Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Any way to detect the LP storage of a Blood magic alter and output a redstone signal based on it?

Tried comparators, those seem to just detect the inventory slot.
Actually, a comparator on a Blood Altar with an orb in it will output a signal proportional to the amount of LP in your soul network, as a fraction of the maximum amount of LP that particular orb could put into your network. Quite handy for monitoring your LP, and turning off your mob farm when you don't need it to run.

You can detect the amount of LP in the altar itself using anything that can measure fluids. Buildcraft gates and SFM can both do it. Do note that the altar actually has three tanks (input buffer, output buffer, and the one you normally see.) Gates and whatnot will only ever measure the contents of the normally-visible tank, even though they pull from the output buffer and push to the input buffer.

Reactions: rhn

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Any way to detect the LP storage of a Blood magic alter and output a redstone signal based on it?

Tried comparators, those seem to just detect the inventory slot.
Does it still do this with an orb?

I'd imagine if there was any intuitive way to do this, an orb is in the altar would give off a redstone signal based on the LP of the network

EDIT: Ninja'd

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Actually, a comparator on a Blood Altar with an orb in it will output a signal proportional to the amount of LP in your soul network, as a fraction of the maximum amount of LP that particular orb could put into your network. Quite handy for monitoring your LP, and turning off your mob farm when you don't need it to run.

You can detect the amount of LP in the altar itself using anything that can measure fluids. Buildcraft gates and SFM can both do it. Do note that the altar actually has three tanks (input buffer, output buffer, and the one you normally see.) Gates and whatnot will only ever measure the contents of the normally-visible tank, even though they pull from the output buffer and push to the input buffer.
Yeah it dawned on me that they were ofc just regular fluid tanks and could be read by anything that could normally handle those (a Nuclear control fluid sensor even works on it :p). Think I will just use BC gates to detect the different fill states.

The info on the comparators is handy. I was indeed testing the inventory bit with a filled blood orb, I just assumed it was registering the inventory slot getting filled. But I think I will just regulate the mob farms on the altars (that holds the orb) tank.

Niidikene

Jul 29, 2019
Hi :)
I want to Sprint with "Ctrl" button in Infinity modpack, but I can't find any settings to chance it.
Best Regards Niidikene :)

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Hi :)
I want to Sprint with "Ctrl" button in Infinity modpack, but I can't find any settings to chance it.
Best Regards Niidikene :)
It's in the options where all the other key binds are. Not sure what category but I know its there

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Niidikene

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Gonna start a new world on Infinity, and I'm wondering if there is a good video or page where I can understand the full capabilities of Computercraft. I mean, I know you can make turtles do stuff. But I don't understand how to use Computercraft with other mods.

Item organizion, Logistics Pipes interaction (possible? what can it do?), and the kitchen sink.

As I'm posting this, I'm searching youtube for showcases, but if anyone remembers anything from the top of their heads, I'd apreciate it.

Thanks

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Gonna start a new world on Infinity, and I'm wondering if there is a good video or page where I can understand the full capabilities of Computercraft. I mean, I know you can make turtles do stuff. But I don't understand how to use Computercraft with other mods.

Item organizion, Logistics Pipes interaction (possible? what can it do?), and the kitchen sink.

As I'm posting this, I'm searching youtube for showcases, but if anyone remembers anything from the top of their heads, I'd apreciate it.

Thanks
I believe it has a wiki/documentation, and direwolf20 has a spotlight (if slightly outdated)

Reactions: Ashendale

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
It's in the options where all the other key binds are. Not sure what category but I know its there

Isn't that "Options" then "Commands" on the start-up screen before loading a world, or "ESC" while in a world to get to the main menu?

Reactions: Niidikene

RedDragonGecko

Jul 29, 2019
Infinity Evolved expert mode || /spawn and /home commands feels very cheaty given the nature of the mod pack. Is this intended or an oversight?

Last edited:

Wicked223

Jul 29, 2019
I put 3 stacks of Lapis into the Tool forge with a manullyn broadsword and only got 27/450 in the tooltip. What gives?

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I put 3 stacks of Lapis into the Tool forge with a manullyn broadsword and only got 27/450 in the tooltip. What gives?
Maybe a desync issue? Try breaking and replacing the table. And make sure it didn't get sucked into another chest or something

Sent from my Barrel of Fun using Tapatalk

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Since when did mobs spawn on a floor made of double half-slabs? If I knew it wasn't gonna stop the mobs I prob wouldn't have spent the time and effort. sigh

Nevermind, I guess its one of the features of Infinity modpack's Expert mode.

Last edited:

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Pics might help us. You can only apply 2 lapis max at a time, I think; it just pulls one item from the top of a stack each time you take it out. But if you post pictures I can tell if that's the issue.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Pics might help us. You can only apply 2 lapis max at a time, I think; it just pulls one item from the top of a stack each time you take it out. But if you post pictures I can tell if that's the issue.
You can use blocks too, which saves a lot of time.

Sent from my Barrel of Fun using Tapatalk

Reactions: Type1Ninja