Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
RANDOM TIP OF THE DAY from a random aggravated minecrafter:

When starting a server, please try to use at least 1% of your brain when you choose a spot to settle down. Picking a "green swamplands" SLIME BIOME is NOT using 1% of your brain, it is using ZERO percent of it.

While the server operator and all other players have long since moved on, I'm still stuck with the consequences of the extremely poor decision made by those knuckleheads.

Yes, of course I realize I can move... but have you seen my base? Good lord. I swear, hearing those damn squishy sounds nonstop is gonna drive me to the insane asylum.

Carry on.

P.S. Whoever designed the Magnum Torch but decided that it wouldn't apply to slimes.... I got some choice words for you too, buddy. LOL
*cough cough narslimmus cough*

Also I believe that XU's sound muffler could help you out.

Reactions: erindalc

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
What is the Organic Glowstone Growth Block from Chisel?

Also, is there a way to grow Sugar Cane and Cactus faster?

Last edited:

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013

But then you don't hear the creeper hiss. Or so I found out next to my Munchdews...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

I use the ultimate muffler - I turn the Master Volume to OFF. lol But it's kinda weird playing the game with no sounds whatsoever. Same problem with an in-game muffler block, it doesn't just remove the slime sounds, it removes all sounds. So when you enter/exit the radius of the block, there's an abrupt change, and it's just all so un-natural and artificial. Not only that, the muffler block actually doesn't eliminate the sound, it just lowers it a lot. When you're as finely tuned to the sound of bouncing slimes atop your base as I am, you can hear them even if they're a whisper. I even hear the damn noise in my nightmares when I'm sleeping for real. LOL

The thing is, there's no flamethrower that I can just vaporize the stupid things instantly. Oh no. I have to go find the big dumb thing, turn it into 4 smaller dumber things, then turn each of those into 4 more things. Then I have to sit there and kill all 16 bouncing buffoons just to stop the sound!! And then I realize I still hear the sound, and have to go hunt down the other one... every 5 minutes, every time I play. Oh yeah, sound OFF. DONE. lol

This past week, I changed the grass over my base into stone - really made a nice project out of it and gave the top of my base a nice look. Did it help? Nope, not a bit, those damn things just keep on spawning, stone or grass, they don't care. Keep on bouncin'! LOL

Yeah, I know half-slabbing half the world would solve the problem for good. So would moving my base to another biome or dimension. Too much work. Volume OFF is much easier.

Last edited:

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
What do I use Railcraft for (the track part; I can figure some uses for the steam energy production and related things)? Transportation and fun? Or does it have some some uses like Steve's Carts?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
What do I use Railcraft for (the track part; I can figure some uses for the steam energy production and related things)? Transportation and fun? Or does it have some some uses like Steve's Carts?

Here is one example, altho if I recall, Chloe shows the buildings more than she shows the Railcraft network... but it'll give you the idea I suppose. Instead of Tesseract-ing that oil geyser back to your base, build a Railcraft line out to it and use the Liquid Loader/Unloader blocks to move it back to base. Or transport the coal from that mine by rail back to the processing building... So I guess I'd say Railcraft def has uses, however you need to be really into trains and "realism" because there are usually much easier and faster ways (like Tesseracts and Dimensional Transceivers) to do the same tasks.

Reactions: Ashendale

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
That vid makes me miss Zan's mini map so bad.... Nothing against Journey map, but I really preferred Zan's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rhn

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Also, is there a way to grow Sugar Cane and Cactus faster?

Most normal growth modifiers work, so ex utilities watering can, thaumcraft growth labs, green sigil, ect.

And sand does not make sugar cane grow faster (unless a mod is making it do that) no matter how much it is said it does.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Most normal growth modifiers work, so ex utilities watering can, thaumcraft growth labs, green sigil, ect.

And sand does not make sugar cane grow faster (unless a mod is making it do that) no matter how much it is said it does.
I can confirm that xisumavoid mythbusted this. :p gold49 is correct.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Do you make any other changes and are they persistent? The pertinent config file may have somehow become write protected.
The hats mod remembers if I select a new hat, whiles every other keybind has been successful in remapping, just the hats mod keybind that seems to be playing up. On that note, I haven't been able to find the keybind entry in the config file for it either.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
I use the ultimate muffler - I turn the Master Volume to OFF. lol But it's kinda weird playing the game with no sounds whatsoever. Same problem with an in-game muffler block, it doesn't just remove the slime sounds, it removes all sounds. So when you enter/exit the radius of the block, there's an abrupt change, and it's just all so un-natural and artificial. Not only that, the muffler block actually doesn't eliminate the sound, it just lowers it a lot. When you're as finely tuned to the sound of bouncing slimes atop your base as I am, you can hear them even if they're a whisper. I even hear the damn noise in my nightmares when I'm sleeping for real. LOL

