1.7.10 HQM/Survival - hypovolemia - something bloody [Open Alpha]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
With just Thaumcraft alone, you actually don't get a lot of permanent warp. The nasty bit is usually caused by accumulating sticky warp, and that's removable with sanity soap at some percentage of chance.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
Could you be a little more specific?
I don't wanna get permanent warp and have to deal with it forever if it's that bad. :p
It can make the screen dark, make fog, have a really tough horde of mobs spawn, make you burn outside in the daytime like zombies and skeletons, and a lot of other things. Look at the Thaumcraft wiki page on warp for everything.

Reactions: Akio_Fukushima
M

Muffet

Yo mine is being super laggy, and I can't seem to figure out why. Any ideas?

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
In the Quest line "Second Chance" The quest's that ask for 10 tanks, it doesn't say what the contents of them need to be? I have tried Blood, and Sludge so far for the one I have unlocked, but they don't count. I was trying to figure it out by the color, but that is impossible.lol at least for me it is.

The quests have titles ... and theres only one green "essence" ;)

M

Muffet

Expanding on my earlier post, the game is so laggy it's unplayable. I really have no idea what's causing it, as I've turned render distance all the way down, and I've turned all of the graphical settings down to their lowest.

orehnje

Jul 29, 2019
Add Fastcraft 1.21. It worked for me like a charm.
On a second note, anyone know why hosting a Lan wont work? When my partner tries to join it tells him "A fatal error has occurred" and we cant join each others games lan period. Is this feature turned off on the pack for now?

Akio_Fukushima

Jul 29, 2019
Soo uh @Caithleen ?
I'm at the Thaumcraft part and I made a gold capped greatwood wand for a quest.
The only problem is that it wont accept it? Could it be something with the NBT? I looked in the NEI and there's two types of the same wand.
One has a capacity of 50 and the other with a capacity of 75. The one I crafted has the 75 capacity.

Akio_Fukushima

Jul 29, 2019
Expanding on my earlier post, the game is so laggy it's unplayable. I really have no idea what's causing it, as I've turned render distance all the way down, and I've turned all of the graphical settings down to their lowest.
This is a really good way to improve FPS for Hypovolemia and any other modpack :
1. Open your FTB launcher.
2. Click on options.
3. You can increase (or decrease) RAM maximum to your desire.
4. You're welcome

chugga_fan

Jul 29, 2019
Soo uh @Caithleen ?
The only problem is that it wont accept it? Could it be something with the NBT? I looked in the NEI and there's two types of the same wand.
One has a capacity of 50 and the other with a capacity of 75. The one I crafted has the 75 capacity.
how do you have a greatwood wand with 75 capacity? it is 50
With just Thaumcraft alone, you actually don't get a lot of permanent warp. The nasty bit is usually caused by accumulating sticky warp, and that's removable with sanity soap at some percentage of chance.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2
look, i need to clear up something about warp, warp effects go away after a little while (10-20 minutes) so warp is NEVER a problem, also, if anyone has any problems REMEMBER: REPORT ON THE GIT, it keeps track of bugs better than having to scan the forums for them

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
look, i need to clear up something about warp, warp effects go away after a little while (10-20 minutes) so warp is NEVER a problem, also, if anyone has any problems REMEMBER: REPORT ON THE GIT, it keeps track of bugs better than having to scan the forums for them
Warp doesn't go away if it is permanent, it depends on what you research. Using the cheat sheet definitely gives a lot of permanent warp.

M

Muffet

This is a really good way to improve FPS for Hypovolemia and any other modpack :
1. Open your FTB launcher.
2. Click on options.
3. You can increase (or decrease) RAM maximum to your desire.
4. You're welcome
I knew this, I maxed it after I noticed it was laggy the first time.

YakuzaTheKid

Jul 29, 2019
I'm about to start the mekanism stuff and just thinking is there any way other than blood to get power? I have my base near the ''sea'' and i can harvest it quite easily but it will be kinda boring to have to change the pump every time the zone where it acts gets empty .

chugga_fan

Jul 29, 2019
Warp doesn't go away if it is permanent, it depends on what you research. Using the cheat sheet definitely gives a lot of permanent warp.
The effects warp GIVES though does, as long as you don't gain more, i never said perma warp actually goes away, i said the effects that warp GIVES does, please don't misconstrue my statements like that next time

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
The effects warp GIVES though does, as long as you don't gain more, i never said perma warp actually goes away, i said the effects that warp GIVES does, please don't misconstrue my statements like that next time
Oh ok, sorry. So this post isn't entirely pointless, extra information for anyone that cares, there is also a way to ward warp, with purifying bath salts.

chugga_fan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm about to start the mekanism stuff and just thinking is there any way other than blood to get power? I have my base near the ''sea'' and i can harvest it quite easily but it will be kinda boring to have to change the pump every time the zone where it acts gets empty .
oops, sorry for late reply, currently, there's 3 other ways, aura nodes, essentia, and mana, all 4 ways currently give the same ammount of power, so you're out of luck

RehabOholic

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering how people are automating altar crafting? I thought after you got so far we would be able to make wood with a sawmill, or AE2 stuff with inscriber plates, etc.lol I have still yet to fully understand AE2 so compared to AE1 I have no idea how the auto crafting works. I have a simple storage AE going, but that's it. I mis the days of the Huge Auto/crafting from AE1:(

Does anyone know the process to make salt? I have read thou the forum and seen that there was something wrong, but no were on a fix. I was going to build the plant that make Brine, but I need to install Mek/Gens so I can complete the construction of it.

Last edited:

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019

The world generation is kinda bad/heavy since it changes alot. This also gives many players with low specs a kick while creating the world and joining the first time. Maybe fastcraft as suggested by others can help.

Soo uh @Caithleen ?

Ill have to look into that one. Such bugs are best reported on the git.

A single pumping area should last you quite a while, theres also the nether and endertanks, so feel free to behave like you did with lava in the past. Better endgame power creation is something still on the table ;)

I was wondering how people are automating altar crafting? I thought after you got so far we would be able to make wood with a sawmill, or AE2 stuff with inscriber plates, etc.lol I have still yet to fully understand AE2 so compared to AE1 I have no idea how the auto crafting works. I have a simple storage AE going, but that's it. I mis the days of the Huge Auto/crafting from AE1:(

Does anyone know the process to make salt? I have read thou the forum and seen that there was something wrong, but no were on a fix. I was going to build the plant that make Brine, but I need to install Mek/Gens so I can complete the construction of it.

At the start with a diviner for semi manual (stacks and blood requirement check). A bit later on I add translocator ones with filters for slab production e.g.. Endgame its altar manipulators and AE2.

SolarShrieking

Jul 29, 2019
So, um... Just wondering. Is there any real reason that the Convocation of the damned is Blacklisted, besides for the alternate Avaritia recipe?

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
The custom recipe currently is THE real reason ;)

Thoo im still waiting on feedback for that bugger :D

Status
Not open for further replies.