Now Listed - Banished V 1.4.0 [Magic][Cave world][HQM][Combat][Survival]

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno about you guys, but i counter the 8th day with lots of slabs and stairs and long, tight corridors. Same corridors counter Ender Creepers for me, since they have no space to teleport to me. My base is in a huge chunk of rock where i slabbed everything, so no spawn there either. It helps that i avoid open space as the pest too.

Also, where do i find liquid etherium to start ars magica?

Maxbo

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno about you guys, but i counter the 8th day with lots of slabs and stairs and long, tight corridors. Same corridors counter Ender Creepers for me, since they have no space to teleport to me. My base is in a huge chunk of rock where i slabbed everything, so no spawn there either. It helps that i avoid open space as the pest too.

Also, where do i find liquid etherium to start ars magica?
You can find liquid etherium but it is too rare so a mod added a crafting recipe for it you will need water and a Vortex infuser

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Ah ok, thanks.

EDIT: So, i finally got enough string and thus woll together to get the sheep egg. Which promptly suffocated in a wall.

Last edited:
Reactions: Francis Baster

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Oops. I overlooked that when I read your post the first time. I don't know anything about the server, sadly. Didn't even realise there was an official server until you mentioned it.

I've got a bug to report. I'm always wearing a soulbound band of mana. Sometimes when I die, I get two bands of mana back. It doesn't always happen, but often enough to be exploitable for lots of mana. Looks like a cross-mod issue between Botania and whatever mod adds the soulbound enchantment, you should probably look into what's causing it, DrasticDemise. It doesn't happen with other soulbound baubles, even Botania ones.

That is...interesting. Unfortunately soul bound has a *lot* of issues that will hopefully be fixed in the next AM2 update, which should be released soon.

Arminius

Jul 29, 2019
Ah ok, thanks.

EDIT: So, i finally got enough string and thus woll together to get the sheep egg. Which promptly suffocated in a wall.
You can just farm fluffy puffs for string. The growth spells work on them. Still a shame about the sheep, but you don't absolutely need it.

EDIT: You get fluffy puffs by breaking long grass, which you can get by bonemealing regular grass.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
You can just farm fluffy puffs for string. The growth spells work on them. Still a shame about the sheep, but you don't absolutely need it.

EDIT: You get fluffy puffs by breaking long grass, which you can get by bonemealing regular grass.

I found that out once i wanted to start botania - bonemealing grass for flowers (Goddamn Spriggans, btw!). I decided i get my sheep back trough NEI since i got legit, after all. And even the fluffy puffs can't dye, or where else would i get all that dye? Botania Flowers? Probably. Still, i think it's a fair use of NEI. In any event, it will now life the rest of it's life in an obsidian box.

Also, the only way to get clay is the clayconia, right? Oh, and when does a day even start? Is it midnight or morning? I never really saw the effect of the 8th day since i made sure i'm protected on all sides with my great cobbleslab fortess.

Finally, where do i get mushrooms for earth rune crafting?

Arycelle

Jul 29, 2019
I found that out once i wanted to start botania - bonemealing grass for flowers (Goddamn Spriggans, btw!). I decided i get my sheep back trough NEI since i got legit, after all. And even the fluffy puffs can't dye, or where else would i get all that dye? Botania Flowers? Probably. Still, i think it's a fair use of NEI. In any event, it will now life the rest of it's life in an obsidian box.

Also, the only way to get clay is the clayconia, right? Oh, and when does a day even start? Is it midnight or morning? I never really saw the effect of the 8th day since i made sure i'm protected on all sides with my great cobbleslab fortess.

You can use growth 2 spell on grass to get silent gem's flower for dye, just need to be one level below the block to make it grow. Vespid can be found in jungle biome (you can use aura cascade spawner) and they drop propolis which can be turn to clay. Day start on morning and like you, I yet to be really challenge by the effect of 8th day since my base is suspended in the middle of a ravine. But you would know it's the 8th day if mobs spawn on any light level. As for mushroom i guess, look around for them, then just farm it.

