What cool little thing have you discovered today?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
I discovered this more than a few days ago but nerfing enderzoo in the configs really helps balance a modpack.
No unless you have a sadistic server owner who also added Mo' creatures and only enabled the hostile mobs. Or you like the extra challenge on Hard, Hard+ or Hardcore servers/maps.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
It is great for messing with just about ANY mob in a modpack. (Provided that you don't need to modify the AI. I'm still looking for that.)

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Jul 29, 2019
Now find me a way to search in my ME network for "Stone" and ONLY "Stone"

Tired of looking through hundreds of items or fiddle around with filters whenever I just need to find some smooth stone ;)
Why do you need to search smooth stone? It's always the first item

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I discovered this more than a few days ago but nerfing enderzoo in the configs really helps balance a modpack.

What nerfs do you speak of?

Oh, and anyone noticed on Infinity 1.10.1 a distinct lack of concussion creepers...?

Aetherpirate

Jul 29, 2019
The RC jetpack is awesome, once you give it wings, cooling fins, and strap a turbine on it. I was using a mekanism jetpack prior to this. The difference is like a bicycle vs. a rocket.

** discovered you can fly so high you see the moon, during day, and take damage. Wearing a galacticraft mask with oxygen gear prevents that**

Last edited:

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012

Oh, and anyone noticed on Infinity 1.10.1 a distinct lack of concussion creepers...?

I've noticed a huge lack of concussion creepers, and I'm on 1.11.2 - to say they're rarer than hen's teeth wouldn't be too much of a stretch! :D But they do occasionally spawn if you do enough caving! ;)

It's nowhere near the spawn level that was in the Direwolf20 modpack which I had been playing until Dire finished his series. I'm thankful for that at least, too many concussion creepers in one spot and you get teleported along with any mobs that happened to be nearby, usually creepers. I normally nerf concussion creeper spawns to my idea of sane levels anyway, because otherwise they're an annoyance that just slows down caving. The reason they were an annoyance was because it would teleport me multiple times because the concussion creepers brought along some of their friends, and I might end up far away from the cave I was originally caving in or get dumped into a lava filled ravine. While it might be a way to discover unexplored caves and ravines, I much prefer finishing one section of a cave before moving onto the next section.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Last edited:

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019

Mainly wither witches. Making sure they don't spawn with 3 cats. Making the cats weaker. And lowering the health of wither witches to 8 hearts. Those things screw you up early game. They run you over with a train. Reverse. And run you over again. They cause a huge problem until you get ranged combat which can take a while in certain packs that only allows TiCon. Especially one of my packs that only lets you make TiCon weaponry out of metals :> Even Satan was disgusted by me.

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
Ignited TnT blocks can be picked up and thrown with the Rod of the Shaded Mesa. Similarly, when you throw Nitro Creepers, they sometimes explode on contact.

Sent from my Z667T using Tapatalk

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I hope this helps someone else, all my worlds will have it from now on.

mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.removeAlloy(<liquid:redmetal.molten>);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.removeAlloy(<liquid:conductiveiron>);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.removeMelting(<minecraft:redstone_block>);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.removeMelting(<minecraft:redstone>);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<minecraft:redstone> * 1, <liquid:redstone> * 144, 160, <minecraft:redstone_block> * 4);
mods.tconstruct.Smeltery.addMelting(<minecraft:redstone_block> * 1, <liquid:redstone> * 1296, 575, <minecraft:redstone_block> * 1);

Signalum in a smeltery!

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, since when does Thermal Expansion have other Blaze-like mobs other than the Blizz? Namely Basalz and Blitz and possibly more.
Seems like their rods don't have much of a use yet

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
I think the Blitz makes liquifacted coal, or some earth elemental liquid. I haven't heard of the other one, but I think there's also some air elemental liquid, so it probably helps with that.

They've been in for at least a major version or two.

Reactions: erindalc

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Blitz give aerotheum and basalz gives petrotheum, if memory serves. I think they have secondary uses...think petrotheum destroys stone.

Also, this was a little while ago, but the ChromatiCraft altar can totally output to ME interfaces! I wonder if I could automate it, somehow...hm.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
85d1c7db20.png