Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere on this forum there's a thread with a list of all the "cheapest" items you can scan to get most of the aspects. I have that saved on my phone.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Scanning is the kind of tedium I'll put up with. Research points? Not so much

A while back I enjoyed a mod called thaumic expansion which had an RF powered auto-scanner type thing. But then the author updated it and it crashed my game whenever I would place the block. I havent tried it in quite a while, so maybe its been fixed.

Adagiovibe

Jul 29, 2019
Its been updated almost two months ago but funnily enough if you look on github there are still ongoing crash issues, and it seems to be for the exact same reason, by placing the block.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
It worked fine before, why fix what's not broken? Id still use the old one still but its incompatible with newer forge versions. :(

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Am I like the only tool here that thinks the reserch minigame is neat? I usually just nut out a few while I am waiting for something to process elsewhere.
While I know they are repetitive I don't actually feel that way.
But I can see how the research mechanic can be a chore. I just don't see it as a big time consuming one.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Am I like the only tool here that thinks the reserch minigame is neat? I usually just nut out a few while I am waiting for something to process elsewhere.
But I can see how the research mechanic can be a chore. I just don't see it as a big time consuming one.

I totally agree with you. I usually don't really focus on Thaumcraft, I just do it while I'm waiting for something else.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I adore the minigame. I hate the research points side of it. If it was just the minigame (perhaps with manual scanning to learn the aspects), that'd be tons of fun, but running out of research points is very much NOT fun for me.

Question for you then. Did you like the old mini game as well, or do you only like the new one?

dualinfinities

Jul 29, 2019
I think part of the issue is that almost everyone has the idea that rushing Thaumcraft is how it is done. Doing this over and over results in burnout. If there was a Venn diagram of people who "don't want to do research again" (this specific statement is key) and people who take it easy progressing through Thaumcraft, I'd wager diamonds to dirt the overlap is too small to see.

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019

I like it

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

Planetguy

Jul 29, 2019
Buckle up your butts kiddos, because it's story time with Auntie Lyra.
VVQbXdO.png

Once upon a time, (Earlier today)
I decided to work on LMT 1, since I had a lot of time on my hands.
My plan was to finally finish adding the new mobs I was working on, as well as add the guide to the mod, for in game documentation.
But sadly my plan was more foiled than a potato being baked , when I came to the realization that the actual folder containing the code, the textures, everything, was missing. It just kind of, evaporated or something. I looked on all of the files of my computer, to see where it was, but couldn't find it. Now, you are probably asking, "Couldn't you have just checked the Github?" Well my good chum, that's what I would do, if I actually put it on Github.
Where it has gone, I have no clue. But instead of giving up on the mod, I decided to rewrite the mod from scratch, thus Lyra's Magnificent Trinkets 2 is born.
This version of the mod, will have improved features, textures, game play, as well be on github, in case something like this happens again.
I was going to do a rewrite anyway, as a lot of the code was messy. This was just kind of a kick in the pants to do so. Don't worry, this isn't going to be the next XyCraft... I hope >.>

Decompile one of the released versions, and deobfuscate it with BON. It happened to my mod Gizmos, IIRC before I released it.

Reactions: dragon_fang101

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Buckle up your butts kiddos, because it's story time with Auntie Lyra.
VVQbXdO.png

Once upon a time, (Earlier today)
I decided to work on LMT 1, since I had a lot of time on my hands.
My plan was to finally finish adding the new mobs I was working on, as well as add the guide to the mod, for in game documentation.
But sadly my plan was more foiled than a potato being baked , when I came to the realization that the actual folder containing the code, the textures, everything, was missing. It just kind of, evaporated or something. I looked on all of the files of my computer, to see where it was, but couldn't find it. Now, you are probably asking, "Couldn't you have just checked the Github?" Well my good chum, that's what I would do, if I actually put it on Github.
Where it has gone, I have no clue. But instead of giving up on the mod, I decided to rewrite the mod from scratch, thus Lyra's Magnificent Trinkets 2 is born.
This version of the mod, will have improved features, textures, game play, as well be on github, in case something like this happens again.
I was going to do a rewrite anyway, as a lot of the code was messy. This was just kind of a kick in the pants to do so. Don't worry, this isn't going to be the next XyCraft... I hope >.>

This time put it on Git hub. Soryan.

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
hardcore ender expansion:
Changes
Not Enough Items integration no longer intercepts recipe/usage keys, only Compendium key

Bugfixes
Fixed Compendium not returning to previous screen (caused item loss in crafting table)
Fixed Music Discs crashing when used on a wrong tile entity
Fixed biome replacement to stop Anti ID Conflict from complaining
Fixed debug mode crashing on servers under certain circumstances

Grimore of gaia 3
  • Modified Flesh Lich model
  • Fixed Kobold spawning
    • It should now spawn during the day
    • Increased default spawn rate
  • Increased default spawn rate of Witch
  • Fixed mobs from spawning in The Outer Lands (Thaumcraft)
    • Mobs set to spawn in Roofed Forest biome is now more restricted
  • Updated Ender Dragon Girl and Ender Eye AI
  • Reduced Creep hit box
Refer to the changelog on the wiki for more information regarding current and past updates.
When you post an update, can you post the link as well?

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese