Now Listed - Banished V 1.4.0 [Magic][Cave world][HQM][Combat][Survival]

metalim

Jul 29, 2019
You only need 25 dark power and 3 diamonds to get the REPLACEMENT player focus.

You get your first player focus for free as part of a quest reward.
Well, one needs a replacement, when there's huge explosion test site in place where the base was, with player focus stored in chest. My point is: situations are possible in the modpack, when world reset is the only option.

Thanks for the tip about returns, totally forgot about them.

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
Well, one needs a replacement, when there's huge explosion test site in place where the base was, with player focus stored in chest. My point is: situations are possible in the modpack, when world reset is the only option.

Okay, yeah, that was something that probably the book might have been more explicit about. DON'T put that in a chest. Keep it with you at all times. You need it for constant turn-ins of kills for dark power, and those moments when you can't get back to base but you REALLY need wood (to make a new tool or whatever). It's soulbound, so if you die it stays with you. So yeah, it shouldn't have been in the chest but clearly you hadn't figured out enough of how Dark Power worked for that to be obvious. Go creative and give yourself one, I suppose.

There's a reason quite a lot of the early quest reward gear is soulbound. This is a modpack that will keep kicking you hard and looking for heavier boots to use, and until you've managed to make yourself some kind of a secure safe room, and then a safe base, and geared up a bit, you should be expecting to die...So you need soulbound gear.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
And I'm a bit grumpy about restarting a server every hour, or several times an hour as players crash it by using shift/click with EE3.

Tell @pahimar that, he will squash that bug and give you huge THANKSSSSSS, with extra long snakey SSSSS.

My first order of business was an obsidian chest. How did that explosion happen, anway? New horizon black hungry node?

Last edited:

w1nterdemon

Jul 29, 2019
Btw, use @ to address a specific person, it helps getting their attention.

Thank you ^^. @metalim I made that very same mistake and just restarted. After that point I never put anything soulbound in a chest unless it was a useless duplicate. It's worked beyond belief as I can do everything any time any where.

And woops :\ I crashed the server at one point. Made 32 stacks of obsidian... which will lead me to saying "yes ee3 makes banished brokenly easy >.<..." Mb man I ain't going to make it do that much math any more...

bassomarko

Jul 29, 2019
I've been trying to get to the Bedrock dimension from Thaumic Tinkerer. The portal apparently can't be made from the bedrock on the top of the map, so I spawned a piece at the bottom of the map below y=5, and I can make a portal there. However, entering it just takes me to the top of the same caveworld dimension I live in. Is the bedrock dimension supposed to not be available?

Also, is there any way to get to the Outerlands?

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
I've been trying to get to the Bedrock dimension from Thaumic Tinkerer. The portal apparently can't be made from the bedrock on the top of the map, so I spawned a piece at the bottom of the map below y=5, and I can make a portal there. However, entering it just takes me to the top of the same caveworld dimension I live in. Is the bedrock dimension supposed to not be available?

Also, is there any way to get to the Outerlands?

Im pretty sure @DrasticDemise made every Dimension, but the caveworld, unreachable. Personally, i wouldn't mind something different and more dangerous for endgame.

it is a known bug on his GitHub https://github.com/pahimar/Equivalent-Exchange-3/issues/998 and has been there for weeks so the wait continues

Eh, i just wanted to make an joke.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Leaving the caveworld is not possible. However, the outerlands bosses all have their own summoning method through the thaumcraft line.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
I like halloween. Not that i live in the USA, but that event gave me cacodemons in my base, yay.

Leaving the caveworld is not possible. However, the outerlands bosses all have their own summoning method through the thaumcraft line.

Can't we have something like the deep caveworld dimension, just with more rewards and more danger? Like monsters spawning all the time, completly ignoring light? And every zombie being an mining zombie? And monster spawners at every corner?

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Eyamaz is adding something to BNB2 so monsters spawn on slabs and other "don't spawn here" blocks. That could make things fun.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Eyamaz is adding something to BNB2 so monsters spawn on slabs and other "don't spawn here" blocks. That could make things fun.

