Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to turn the Draconic Evolution Mob Grinder to face downwards?

Also, I'm looking for a mod that can give me the ability to have colored beacon beams like in 1.8. Anyone know if this exists?

Also, is the Uncrafting Table from Twilight Forest disabled to not break down anything?

Uncrafting Table is bugged on Infinity, I think. I think Botania has some colored mini-beacons. But I also think you can put some colored glass in the way of the light beam to change its color.

Edit: I can't seem to change my beacon beam color using stained glass, but it says that is the way to do it on the Minecraft wiki...

Last edited:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Uncrafting Table is bugged on Infinity, I think. I think Botania has some colored mini-beacons. But I also think you can put some colored glass in the way of the light beam to change its color.

Edit: I can't seem to change my beacon beam color using stained glass, but it says that is the way to do it on the Minecraft wiki...
the beacon thing of colors changing is a 1.8 thing it came into being around 14w32a snapshot for 1.8

Reactions: Ashendale

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019

the beacon thing of colors changing is a 1.8 thing it came into being around 14w32a snapshot for 1.8
Yes, that's for 1.8 and Infinity Evolved is 1.7.10. But I'll look up those mini-beacons. Thanks.
You can change the beacon colour in 1.7.10, if you have Chisel installed.

Do note that you have to chisel the beacon, you can't just put stained glass on top of it.

Reactions: Ashendale

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Can Thaumcraft node relay beams pass through blocks? Namely "transparent" blocks like glass and microblocks.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Can Thaumcraft node relay beams pass through blocks? Namely "transparent" blocks like glass and microblocks.
It depends on version, It used to be possible, but now they require direct line of sight. This did seem to count open areas of microblocks that last time i checked, but I have not tried glass or other full trasparent blocks.

Reactions: rhn

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
What was the solution again for Infinity Evolved not to spawn mushroom biomes everywhere. A search is turning up plenty of complaints but no remedy...
I remember reading it was fixed, but downloaded the recommended version yesterday and still getting beaucoup shroums!

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
What was the solution again for Infinity Evolved not to spawn mushroom biomes everywhere. A search is turning up plenty of complaints but no remedy...
I remember reading it was fixed, but downloaded the recommended version yesterday and still getting beaucoup shroums!
Use the biomes o plenty world type, or remove biomes o plenty (might cause issues in expert mode)

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Reactions: InThayne

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
No quick config change then? Dang- If I use BoP, I don't want to generate 100's of different biomes and I don't know which to remove (besides most of them lol). I might try and run without BoP...never had to do that before.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
No quick config change then? Dang- If I use BoP, I don't want to generate 100's of different biomes and I don't know which to remove (besides most of them lol). I might try and run without BoP...never had to do that before.
As far as I know from past experience, BoP isn't a requirement for infinity progression. You should also br able to install ATG or highlands or something similar without problems.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Playing the recommended Infinity pack (2.1.3), and the Hats mod won't remember my reassigned keybinding through relaunching the game, any idea how to make it remember the new key?

It defaults to H (my optimal strafe left key) and I'm wanting to move it onto the number pad

(Normal people it wouldn't be much of a problem, however the keybinds are designed around using the mouse with your right hand and keyboard with your left.. which due to ligament damage isn't possible for me, so I need to customise every keybind)

Bringing this up since it's still a problem and wasn't answered

SamDiego

Jul 29, 2019
About railcraft, is it viable to use multiple steam locomotives to make a bigger train? if so, is there a way to control all of them at once?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
About railcraft, is it viable to use multiple steam locomotives to make a bigger train? if so, is there a way to control all of them at once?
Think you would run into a world of derpiness with the cart links as it runs along. Much better to just have multiple trains running after each other with each their locomotive.

If you can do it, then I suppose you control them all the regular way: through tracks. There will be a delay between each locomotive gets the commands as they pass over the tracks, but that is probably the best you can do.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Yes, or at least it's the case for electric locomotives and I see no reason why it would be any different for the steam ones. In fact, that's really the only way to use locomotives with the energy carts- the update that added electric locomotives made the energy carts really heavy, with the consequence that any trains including them will travel very slowly unless you've got like four locomotives strung together.

As for controlling multiple locomotives without having to go to each one individually: As rhn said, the usual tracks will work just fine for this. Also, if you're riding in the train in an empty minecart, you might be able to control the locomotives using Railcraft's keybinds. Maybe. I haven't tested it because said keybinds always conflict with other things, so I turn them off.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure you must change that in the hats GUI screen. But I haven't had any problems changing it. I use "H" for hover mode with my jetpack.
I have been changing it in the GUI screen, but the thing is, when I restart the game, it's reset back to H and ignored that I changed it in the last game session

I can live with it, just changing it at the start of each game session, but it would be nicer if it worked how it was supposed to

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I have been changing it in the GUI screen, but the thing is, when I restart the game, it's reset back to H and ignored that I changed it in the last game session

I can live with it, just changing it at the start of each game session, but it would be nicer if it worked how it was supposed to

Do you make any other changes and are they persistent? The pertinent config file may have somehow become write protected.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
RANDOM TIP OF THE DAY from a random aggravated minecrafter:

When starting a server, please try to use at least 1% of your brain when you choose a spot to settle down. Picking a "green swamplands" SLIME BIOME is NOT using 1% of your brain, it is using ZERO percent of it.

While the server operator and all other players have long since moved on, I'm still stuck with the consequences of the extremely poor decision made by those knuckleheads.

Yes, of course I realize I can move... but have you seen my base? Good lord. I swear, hearing those damn squishy sounds nonstop is gonna drive me to the insane asylum.

Carry on.

P.S. Whoever designed the Magnum Torch but decided that it wouldn't apply to slimes.... I got some choice words for you too, buddy. LOL