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
Kudos, I am thoroughly enjoying this pack so far. You have found a great balance between challenge and reward, and I really enjoy the concept of progressing through combat and soulbound unlocks.

I have launched a server for those who wish to join me in playing the pack. It is based in Falkenstein, Germany, so great for anyone in the EU, however we also have reports of US players getting pings of around 130ms and good bandwidth. To test for yourself, ping us on the-beast-unleashed.com and run a bandwidth test here: the-beast-unleashed.com/speedtest. Anything over 3/1 Mbps is a good result. This is hosted on a dedicated EX40-SSD server, along with our TPPI2 server.

There will be no donator ranks on this server, so don't worry about any pay-to-win shenanigans.

• PVP is disabled
  • Minecraft difficulty is hard
  • Hardcore mode is disabled
  • There are no plugins, so game will behave similar to single player
  • Check our MOTD (server message on the client multiplayer menu) for which version of the modpack to use. At time of writing it is v1.3.0.

Server IP is:
banished.the-beast-unleashed.com

SRV records don't seem to work for 100% of people so if the above sends you to the wrong server use the port directly instead:
the-beast-unleashed.com:25566

Last edited:

Arminius

Jul 29, 2019

There may be other ways to get clay than the clayconia, but personally I found it to be the easiest way to get clay. It doesn't use much mana at all. Oh wait, that's why you're asking about mushrooms, because you need mushrooms for the clayconia.
Finding mushrooms seems to be mostly about luck, but what I've noticed is that they tend to generate on surfaces that aren't grass. I've noticed them appearing more often on Mesa biomes with all that hardened clay everywhere.

I do tend to notice the 8th day, but it's usually just an annoyance where I have to clear out my base (unless there happens to be an ender creeper, which is more annoying because I have to possibly replace valuable stuff). Mob Inhibitors don't seem to do anything against the 8th day or those voice-over events like Raptor Rampage.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
You can use growth 2 spell on grass to get silent gem's flower for dye, just need to be one level below the block to make it grow. Vespid can be found in jungle biome (you can use aura cascade spawner) and they drop propolis which can be turn to clay. Day start on morning and like you, I yet to be really challenge by the effect of 8th day since my base is suspended in the middle of a ravine. But you would know it's the 8th day if mobs spawn on any light level. As for mushroom i guess, look around for them, then just farm it.

There may be other ways to get clay than the clayconia, but personally I found it to be the easiest way to get clay. It doesn't use much mana at all. Oh wait, that's why you're asking about mushrooms, because you need mushrooms for the clayconia.
Finding mushrooms seems to be mostly about luck, but what I've noticed is that they tend to generate on surfaces that aren't grass. I've noticed them appearing more often on Mesa biomes with all that hardened clay everywhere.

I do tend to notice the 8th day, but it's usually just an annoyance where I have to clear out my base (unless there happens to be an ender creeper, which is more annoying because I have to possibly replace valuable stuff). Mob Inhibitors don't seem to do anything against the 8th day or those voice-over events like Raptor Rampage.

Yeah, looks like it all hinges on that one mushroom... once i have one i can make clay and with that i can make the chalk for EE3, and then it's smooth sailing. <3
Thanks, you two. Oh and regarding those 8th days, i literally slab everything and im in an region with few caves, relativly high up (y81).

Finally, i counter Ender Creepers with Obsidian Chests and Sword Blocking.

EDIT: Oh, and Orange Protection Amulets make you flat out immune to explosions!

Last edited:

Maxbo

Jul 29, 2019
I need a little bit of help... I started with Equivalent Exchange 3(I LOVE IT) and now I need clay and I dont know where to find it.
So can anyone help me or is there a way to make it?

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
I need a little bit of help... I started with Equivalent Exchange 3(I LOVE IT) and now I need clay and I dont know where to find it.
So can anyone help me or is there a way to make it?