Yes, I am extremely interested in what comes of the mod, but if it is a part of BnB tweaks I will be unable to use it.

Dzura

Jul 29, 2019
How do you guys deal with the mobs breaking into you bases I keep getting owned by the mining zombies eventually tunneling in and bringing creeper shock troops ... Especially teleporting/jumping creepers..."shudders"

Loenix

Jul 29, 2019
This is the modpack of luck...

I am using this modpack on a server in party with a friend...
Sometimes, I come and get 6 strong ennemies attacking me.
Some ennemies come through walls, some other dig...
There are too much different creepers... I hate the one who tp into my home and explode...

This modpack is not really party compliant:
- I can cheat with player focus items
- We got the reward twice (Quest are "easier" and we get more rewards \o/)
- I can't use turrets and golems, they are attacking my friend
- Snare is also entangling my friend (even if he is not close)

Events are not working, no more spawning mob or whatever.

The quest book is not really clear, some mods should be known before using this modpack or you won't know what to do...

But, this modpack is great and i really like it.

Some advises:
- Unlock magic light 2, this is easy and awesome (infinite torches)
- Put toches/magic lights all around your home, search caves and enlighten them.
- Unlock Snare, this is really powerful.
- Unlock Dig AOE and dig the world.
- Paye attention to nether biome, there is some special (powerful) mobs in it and some mobs spawn in lava, some others in the flames.
- Use recall if there is too much mobs :D

What to know with party:
- For quests, this is great. To defend your home... that's not.
- If all member of a party take the rewards, dark power bonuses and penalties are only counted once.

Last edited:

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
How do you guys deal with the mobs breaking into you bases I keep getting owned by the mining zombies eventually tunneling in and bringing creeper shock troops ... Especially teleporting/jumping creepers..."shudders"

(Cobble)Slabs. Prevents spawns, even on the 8th day. Also, digging up ASAP, until the monster spawns are lessened. At the beggining, use small corridors. Against Creepers, get the orange amulet from aura cascade. Makes you immune against explosions, (but not your base) just be careful that the fire started by them (all creepers) will spawn blaze-like enemies.

BTW, the golems are bugged. Future Patch will hopefully fix that.

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
And I'm a bit grumpy about restarting a server every hour, or several times an hour as players crash it by using shift/click with EE3.
Yeah that's understandable. A server wrapper with crash detection can help with that, my personal recommendation is mark2 but there are many others available. Doesn't address the issue directly but will improve your uptime and sanity.

Flabort

Jul 29, 2019
Where is the spawn room, to teleport a player joining me on my private server to the starting location?
I can't /tp them to my location because they are in the overworld on the surface because they didn't spawn in the right place.

Edit: Also, the enchantment ID for soulbound, because his questbook is not soulbound.

Last edited:

lolwutgamer

Jul 29, 2019
Where is the spawn room, to teleport a player joining me on my private server to the starting location?
I can't /tp them to my location because they are in the overworld on the surface because they didn't spawn in the right place.

Edit: Also, the enchantment ID for soulbound, because his questbook is not soulbound.

Can't you set a spawn point (/setspawn) somewhere in the cave world?

Zartanis

Jul 29, 2019
The very lastest Botania has changed all the passive generating flowers, after a real short time they die and turn into dead bushes, we are forced to become more creative, no more water towers!

No but lava towers are now a thing...

Zartanis

Jul 29, 2019
Alright. I made an account on this forum solely to ask if anyone has defeated the fire Guardian.

I have tried several tactics but his ability to regen just really outstrips my ability to deal dmg. I have seen a lot of tutorials but they all involve tinker's Construct OP weapons. I have gotten pretty far in all the quest lines except Thaumcraft (mostly because the 3rd or fourth quest reward did a beautiful job of screwing up the aspects for me) but I don't know of a way to handle this guy.

Any help would be lovely and I'll offer any advice that I can if you have questions.