Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
In the Chroma dimension I cannot get the cyan or brown-colored structures to generate, or if they are generating the dimensional radar points to exactly (0,0) for both of them instead of their real coordinates. Fixed in v10, maybe?

Here's a question for the field:

Steadily progressing, currently building my repeater lines to get all 16 colors linked up to a casting complex. I do NOT have all 16 colors linked, however, I DO have the colors linked (Red/Black/Yellow) to perform the grounding ritual. Am I correct in assuming that I have to have all 16 colors linked up(starts a "network") to the casting complex, which triggers an achieve in the Lexicon, before the ritual table multiblock will work? (It's not currently working, all greyed out, even with a functional red/black/yellow repeater set up within range and tested as functional via battery charging.)
I might be remembering wrong, but try pylon-crafting something.

ReignOfMagic

Jul 29, 2019

Any time frame on when V10 will release? I have 12 of the 16 cores, and can't get the rest due to the Elemental Sonar Pinging back 0,0 as well. Regardless of this. All I have to say is... those puzzles are.... bordering on evil. Good job! (3D maze, and the other Maze were by far the hardest/most luck based.

Chista

Jul 29, 2019
I think i might be doing something wrong when trying to infuse crystals:

Placed a pool of Chroma
Threw in Tahara Berries
Pool Returned 40 of 64 berries
Threw in Crystals
Pool returned uninfused crystals
Threw in Crystals
Turned off magnet ring
Waited 1 minute
Pool returned uninfused crystals

Not sure what i'm missing.

edit: repeated the experiment with such a timing i picked the crystals back up just seconds before they would despawn. Still nothing =(

Last edited:

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Ya need 24 berries per stack of shards, but you can only boost a stack at a time. Picking them up resets the timer, but it takes a long time to boost shards. I'm not 100% certain, but I don't think shards despawn, at least not in this context. Once boosted, they'll literally pop out of the pool and make a fairly audible sound.

Chista

Jul 29, 2019
Ya need 24 berries per stack of shards, but you can only boost a stack at a time. Picking them up resets the timer, but it takes a long time to boost shards. I'm not 100% certain, but I don't think shards despawn, at least not in this context. Once boosted, they'll literally pop out of the pool and make a fairly audible sound.

Ah, it's just my obscene fear of despawning that foils me then. Thank you

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to add Chromaticraft loot to chests it doesn't spawn in by default, like mod dungeons, or nether fortress chests? My biggest challenge so far is finding fragments: My achievement progress and thus unveiling of resources has far outstripped my knowledge of how to use it.

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
They do despawn if the chroma pools aren't dyed thoroughly enough. I've had a single berry jump out of the pool without me noticing because of slight client desync on a few occasions now, causing the loss of a stack of shards . Just make sure the pool is spewing off particle effects.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Certain mods (for example, Runic Dungeons) do allow you to config what their loot chests drop, so you might try seeing if mayhaps you can do that. If you can, you can do it manually and, as far as I've noticed, it doesn't cause any real problems other than ending up with a bunch of blank fragments due to lack of progression...which isn't so much a problem as it is a reason to break out a barrel, lol. Just make sure you weight it properly, otherwise you'll be getting fragments too easily, which can kinda spoil things a little.

Beta

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Reika would you make your tile accelerators into a separate mod as well?

And what's the most latest version of forestry that works with v9b? Can't seem to find a working one.

Does v10 make the volume setting matter? it doesnt atm.

Last edited:

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Hey Reika would you make your tile accelerators into a separate mod as well?

And what's the most latest version of forestry that works with v9b? Can't seem to find a working one.

Does v10 make the volume setting matter? it doesnt atm.
On the first I'd be very doubtful.

On the second, the last 3.x forestry.

On the third I have no idea.

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
That can only be done on my end.
Huh, I'm surprised to hear that: I dropped Chromaticraft into a modpack it wasn't part of, Survival Industry, and another mod in the pack, the Fossils and Archeology mod, put its loot into ChC burrows.

Are nether fortresses, abandoned mines, etc specifically excluded from ChC loot? Are there varying rarities? I've yet to find a normal dungeon in my play, I've gotten all my fragments from desert temples and burrows.

Edit: And I think the End Portal citadel, though that was about a week ago so I can't say for sure.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Huh, I'm surprised to hear that: I dropped Chromaticraft into a modpack it wasn't part of, Survival Industry, and another mod in the pack, the Fossils and Archeology mod, put its loot into ChC burrows.

Are nether fortresses, abandoned mines, etc specifically excluded from ChC loot? Are there varying rarities? I've yet to find a normal dungeon in my play, I've gotten all my fragments from desert temples and burrows.

Edit: And I think the End Portal citadel, though that was about a week ago so I can't say for sure.
CC structures use the vanilla loot tables. Many mods have their own.

Beta

Jul 29, 2019
Any reply to my post reika? would I be allowed to use your code in making a standalone mod for the tile accelerators? probably textures and such too?