Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
My complaint would be Hungry Nodes over the ocean. They are completely invisible during the day, slightly visible at night, assuming no TC Goggles. I just did all the TC in one modpack, then I started playing another modpack on a server with friends that same week. So obviously I'm not going to re-do all the TC research AGAIN at that point. This is one of my complaints about TC. The first time you do the research, it's awesome. But the fifth time? Or the tenth? Please. It gets old.

I guess I should petition my server-mates to turn off Hungry Nodes. Perhaps I can even save my gravestone from certain annihilation if I can convince them, and retrieve all my stuff and carry on like nothing ever happened. It's just a game, life goes on, but geez, it sure is a party-pooper game mechanic. LOL

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Like, I know that 99% of the people don't even know the configs exist, but you can reduce the effect of negative nodes. You're not even forced to use TC at all, you can just remove it.

Found it, thanks - unfortunately our server is advertised as "Hard Mode" so the default setting seems in-line with the philosophy, and I'm likely out of luck petitioning. But you never know, maybe they'll have a heart or something. LOL

http://thaumcraft-4.wikia.com/wiki/Configuration

"hard_mode_nodes" enables (by default) or disables the dire effects of hungry, tainted, or sinister (formerly called "dark") nodes.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

LuisAdeur

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway i can disable the making of steel dust from mekanism? i have railcraft installed and i think the creation of mekanism steel is OP i want the old making blast furnance waiting for the time etc. rather than jumping straight to Mekanism stuff. more grindy process or the world becomes simple and pointless

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway i can disable the making of steel dust from mekanism? i have railcraft installed and i think the creation of mekanism steel is OP i want the old making blast furnance waiting for the time etc. rather than jumping straight to Mekanism stuff. more grindy process or the world becomes simple and pointless

The mekanism configs may have something for disabling steel production, but if they do not have that option minetweaker can be used to remove the recipe.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
You know, there are Thaumcrafters out there lamenting their lack of luck at finding a Hungry node.

Well this is the "way of the world". Someone who has no interest in magic runs smack into TWO Hungry Nodes while boating on the ocean in the span of about 7 days of play. It boggles my mind to even begin to try and calculate what sort of odds it is... 200 billion to one? 800 trillion to one?

And then someone who is an avid magician and could use a Hungry Node can probably play a modpack for thousands of real-time hours and never find a single Hungry Node. That's exactly how our world works.

All I can tell you is that the Node ruined all my fun, I am not going to return to the modpack or the server unless I can retrieve my gravestone, and as of yet, there has been no response to my petition to turn off Hungry Nodes. I don't expect them to accomodate my wishes, so it is very likely goodbye and good riddance to that world, that server, those friends, and back to my SSP Gregtech world instead. Call me a wimp, call me a wuss, call me whatever you wish... and I will forever call the Thaumcraft mod the GREAT FUN KILLER. lol

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
At least in the future if you ever happen to play in a pack with Hungry Nodes enabled you will know which precautions to take. Its just a few simple steps to avoid an embarrassing death.

Wicked223

Jul 29, 2019
i accidentally turned on Peaceful mode after I discovered an Outer Lands boss room, and now the boss is nowhere to be found. anyway I could cause him to respawn?

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
i accidentally turned on Peaceful mode after I discovered an Outer Lands boss room, and now the boss is nowhere to be found. anyway I could cause him to respawn?

There may be a spawn egg for the boss either in the creative tab or nei, and there is a possibility you can use commands to spawn the boss, but I am not familiar with this mod.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
im sure there is a spawn egg for the outerlands bosses , i know this becuase i spawned one of them directly in the overworld to see just how bad the 1 with enrage was when u used very strong weopons on that 1.

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Can Botania Mana be stored in a Railcraft Tank?

Alcheya covered you question, but I just want to point out if you ever need to transport mana long distance there is a mana cart that can be used to store mana and then transport it via rails (although mana tablets are quite a bit easier to work with in most setups for long-range mana transport, since they can be used with any item transport system extremely easily, unlike carts)

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
OK, so no tanks...and carts won't do in the base I have (several small floors dug into a mountain).

So now my question is: Can the Mana Spreaders be daisy chained (linked one Spreader to another) to transport Mana from my main Mana Processing Floor?

Last edited:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
OK, so no tanks...and carts won't do in the base I have (several small floors dug into a mountain).

So now my question is: Can the Mana Spreaders be daisy chained (linked one Spreader to another to transport Mana from my main Mana Processing Floor?
i remember hearing that normal daisy chaining (spreader to spreader) has a loss factor but u could still daisy chain u just need spreader to manapools to spreaders .. esctra
remember phantom lenses can be useful and composite lenses can be made

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019

So now my question is: Can the Mana Spreaders be daisy chained (linked one Spreader to another) to transport Mana from my main Mana Processing Floor?

Dire made a clever teleport system at one time, so I know transport over distances is possible. But for shorter distances, sparks are the way to go.

Reactions: guiguilyon

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Can Sparks travel through stone?
Do note that Dominant Sparks will not pull from Recessive Sparks; only from unaugmented sparks on mana pools. You can use this to your advantage if you want to transport mana farther than (twice) the normal range of Dominant and Recessive sparks: On a Dominant pool at the maximum distance from your intermediate unaugmented pool, place a mana spreader aimed at a Recessive pool just a little farther away. That pool can then transfer mana to another unaugmented pool outside the range of the Dominant pool feeding the spreader, and so on and so forth. You can repeat this Recessive -> unaugmented -> Dominant -> spreader -> Recessive chain as many times as you need to.

Do note that the mana spreader is by far the slowest link in this chain, even if it is the top-tier spreader with the best available lens (i.e. Gaia spreader with a Potency lens). Also note that any spreader (Redstone-controlled or not) can only have one mana burst in the air at any time, so it will wait until the last burst hits something or evaporates before it can fire another one. As such, the fastest way to transfer mana from one pool to another is to have the spreader and pool as close together as possible, i.e. either directly adjacent (which causes the burst to go through the second pool and be absorbed on the far side) or with a 1-block gap in between. Due to this, the chain described above really only works if the Recessive -> unaugmented -> Dominant pools are as far as possible, since if the Recessive pool at the start of one chain segment is too close to the unaugment pool in the previous segment, it'll send mana backward.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Thanks for the info, guys. Will have to design a system to transport Mana to the Vin Flower for my Enderman Farm. Have a Powered Spawner and need to keep those shifty bastards penned in.