Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Thank you very much for responding so far.

Sorry I don't understand much of what you're saying. The minecraft.jar you mean is the minecraft_server.1.7.10?
Also the forge would be the forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1558-1.7.10-universal?

Thank you in advance.
The archive you need to mess with is the equivalent of the minecraft.jar file executed by the various clientside launchers. The server version may not be called exactly that; I'm not familiar enough with it to know. But it will be a jar file; probably the only one that came with the server files.

Windoze Explorer has an annoying "feature" where it won't, by default, show file extensions. I strongly recommend disabling that if you're going to do anything nearly as advanced as messing with zip files. I do not know how to do this; it's one of the reasons why I avoid using that operating system whenever possible.

And yes, you will need to download the very same Forge jar file as you normally would when installing it manually in a vanilla client. Do not copy files from Forge's installer application (if it's an executable jar; I don't remember if they use jar or exe); that will break things.

MrsMeowys

Jul 29, 2019
What pack are you running? Did you try and put the Updated Forge into the minecraft/mods/1.7.10 folder?

Also, can't I make a powered spawner for the villager and mass spawn them?
I am doing my custom modpack in my dedicated server. I made it work like 3 months ago and never got that error before.
It's journeymap who's asking for forge.

The archive you need to mess with is the equivalent of the minecraft.jar file executed by the various clientside launchers. The server version may not be called exactly that; I'm not familiar enough with it to know. But it will be a jar file; probably the only one that came with the server files.

Windoze Explorer has an annoying "feature" where it won't, by default, show file extensions. I strongly recommend disabling that if you're going to do anything nearly as advanced as messing with zip files. I do not know how to do this; it's one of the reasons why I avoid using that operating system whenever possible.

And yes, you will need to download the very same Forge jar file as you normally would when installing it manually in a vanilla client. Do not copy files from Forge's installer application (if it's an executable jar; I don't remember if they use jar or exe); that will break things.
I did what you said with winrar, and still doesn't work.
The mods work fine in singleplayer, but when I transfer them to my dedicated server (using Kcauldon) doesn't work.
I'll try to do in a clean folder.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using Optifine and when I log into a world after starting Minecraft (any pack) if I already had the multi-core wolrd load option enabled from when I closed the game, the game will flicker, until I switch to default/smooth. If I move around a bit (load some chunks, change where I'm at) and then enable the multi-core option again, it works fine. Can this issue be solved in some way, or do I have to switch options everytime?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is it intended that the Flaxbeard "Steam jetpack" kills (almost) all forward momentum when you use it?
I installed the Thrusters in the Hip slot as well since it promises increased air movement speed, but it seems to change nothing...

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a bit bored of playing alone, but I can't dedicate myself to a schedule to play (rl stuff and all that). I wanted to play on a public server with other people, but since I'll be "irregular" I wonder how much of an issue that can be regarding playing with other people (quest/adventure modpacks such as AS2 and Departed).

I'm also having difficulty understanding how I protect my stuff from being stolen/griefed (I've read the Towny page, but a summary explanation would be much appreciated).

Thanks for any insigt.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I'm using Optifine and when I log into a world after starting Minecraft (any pack) if I already had the multi-core wolrd load option enabled from when I closed the game, the game will flicker, until I switch to default/smooth. If I move around a bit (load some chunks, change where I'm at) and then enable the multi-core option again, it works fine. Can this issue be solved in some way, or do I have to switch options everytime?

Disable Fast Rendering.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

To set file extension displays depends on the Windows version you're running... The process is mostly the same, however. IIRC, in XP you used to be able to right-click on a folder and select "Properties", uncheck the "Hide Known File Types" box, and then there was a button to "Copy options to all folders".

I'm not sure where the change occurred but at some point a File and/or Folder icon was added in Control Panel. In Win10 it's "File Explorer Options". The name of the Icon may change but the procedure's the same:

Click this Icon, select the "View" tab at the top and you'll see a list of check boxes labelled "Advanced Settings". You should see near the bottom of the first screen of that list (without touching the scrollbar) "Hide Extensions for Known File Types"... It'll be checked by default. Uncheck it. Exit out using the OK button on each window and you should see file extensions on all files that have them.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
-Redacted-

Figured it out. The Author of XU should really think about separating the ore tripling and crafting processes of the QED and make them 2 different machines: one the CAN be automate, and one that CAN'T.

Last edited:

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Playing the recommended Infinity pack (2.1.3), and the Hats mod won't remember my reassigned keybinding through relaunching the game, any idea how to make it stick?

It defaults to H (my optimal strafe left key) and I'm wanting to move it onto the number pad

(Normal people it wouldn't be much of a problem, however the keybinds are designed around using the mouse with your right hand and keyboard with your left.. which due to ligament damage isn't possible for me, so I need to customise every keybind)

Noiro

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know a mod that can altar the chestloot for chests in twilight forest? Chest loot mod doesn't seem to include them in the list. Or any of the other modded chest drops. Is there a way to modify these or are they locked out due to mods?