The thing is, there's no flamethrower that I can just vaporize the stupid things instantly. Oh no. I have to go find the big dumb thing, turn it into 4 smaller dumber things, then turn each of those into 4 more things. Then I have to sit there and kill all 16 bouncing buffoons just to stop the sound!! And then I realize I still hear the sound, and have to go hunt down the other one... every 5 minutes, every time I play. Oh yeah, sound OFF. DONE. lol

This past week, I changed the grass over my base into stone - really made a nice project out of it and gave the top of my base a nice look. Did it help? Nope, not a bit, those damn things just keep on spawning, stone or grass, they don't care. Keep on bouncin'! LOL

Yeah, I know half-slabbing half the world would solve the problem for good. So would moving my base to another biome or dimension. Too much work. Volume OFF is much easier.
or you can change the slim hop sound effect file to silence

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Do you make any other changes and are they persistent? The pertinent config file may have somehow become write protected.

Its has to be a problem with the Hats mod. I just noticed that it didn't keep my setting either. I don't use the H key that often so I didn't noticed it wasn't retained. They need to move their key configuration to minecraft keyconfig screen to.

Wicked223

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes when I research items using the Research Table in EE3, they appear in my Tome with an EMC of 9, meaning they can't be alchemist with the condensers. Is that intentional?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Its has to be a problem with the Hats mod. I just noticed that it didn't keep my setting either. I don't use the H key that often so I didn't noticed it wasn't retained. They need to move their key configuration to minecraft keyconfig screen to.

Glad it isn't just me derping, shall open a issue on github (if they have one)

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Glad it isn't just me derping, shall open a issue on github (if they have one)
I think the mod might have been discontinued...? I would check iChun's blog (ichun.us) first. If the latest version of hats isn't 1.7.10 it's definitely discontinued; it might also be true if it's not for 1.8.

SamDiego

Jul 29, 2019
How to apply upgrades to a crafting module in logistics pipes? I know that you just right click a crafting pipe with a upgrade but the module I can't find a way to do it

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
How to apply upgrades to a crafting module in logistics pipes? I know that you just right click a crafting pipe with a upgrade but the module I can't find a way to do it
A module (any module) goes into a chassis pipe. A Crafting Logistics Pipe (or any other pipe that is not a Chassis) cannot take modules. But any pipe can take upgrades (to transfer energy, for example; but you need an item called the Upgrade Manager, I think, to insert/remove those upgrades).

The interest in using several crafting modules is so that you don't have a furnace for each recipe. You can have one furnace smelt up to 8 different types of items (chassis mk5 is required to house 8 modules).

Also, crafting pipes can always only have 1 recipe. The difference from mk1, mk2 and mk3 is the speed that it can craft items (on a logistics crafting table; on any machine it depends on the speed of the machine).

Edit: Logistics Pipes is not a mod for the faint of heart, as it is a bit hard to understand all the components available. But once you do, you can have an awesome logistics system in your base that rivals AE2. Most noticeable differences are:
  • you cannot have a compact crafting system: you need 1 block for each recipe
  • you can transfer energy and items on the same pipe to a machine, but you need certain components (do watch a guide to understand this better; energy cannot travel in curves without the aid of at least a basic pipe paired with a specific upgrade)
  • it feels awesome to actually see items and power transfer through the pipes
Edit 2: I re-read you post and realized the issue is different from what I answered. The upgrade of modules is not yet implemented, as far as I know. I don't think you can even craft a crafting cleanup module, which I would love to use on machines that have a chance at secondary outputs...

Last edited:

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I have a problem in Infinity Evolved. I have 33 farm I automated. Running them at the same time causes extreme lag. I figured out a way to make them run sequentially, but it requires a complicated set-up. Is there a device that can toggle a redstone signal sequentially wirelessly down the entire system?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I have a problem in Infinity Evolved. I have 33 farm I automated. Running them at the same time causes extreme lag. I figured out a way to make them run sequentially, but it requires a complicated set-up. Is there a device that can toggle a redstone signal sequentially wirelessly down the entire system?

Computer craft using wireless modems. Master computer would talk via the wireless modems to the slaves at each farm.