Share your progress on Infinity Evolved Expert Mode

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pixxlationn

Jul 29, 2019
This thread is mainly dedicated to showing your progress and talking about the new mode for Infinity Evolved: Expert.

In about 8 hours, this is my progress so far:
CJRxtIA.png

I've got a simple smeltery, 2 coke ovens, and 2 blast furnaces. Behind the chests, you can't see, but I just recently crafted a tool forge and forged a steel hammer. And there are lasers and assembly tables, some forestry machines, and an IC2 generator, and metal former/compressor.

Oh, yes, and please tell how long you've been playing.

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
Basic IC2 machines, Basic TE machines, some upgraded to reasonate. Only enderIO machine is alloy smelter. Got entry requirements done for all magic mods but blood magic. Everything powered by a single maxed out TE steam dynamo, and 9x water wheels (for some passive 24/7 power to keep up with those pesty machines that always drain power).

Enderium rapier fully upgraded, Enderium Cleaver with 100% chance to behead, Signalum Bow with auto-repair Enderium Arrows (1 shot the ender dragon), maxed out cobalt tools. Tier 3 Jetpack. Been using Iron armor because I can't find anything else to use? Any suggestions?

No automatic mining. Still don't even have a tree farm or anything setup, just been using coal I get manually to power the base.

33 hours. >_<

Psst. How did you make the blast furnaces 3 blocks high? I thought they were 4 blocks high. Also watch out for creepers... that's a dangerous base but sure saves time from mining out a early game cave.

Meibolite

Jul 29, 2019
My cohort and I spent our first 2 days on our server hunting down villages for agricraft seeds... we made a watering can before even making a coke oven. It was GLORIOUS. We now sell watering cans on the server for emeralds... no one else wants to do agricraft to grow the seeds, and we are farmers at heart, so it works :D Also have full 10/10/10 botania flowers :D. I'm now working on a rail system to take our base to the admin's base, as well as a rail system for transporting oil from the oil well approx. 1km from the base back. Tesseracts are for the weak lol.

Reactions: PierceSG

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
My cohort and I spent our first 2 days on our server hunting down villages for agricraft seeds... we made a watering can before even making a coke oven. It was GLORIOUS. We now sell watering cans on the server for emeralds... no one else wants to do agricraft to grow the seeds, and we are farmers at heart, so it works :D Also have full 10/10/10 botania flowers :D. I'm now working on a rail system to take our base to the admin's base, as well as a rail system for transporting oil from the oil well approx. 1km from the base back. Tesseracts are for the weak lol.

I don't know Agricraft, whats the basic path for getting 10/10/10 botania flowers? Is it like 10 botania flowers in 1? Seems like that'd be pretty dang good.. my endofflame farm just eats through the coal/charcoal.

Pixxlationn

Jul 29, 2019
Basic IC2 machines, Basic TE machines, some upgraded to reasonate. Only enderIO machine is alloy smelter. Got entry requirements done for all magic mods but blood magic. Everything powered by a single maxed out TE steam dynamo, and 9x water wheels (for some passive 24/7 power to keep up with those pesty machines that always drain power).

Enderium rapier fully upgraded, Enderium Cleaver with 100% chance to behead, Signalum Bow with auto-repair Enderium Arrows (1 shot the ender dragon), maxed out cobalt tools. Tier 3 Jetpack. Been using Iron armor because I can't find anything else to use? Any suggestions?

No automatic mining. Still don't even have a tree farm or anything setup, just been using coal I get manually to power the base.

33 hours. >_<

Psst. How did you make the blast furnaces 3 blocks high? I thought they were 4 blocks high. Also watch out for creepers... that's a dangerous base but sure saves time from mining out a early game cave.

You make a 3x3x3 cube of blast furnaces, then right click with the Engineer's Hammer.

Nice progress, by the way. And I'd recommend Dark Steel Armor from Ender IO, or Invar Armor from TF. Invar has pretty good armor stats for just some iron and ferrous, although Dark Armor may be a bit too much for you rn.

