[1.7.10] Regrowth - A WIP HQM pack - Now Listed!

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, redstone systems. I'm having a hell of a time trying to automate a Dandelifeon (without using repeater-type setups). It's such an interesting flower.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
To test this "bug", could you also spawn in some goggles of revealing and show me the space they were drawn to?

My own testing.

These two are without goggles of revealing.
View attachment 23600 View attachment 23603

These two are with goggles of revealing.
View attachment 23606 View attachment 23608
That is a hungry node. I'd be careful around it - it'll suck in anything and it does hurt. Anything entering the hungry node will be damaged or destroyed to embiggen the node's bulk.

EDIT: Also a hungry node on water would not leave a crater due to the water's mechanics, be careful on those oceans, as hungry nodes are much harder to spot there,

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
That is a hungry node. I'd be careful around it - it'll suck in anything and it does hurt. Anything entering the hungry node will be damaged or destroyed to embiggen the node's bulk.
Yup Yup. I spawned in this hungry node as a control to compare against MakakPL's "bug".

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Noticed that myself a little after I posted. It def seems like a hungry node. As mentioned in my edit, hungry nodes above water are much more dangerous as they are harder to spot (especially without goggles of revealing). They don't leave their tell-tale crater after long enough. Although if you lucky you might spot the momentirly missing water block if you see the node eating that.

There are two surefire ways I know to tell if a node is a hungry one without needing goggles.

Firstly if there are any mobs floating in midair being damaged, that's a near enough guarnteed sign of a hungry node.
And second takes a bit more of a keen eye to spot. The hungry node will pull in nearby blocks, when it does so you can see particles coming fom the node to the block being eaten, akin to that of an infusion alter "eating" items.

Reactions: Kmad

Phil__M

Jul 29, 2019
These hobgoblins are beginning to get on my nerves. I've been trying to save up enough koboldite to create the coven witch spawn egg and its incredibly slow going. My first attempt with a rannuncarpus placing ore ended up smothering the poor thing. Hobgoblin 2 was doing a little better until I tried to trade with him and he somehow went hostile. My wolves came storming over and killed him, RIP little guy. Does anyone have a functional koboldite dust setup that I can set and forget for a while?

Fl3x

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone can tell me ( in a spoiler window maybe :) what do i need to do to unlock the witchery quest line? I'm pretty far into tech and magic, and genetics... not so much to do with at the moment. 2015-09-29_12.07.46.png

Oh and @Kmad : I solve my problem with agricarnations, i restarted my client :) They do a pretty good job at speeding up crops. Uses a very low amount of mana, and they stack.

I just saw the death count on my screenshot hahaha, what's up with that ,! :D

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I'm a bit at a loss here.

I'm playing the newst version 0.8.2 and to make the Witchery book Observations of an Immortal I need... Nether stars...

Since I can barely get out of my hobbit hole and I think I need Witchery to progress quite a lot in the quests, is there a quest reward that offers the book or am I looking at this wrong?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I'm a bit at a loss here.

I'm playing the newst version 0.8.2 and to make the Witchery book Observations of an Immortal I need... Nether stars...

Since I can barely get out of my hobbit hole and I think I need Witchery to progress quite a lot in the quests, is there a quest reward that offers the book or am I looking at this wrong?
That book is for the side quest line for vampirism, completely non-essential to progression.

Reactions: Ashendale

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
Yup Yup. I spawned in this hungry node as a control to compare against MakakPL's "bug".
So i am lost i have 2 hungry nodes in 2 spots i lost my life ... is this even possible to find 2 hungry nodes with 40 blocks between them ?

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019

To this i'll give you 3 words Magical Crop Seeds. Getting to 4th tier gives you 3 skulls and that unlocks wither seed to make wither essence which you can use to make skulls and the nether essence to make soul sand for wither boss easy as pie.

Anyone can tell me ( in a spoiler window maybe :) what do i need to do to unlock the witchery quest line? I'm pretty far into tech and magic, and genetics... not so much to do with at the moment.

Umm you should have the witchery thing unlocked since you need it to progress in 3rd tier of magic drops and starting in thaumcraft for greatwood sapling. I think your just missing the quest line or have you not made any mutandis? I also think making the easy books for witchery helps unlock but not sure. But my advice go through quests and see any that will end up having to need witchery to work or have you gotten the witchery seeds done? You need those and some nice supply of witchery wood sapling of all 3, Also make sure to have a nice supply of other saplings like oak, spruce, birch and jungle since you need to smelt in the witches oven, and finally make sure to have dragonstones on demand for the attune stones which are easy to make but pain to get if you haven't gotten the elf portal open.

