Blizzy bees have the Fastest trait.

The only problem with having the ender quarry and the dirt is you have to dig it back up again LOL but a TinkCon Excavator could handle that easily. Thanks for that one. Blizzy Bees Im guessing spawn Blizzes? Ive had one of those spawn on my platform out of the blue.. Freaked me out.. Sounded like someone was speaking Parseltongue at me.