Am I... Am I doing this right?
4i2A2Y7.png

EDIT: Great. Just accidentally broke 3 of my IC2 machines using a hammer... Fml lmao.

Last edited:

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing a lot lately... I made my first resonate machine frame, requiring a massive 50 million RF to make. It took about 3 hours with 4 lasers going 100%. Couldn't make more lasers, or i'd risk draining my entire network.

I ended up making a nuclear reactor providing 100EU/t. Many of the higher end recipes require the byproducts of them. It feeds my RF machines too via immersive engineering cables to a redstone energy cell. Started working on a mass fab and stuff so I can start making iridium and hopefully get AE setup. The requirements to start AE is insane, like 12 iridium and tons of other stuff just to make a basic setup.

After that, Finally got a enderIO tree farm setup with a unbreakable tinker's axe in it. Self sustaining via a steam dynamo and redstone furnace. Powers no longer an issue. :)

My main problem now is just getting materials. I still haven't setup any automatic mining and i'm not sure what route to take. Even with a really good tinker's hammer, it's hard not to run out of materials when certain things require so many materials.

You make a 3x3x3 cube of blast furnaces, then right click with the Engineer's Hammer.

Nice progress, by the way. And I'd recommend Dark Steel Armor from Ender IO, or Invar Armor from TF. Invar has pretty good armor stats for just some iron and ferrous, although Dark Armor may be a bit too much for you rn.

Am I... Am I doing this right?
4i2A2Y7.png

EDIT: Great. Just accidentally broke 3 of my IC2 machines using a hammer... Fml lmao.

I did the same, been awhile since I played with IC2. I cheated them back in and deleted the broken frames, no regrets. Not exactly a fun mechanic.

You can connect 3 waterwheels to each other, so no that's not right. You want the water to be flowing from directly on top, then looping around the entire thing (undernearth it). You'd want to connect 3 of them up to a single dynamo. It still won't be much power, I made 9 of them and 3 dynamos and all it did was barely offset all my machines in idle. It's 100% passive early game power though. I think it's 90RF/t for 3 of them perfectly setup. I don't think I was seeing that so who knows if I did something wrong. No idea how to test it. Not sure what device he is using below:

https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/3bkvzx/immersive_engineering_numbers/

Last edited:

Pixxlationn

Jul 29, 2019
Been playing a lot lately... I made my first resonate machine frame, requiring a massive 50 million RF to make. It took about 3 hours with 4 lasers going 100%. Couldn't make more lasers, or i'd risk draining my entire network.

I ended up making a nuclear reactor providing 100EU/t. Many of the higher end recipes require the byproducts of them. It feeds my RF machines too via immersive engineering cables to a redstone energy cell. Started working on a mass fab and stuff so I can start making iridium and hopefully get AE setup. The requirements to start AE is insane, like 12 iridium and tons of other stuff just to make a basic setup.

After that, Finally got a enderIO tree farm setup with a unbreakable tinker's axe in it. Self sustaining via a steam dynamo and redstone furnace. Powers no longer an issue. :)

My main problem now is just getting materials. I still haven't setup any automatic mining and i'm not sure what route to take. Even with a really good tinker's hammer, it's hard not to run out of materials when certain things require so many materials.

I did the same, been awhile since I played with IC2. I cheated them back in and deleted the broken frames, no regrets. Not exactly a fun mechanic.

You can connect 3 waterwheels to each other, so no that's not right. You want the water to be flowing from directly on top, then looping around the entire thing (undernearth it). You'd want to connect 3 of them up to a single dynamo. It still won't be much power, I made 9 of them and 3 dynamos and all it did was barely offset all my machines in idle. It's 100% passive early game power though. I think it's 90RF/t for 3 of them perfectly setup. I don't think I was seeing that so who knows if I did something wrong. No idea how to test it. Not sure what device he is using below:

https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/3bkvzx/immersive_engineering_numbers/

Oh, thanks. I think I'm going to set up a couple improved windmills at y = 255, reading the post you gave me. I'll probably have 2 windmills + 1 kinetic dynamo just to start off with - hopefully 1 piece of coil would be enough to connect it to a buffer or something down to ground level.

