Request Suggest mods for creation here

Everybody

Jul 29, 2019
What about a mod that allows you to transfer any kind of power over Any distance, I know there are tesseracts but they only transfer RF.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
What about a mod that allows you to transfer any kind of power over Any distance, I know there are tesseracts but they only transfer RF.
The most all-encompassing "tesseract-like" block I know of is the World Rift from Chromaticcraft. Any is kind of hard to do, as there are likely power systems that are less well known and/or don't have a good API to hook into.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Most of my suggestions tend to be expansions of existing concepts.
Today is much the same.

The "new" 1.9 boat was revealed, it can pick up entities like the minecart.

Lets make them MORE like minecarts.

Chest boats!

Furnace boats! (these would be powered rafts)

Take a hint from railcraft, workbench rafts, rafts with tanks(If buildcraft is detected) or energy cells (if IC2 is detected).

Reactions: glepet1962

glepet1962

Nov 15, 2012
Most of my suggestions tend to be expansions of existing concepts.
Today is much the same.

Chest boats!

Take a hint from railcraft, workbench rafts, rafts with tanks(If buildcraft is detected) or energy cells (if IC2 is detected).
I'll add more to this idea. How about bigger boats that can handle more than one person. The person that gets in first, or the person that crafted the boat is the one that controls it. How about fishing off the boat. Fish near the middle of a deep ocean area and you can catch a really large rare fish, or get pulled in by a whale or giant squid or other deep water monster.

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
I'll add more to this idea. How about bigger boats that can handle more than one person. The person that gets in first, or the person that crafted the boat is the one that controls it. How about fishing off the boat. Fish near the middle of a deep ocean area and you can catch a really large rare fish, or get pulled in by a whale or giant squid or other deep water monster.

Dispenser boat - load it up with fire charges/arrows and have naval battles!

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019

You want the mod called Archimedes Ships.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019

Chest boats!

I asked for a mod to make this back in the days of EATS roadways. You know, back when boats didn't break all the time?

I was told that, essentially, if I wanted that level of technology, I had to spend iron for a rail, it was imbalanced to have that much at just the wood tech level.

(And, I'd still love a chest boat, a powered furnace boat, and a boat that doesn't break, as well as easier EATS mechanics for 1.7.)

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
A mod to let me see in Lava.

Whether it's something for creative-mode players, or a helmet enchantment, or a potion, or just a gamerule or setting, anything.

It's the map makers. Think of the poor map makers. Please, won't someone think of the map makers?

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
A mod to let me see in Lava.

Whether it's something for creative-mode players, or a helmet enchantment, or a potion, or just a gamerule or setting, anything.

It's the map makers. Think of the poor map makers. Please, won't someone think of the map makers?

A mod that implements glass with an implicit see in darkness / water / lava / liquid visibility ability. So I can finally build that underwater base with fantastic underwater views. And a submerged in lava facility in the nether.

Reactions: Rubyheart

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that implements glass with an implicit see in darkness / water / lava / liquid visibility ability. So I can finally build that underwater base with fantastic underwater views. And a submerged in lava facility in the nether.
so clear liquids. get a texture pack.

artubi

Jul 29, 2019

There is already mod like that, its called FogNerf

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Dungeonkeepercraft.
Would have a demon portal multi block that signifies a dungeon.

Would have a wand that allows imps to spawn. Imps would claim floor tiles connected to a demon portal, strengthen (convert to bricks) walls adjacent to claimed floor, mine for minerals collect dropped entities.

Blocks would be added to designate the floors of rooms. Such as a treasure room that would store gold, diamonds and emeralds on heaps.

Well. You get the idea...

Reactions: arkwolf1995

fowltief

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of seeing in lava is there a mod that flips worlds. Overworld becomes neither and neither becomes Overworld. you need a portal to access.

Start as a demon swimming in water painful but lava Ok. Got to build your base in hell. Digging through the 7 layers to get enough materials to make the gate so you can corrupt overworld. Pig men are just men. And ghast are angels sent to protect men. Have to farm flesh and blood and other corrupted foods to eat until you can handle human food.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Lethosos and Tylor

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Fognerf does not actually let me see underwater. It removes the fog effect. I still need a potion of night vision.

Much better than vanilla, but it does leave a particle effect from the potion. It's equivalent to a respiration 3 helmet.

It's great for survival -- being able to see if you have a light source. Jack-o-lanterns around your island.

But for creative, it's still lacking.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Wanted: A mod to save the "queued block updates" when chunks are unloaded / world is saved.

Right now, when you close a world, and reload it, any queued updates seem to be lost.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I want some protection on the /time command.

Right now, there is /time add, and /time set.

I want /time sub (/time used to accept negative offsets).
I want /time get (to print out the current time value)
I want /time set to only advance the clock by default
And a /time set-admin to set the clock arbitrarily.

Intended use: Along with a seasons/time of year mod (Reasonable Realism) -- setting the time to day, or even back to the start of the current day, is reasonable; setting the time back to zero is a mistake and an old habit that will ruin worlds before I break myself of the habit.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I had a friend suggest a train mod. I feel like it would be a great way to travel between cities. Or automate a train for item transportation. This would be a great mod for friendly survival servers that could really change how you play. I mean collect all your swords and go town to town. Or pack up all your belongings and move towns. Plus a special coal train cart that can hold tons of coal for fuel for the train or to transport it. But it would specifically for coal and couldn't hold other items. Plus instead of pipes it would have giant transportable tanks which would be more realistic(and cheaper for long distance) than massive pipes. Except for the fuel cost. And the rails. And the tanker explosions. Wow. Maybe massive pipelines aren't a terrible idea...