Kmad

Jul 29, 2019
So i am lost i have 2 hungry nodes in 2 spots i lost my life ... is this even possible to find 2 hungry nodes with 40 blocks between them ?
Yup. I think I had a pair about 60 blocks apart in an old Magic Farm 2 world. Though I've been having trouble finding them at all in my Regrowth world. I've found more naturally spawned in eldritch obelisks than hungry nodes so far... and hungry nodes were what I was looking for! Go figure...

Fl3x

Jul 29, 2019
Umm you should have the witchery thing unlocked since you need it to progress in 3rd tier of magic drops and starting in thaumcraft for greatwood sapling. I think your just missing the quest line or have you not made any mutandis? I also think making the easy books for witchery helps unlock but not sure. But my advice go through quests and see any that will end up having to need witchery to work or have you gotten the witchery seeds done? You need those and some nice supply of witchery wood sapling of all 3, Also make sure to have a nice supply of other saplings like oak, spruce, birch and jungle since you need to smelt in the witches oven, and finally make sure to have dragonstones on demand for the attune stones which are easy to make but pain to get if you haven't gotten the elf portal open.

Ok thanks for the suggestions i'll look into that today. I've made some mutandis already and all the witchery seeds but i'm missing some saplings. I'll let you know !

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone can tell me ( in a spoiler window maybe :) what do i need to do to unlock the witchery quest line? I'm pretty far into tech and magic, and genetics... not so much to do with at the moment. View attachment 23611

Oh and @Kmad : I solve my problem with agricarnations, i restarted my client :) They do a pretty good job at speeding up crops. Uses a very low amount of mana, and they stack.

Looking at that screenshot, your Arcanist Rep isn't high enough to unlock the Witchery quests. If you can get it up two more points it will unlock. If you don't have any quests left to give you that rep I daresay your rep happened to get reset to 0 upon updating to 0.8.2, and as such, just choose the most recent arcanist giving quest you have available and uncomplete, recomplete and claim the reward for it using the edit command.

SeaWind5982

Jul 29, 2019
o_O i total forgot about rep haha but than again i don't really pay attention to it and just play the game. While i was a big way into my 8.0 world i remade it for 8.2 since i couldn't find a ocean that had ancient sand or that in almost 4k in all directions from my base so i started over.

Fl3x

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at that screenshot, your Arcanist Rep isn't high enough to unlock the Witchery quests. If you can get it up two more points it will unlock. If you don't have any quests left to give you that rep I daresay your rep happened to get reset to 0 upon updating to 0.8.2, and as such, just choose the most recent arcanist giving quest you have available and uncomplete, recomplete and claim the reward for it using the edit command.

Nice thanks ! I have some more quests in botania to do, i guess i was just impatient ^^

MakakPL

Jul 29, 2019
how to reset quest book ? my look like this is f... something :

ok its done shiny and new quest book :)

Last edited:

Rautt

Jul 29, 2019
Quests for Lapis Seeds & Essence Berry bugged.

Have the items, can't turn them in.

Have tried to throw them on the ground and picking them back up, restarting, cheating them in, nothing seems to work.

Version: 0.82

Update- After spawning in the cheat questbook, and shit-clicking the lapis quest, it's no longer able to be completed. I see 100% done on the item detection, but it doesn't say "complete" while mousing over the quest, and it can't be reset.

Video links, as if they're needed:

-Update- After cheating the lapis quest

Last edited:

Maxxgold

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone here actually answer technical questions or is this just for in-game related questions ?

I have a problem when using /help. It kicks me off the server. To re-create the issue you type /help and get kicked off the server. Sometimes it only kicks you off on /help 2
Regrowtheror.PNG

2nd. Can I use essentials or Groupmanager with Regrowth ?
3rd. Should I upgrade out of date addons or just leave them alone ?

If someone could take their precious time and help me out here I would appreciate it ?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Does anyone here actually answer technical questions or is this just for in-game related questions ?

I have a problem when using /help. It kicks me off the server. To re-create the issue you type /help and get kicked off the server. Sometimes it only kicks you off on /help 2
View attachment 23615

2nd. Can I use essentials or Groupmanager with Regrowth ?
3rd. Should I upgrade out of date addons or just leave them alone ?

If someone could take their precious time and help me out here I would appreciate it ?

With regard to your first question, you're probably better off asking in the Tech Support Forum.

Not sure on your second question, but someone else here might know.

For the third one, you're best off leaving the older addons as they are (I'm assuming you mean things like Botania that are inherent parts of Regrowth.)