What did you make the axe out of/put modifiers on it to make it unbreakable? That'd be useful to use in a farming station.

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, thanks. I think I'm going to set up a couple improved windmills at y = 255, reading the post you gave me. I'll probably have 2 windmills + 1 kinetic dynamo just to start off with - hopefully 1 piece of coil would be enough to connect it to a buffer or something down to ground level.

What did you make the axe out of/put modifiers on it to make it unbreakable? That'd be useful to use in a farming station.

The mattock is the only tinker weapon that the farming station accepts, but it can hoe and cut trees so it does everything. Make the thing out of paper, however use obsidian for the shovel or axe head (not both). It should have a base of Reinforced III with 5 modifiers. Add two more modifiers using gold/diamond, and throw 7 obsidian plates on it. This gets you reinforced X which will label it as "Unbreakable".

Alternatively, and much cheaper, make the entire thing out of magical wood (It only takes 2.5 magical wood), it will have 11 modifiers and just throw 10 obsidian plates on it.

I've found no early alternative in expert, all the autocrafters are very expensive, and stone axes/hoes will break within seconds.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMB78

Syrinori

Jul 29, 2019

Hey do you happen to have a link to a tutorial or something for the reactor? I'm gonna need one soon but they seem vastly different than they used to. (Cooling and stuff required?)

Krista1234

Jul 29, 2019
Have been playing many, many hours. Have basic IC2 machines, basic TE machines (the sawmill is great) and enough to make plastics sheets for MFR. Found four ender-lily seeds in a dungeon chest, they're cycling through a MFR planter/harvester setup, currently with 12 seeds and about 320 ender pearls stored up. Have all the things for thaumcraft to make an infusion altar, never really done thaumcraft so I'm kind of nervous about it. Tier 3 Blood magic altar. The last three days has been all about Bees and getting to gendustry. Currently have skystone and ferrous bees, just need four more mutations to get the infinity bee (18 mutations completed). Have collected enough resources to make an Alveary finally, so all the bee breeding has been done with standard apiaries and chocolate/soul frames.

Steve's carts 2 gives me a tree farm to make charcoal for the endoflames running my botania mana pools. Going to have to severely upgrade to start terrasteel production, since the alfheim portal is kind of insane in terrasteel needed to build it.

Have lettuce/soy bean/tomato wheat farms all with agricraft 10/10/10 seeds. It was running with Thaumcraft harvest golems and hopperhocks but the barrels are completely full and I haven't automated BLT production yet (was planned for gourymalis), too many things to do. There is a small pumpkin patch for generating seeds for seed oil for the bee stuff.

And I think that is about it. A real mix of magic/technology and bee progress.

Pixxlationn

Jul 29, 2019
Have been playing many, many hours. Have basic IC2 machines, basic TE machines (the sawmill is great) and enough to make plastics sheets for MFR. Found four ender-lily seeds in a dungeon chest, they're cycling through a MFR planter/harvester setup, currently with 12 seeds and about 320 ender pearls stored up. Have all the things for thaumcraft to make an infusion altar, never really done thaumcraft so I'm kind of nervous about it. Tier 3 Blood magic altar. The last three days has been all about Bees and getting to gendustry. Currently have skystone and ferrous bees, just need four more mutations to get the infinity bee (18 mutations completed). Have collected enough resources to make an Alveary finally, so all the bee breeding has been done with standard apiaries and chocolate/soul frames.

Steve's carts 2 gives me a tree farm to make charcoal for the endoflames running my botania mana pools. Going to have to severely upgrade to start terrasteel production, since the alfheim portal is kind of insane in terrasteel needed to build it.

Have lettuce/soy bean/tomato wheat farms all with agricraft 10/10/10 seeds. It was running with Thaumcraft harvest golems and hopperhocks but the barrels are completely full and I haven't automated BLT production yet (was planned for gourymalis), too many things to do. There is a small pumpkin patch for generating seeds for seed oil for the bee stuff.

That's pretty good progress. I'm going to have to get into agricraft more. What does the 10/10/10 mean? I saw it around a lot, but I'm not sure.

And @Syrinori, here's a link to the IC2 forums touching on the new 5x5 reactor. Hopefully this helps : http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=10728

Reactions: Syrinori

Krista1234

Jul 29, 2019
Agricrandand uses three stats to describe seeds, growth, gain and strength. These have values between 1 and 10. Growth determines how fast the crop matures, gain determines how many products are produced per harvest (4 at 10 gain) and strength is the ability to resist weeds. So 10/10/10 just mean seeds that have been maxed out. You need to use a seed analyzer to see seed stats. It's a game that's fun for some to breed crops to maximum.

Reactions: JaRyCu

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
Hey do you happen to have a link to a tutorial or something for the reactor? I'm gonna need one soon but they seem vastly different than they used to. (Cooling and stuff required?)

100% safe if you set it up right, which is surprisingly easy, zero chance of explosion. First ever reactor for me. They only take 1 block of space for a basic setup. The only way it'd blow up is if you pull something out while it's running, so I didn't even bother setting up blast protection, just put it right in my building.

If you branch away from a "proven" setup, I recommend building it far from your base or with blast protection.

http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=8966

I used:

Beginner Reactor 3:

• Eu/tick: 100
  • Efficiency: 3.33
  • Overall Efficiency 3.33
  • Cost: Iron 98, Copper 186, Tin 25, Gold 22
  • Running costs: 0 UU
  • Credits: Zombie

Wait MFR machines work with ender pearl seeds now? Do they work with essence berry bushes by any chance?

I waited until I had a enderIO farming station, now the pearls are flying in. I put an agricraft watering system above it, which almost seems unintended. It makes everything grow about 2-3x faster for mere wood and iron.

Last edited:

Krista1234

Jul 29, 2019
I believe the MFR harvester can be used with essence berry bushes, but I haven't had time to test it yet. And the MFR machine do indeed work with ender-lily seeds :D Especially nice when you have the agricraft sprinkler above them as you mentioned. In case anyone isn't aware dirt is terrible for growing ender lilies, end stone is better (and easy enough to manufacture with tinker's construct) and best of all is ender core. Using ender core to grow the seeds on just gives insane growth.

As an update note I know have the infinity bee and have made several gendustry machine, I forgot how much power they draw though. So my incredibly fragile power infrastructure is now being upgraded to generate bio-diesel for an IE diesel generator.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Agricrandand uses three stats to describe seeds, growth, gain and strength. These have values between 1 and 10. Growth determines how fast the crop matures, gain determines how many products are produced per harvest (4 at 10 gain) and strength is the ability to resist weeds. So 10/10/10 just mean seeds that have been maxed out. You need to use a seed analyzer to see seed stats. It's a game that's fun for some to breed crops to maximum.

So I tried to breed some wheat, all 1/1/1 after analyzing and using crop sticks I keep on getting weeds... weeds weeds and more weeds.... Any hints?

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
So I tried to breed some wheat, all 1/1/1 after analyzing and using crop sticks I keep on getting weeds... weeds weeds and more weeds.... Any hints?
Keep trying. It'll happen eventually.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Have not even started a world.

0 hours.
Aite, now I have actually been playing (Upgraded RAM from 4GB to 16GB <3)

Been playing for maybe 5 hours~~ and just now about to make my first diamantine tube thingamabob as soon as I craft a 2nd Hobbyist's steam engine to give it enough power :3