Repairing/recycling monster armor drops

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

pulli23

Jul 29, 2019
Well in my modpack gold is a premium item (no nether). So I made a zombie farming system from which I can get the equipment.

This works decently well: however hand-combining golden equipment gets quite tiresome. So I'm wondering i there's a way to combine equipment automatically.

The crafter from ender io doesn't seem to like this: it's not recognized as a recipe or something? Then I tried the auto-anvil from openblocks: however quite often I get unrepairable (enchantment levels become to high) equipment in the system that way. Which means the system gets stuck.

Is there a crafting sytem that allows me to fully automate this?

The goal is of course to repair it: and then put the items in a magma crucible to get molten gold which I cast into ingots.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Thermal Expansion's Cyclic Assembler doesn't care about damage values. Nor does the Buildcraft Auto-Crafting table I believe. I think Tinker's Smeltery can be set up to give back some value depending on the damage value. I'm not sure how that's done though.

pulli23

Jul 29, 2019
hmm those aren't in my modpack it seems (buildcraft / railcraft / minefactory reloaded)

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Thermal Expansion is it's own mod now. AE2 can fuzzy craft. Got Twilight Forest? That can uncraft for exp, with the amount you get back changing depending on the damage to the item. It's one level per item in the original recipe. So 8 for gold armor, regardless of what can be recovered. Should work for enchanted items as well.

A modlist might help so we don't keep suggesting things you don't have.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Get a Pig struck by lightning and set up a Zombie Pigman farm instead? :p