Well, i just made myself a Clayconia from Botania! Only the mushroom was a problem, but a zombie was so nice to bring me one!

Maxbo

Jul 29, 2019
Well, i just made myself a Clayconia from Botania! Only the mushroom was a problem, but a zombie was so nice to bring me one!
Thx now I know a way...but I wasnt planning on doing Botania I guess I have no other choice...

Maxbo

Jul 29, 2019
I got the clay now after 1hour...but it was totaly worth it seriosly I just made a fucking diamond out of....rotten Flesh...if you have Equivalent exchange 3(EE3) nothing can stop you then.
I think for this modpack it is a little bit too op.And another fail in the alchemy you arent able to transmutate Gold or Silver so that is a bit of a fail in EE3 because its based on Alchemy.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
I got the clay now after 1hour...but it was totaly worth it seriosly I just made a fucking diamond out of....rotten Flesh...if you have Equivalent exchange 3(EE3) nothing can stop you then.
I think for this modpack it is a little bit too op.And another fail in the alchemy you arent able to transmutate Gold or Silver so that is a bit of a fail in EE3 because its based on Alchemy.

Once you have it, it's yours! Forever... My only problem was finding netherrack and soulsand, but clever use of journey made that relativly easy too. I think it's ok for this modpack since you still have all the nasty enemies. And what do you mean? I can create Gold just fine, and silver isn't in the pack...

Maxbo

Jul 29, 2019
Once you have it, it's yours! Forever... My only problem was finding netherrack and soulsand, but clever use of journey made that relativly easy too. I think it's ok for this modpack since you still have all the nasty enemies. And what do you mean? I can create Gold just fine, and silver isn't in the pack...
I found a snow biome next to a nether...weird.
And with the gold is it so: In the Alchemy in games/films whatever is one rule at the alchemy:You can create a lot but not Gold and Silver.
In reallife it is the same you cant create Gold or Silver. If you want to create iron I think there will be a way. So that is a little bit fail with the mod but it is still WIP.

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
@Maxbo I ... see.

Hmmm, i guess there IS one thing i just CAN'T get my hands on - etheral essence! Does anyone know on how to spawn wisps?

Maxbo

Jul 29, 2019
@NoElement You know that you get ethereal essence by destroying nodes and you can just "buy" them with your dark power in the thaumcraft Tab of the quest book
OR you crystalise essentia

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
@NoElement You know that you get ethereal essence by destroying nodes and you can just "buy" them with your dark power in the thaumcraft Tab of the quest book
OR you crystalise essentia

*Facepalm* OF COURSE ! ow, that hurt me. I should have known that, using thaumcraft since it first came out. >_< I guess i focused more on other things lately.

Thanks.

TheElectricCake

Jul 29, 2019
And with the gold is it so: In the Alchemy in games/films whatever is one rule at the alchemy:You can create a lot but not Gold and Silver.
In reallife it is the same you cant create Gold or Silver. If you want to create iron I think there will be a way. So that is a little bit fail with the mod but it is still WIP.

I hope this isn't a shocking revelation, but in real life alchemy doesn't do anything at all. It was a mysticism-laden fore-runner of chemistry, and 99% of what early alchemists were attempting to achieve was about as real-life feasible as hatching dragon-eggs. Alchemical transmutation, the way the people who called themselves alchemists thought of it, didn't work in any way, shape or form. Movies and games aside, any actual back-in-the-day alchemist believed that it was possible to transmute gold and silver, they just needed to find the philosopher's stone (which also doesn't exist, but they all believed that it did). In the real world, you cannot transmute any element into any other element (watching particle-accelerator-generated transuranics decay doesn't count, and still isn't alchemical-style transmutation).

So if your big issue with a transmutation mod is that it does things you can't do in real life, well... :)

I don't want to ruin Minecraft for you, but just so you don't hurt yourself you probably should be made aware that you can't carry lava in buckets or carry 64-cubic meter stacks of solid rock in your hip pocket. XD

(Punching trees in real life is also not recommended. ;D )