Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Quick Question regarding the lumen Tree.

I have finally built mine and for whatever reason my crystal network now deems it to be the source of all the power in the network, at least from what the repeaters are telling me.

Essentially when I form the lumen tree it gets one burst of energy then all the repeaters/multi-repeaters in the network decide to branch out from that. IE my 43 repeater away red pylon is no longer the source for the network. The Tree becomes the source (clicking a red repeater shows a distance of 1 for the one near the lumen tree). Am I doing something wrong or is this intended?
The tree has higher priority than pylons (as it keeps network links short, which is usually desirable).

Also the leaves will not get any bigger unless I drain from them
Leaves can only grow if the tree is full of that color and it is left for some time.

ReignOfMagic

Jul 29, 2019
The tree has higher priority than pylons (as it keeps network links short, which is usually desirable).

Oh. That is fantastic. I guess I'll move my lumen Tree back up to my casting temple then rather than right before all my Multi-Aura Repeaters leading to it at some point. It would be a fantastic way of getting a ton of crystal shards. Always be needing those Tahara shards!

Leaves can only grow if the tree is full of that color and it is left for some time.

Ok, that makes more sense than having to drain it! Thanks for the info.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Ooh, sounds good.

First remark: You actually ended it on the tonic this time! Yay! No need to gripe there.

Second: In the parts where only the melody drops out, there's periodic gaps in the sounds between notes, while the other notes are very smooth. I find it a little jarring. This is most noticeable around 6:00 to 6:30, although I also hear it at the beginning before the melody comes in. If you made the harmony parts completely legato all the way through, that'd fix it.

Third: The background gets a little repetitive by the time you add in the third voice at 2:30. If you changed up the background a bit sometime around 1:00 to 1:30, it'd help that a lot. You do vary the melody throughout the piece, which is good; the harmony could use just a little of the same treatment.

Fourth: What's with the four drum beats right at the beginning, right before the organ/pipes/whatnot kicks in?

Fifth: I like the keychanges at 4:05 and 6:25. Sounds cool!

Overall, not bad. I just listened through both of your background musics several times while studying some linear algebra.

Jacobbelveder

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble with my network, I'm building my casting temple & I've got 8 or so colours done, but some of the pylons don't seem to send anything consistently? I know they're connected, they've filled a storage crystal on top of my altar, but they now don't seem to send anything at all. it's not all of the pylons either, so no ideas what causes it? anyone else had a similar problem?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I'm having trouble with my network, I'm building my casting temple & I've got 8 or so colours done, but some of the pylons don't seem to send anything consistently? I know they're connected, they've filled a storage crystal on top of my altar, but they now don't seem to send anything at all. it's not all of the pylons either, so no ideas what causes it? anyone else had a similar problem?
They are probably empty. Go out and check.

Jacobbelveder

Jul 29, 2019
They are probably empty. Go out and check.
Ok, just double checked, it's not empty & it's never consistent which pylon won't send, sometimes it none, sometimes a few. I'm on SSP & I think it might have something to do with dimensional travel, when I first log in they all seem to work as expected, but travelling between dimension stops them working again, no idea why, chunk loading? I know pylons don't need chunk loading, but could that affect it?

ReignOfMagic

Jul 29, 2019
A couple quick questions Regarding the Thaumcraft/Chromaticraft Integration & one random one.

First how do you craft the crystal wand core and the various caps as I don't see any recipes (either in the book or in nei) for them even when I maxed out my chromaticraft research in a test world.
Second I saw that a while back that the aspect jars were not working and that you fixed them. Has anything changed since then? I ask because my infusion altar did not recognize the aspect jar as a source to pull from.
Third what is the radius for the Mineral Extractor, because dang that thing is amazing....

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
First how do you craft the crystal wand core and the various caps as I don't see any recipes (either in the book or in nei) for them even when I maxed out my chromaticraft research in a test world.
They are crafted the normal TC way.

Second I saw that a while back that the aspect jars were not working and that you fixed them. Has anything changed since then? I ask because my infusion altar did not recognize the aspect jar as a source to pull from.
...Crap...Anyone have ideas?

Third what is the radius for the Mineral Extractor, because dang that thing is amazing....
512x512.

Ok, just double checked, it's not empty & it's never consistent which pylon won't send, sometimes it none, sometimes a few. I'm on SSP & I think it might have something to do with dimensional travel, when I first log in they all seem to work as expected, but travelling between dimension stops them working again, no idea why, chunk loading? I know pylons don't need chunk loading, but could that affect it?

Has the world crashed recently? It sounds like you are describing a network save failure.

ReignOfMagic

Jul 29, 2019
They are crafted the normal TC way.
Alright, that makes the caps easy. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the crystal core is made from either cave crystal shards or an unbroken one. That or they or Iridescent crystals/power crystal. I'll see if I can find the correct item to use as the core.

...Crap...Anyone have ideas?
Put an issue up on the Thaumcraft github and ping its dev, as that is probably the best way to get into contact with them.
Offhand tho... It might be due to the nature of the jar (storing 64 types with large quantities of essentia). I say this, but I know Thaumic Energistics, and a few other thaumcraft mods essentially do the same thing. Mainly because the code looks right at least to me.

That is quite large.

Has the world crashed recently? It sounds like you are describing a network save failure.

I was having this issue consistently for a while. Either the pylons drained themselves, or something odd was happening, like a repeater being forgotten some-point down the line. What fixed it for me was a combination of re-placing the repeater blocks themselves and adding a ring of power crystals to the pylons themselves. Now I have 0 issues with the pylons, or the crystal network in general as far as I can tell.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I'm also having this issue with not being able to draw from the pylons consistently. It's not a repeater problem. I tested this by putting down an empty crystal charger close to a full pylon, being careful to retain line of sight to the node. Sometimes nothing happens - the charger doesn't start to rotate and no power is drawn - unless I leave the game and reload my world. I am unable to reproduce this consistently, but it may be connected to dimensional travel. My impression is that this happens most often after I have returned from another dimension.

Another observation: crystal repeaters usually don't work unless the repeater block is placed last. This is an issue if you replace runes - for instance single-element runes by multi-aura runes - in existing repeaters. This information should be in the lexicon.

I also concur with the opinion that the Mineral Extractor is awesome :)

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
So....I've given myself the bugged Attentive Listening fragment and regularly acquired the Painful Loss achievement...and I *STILL* do not progress to the next level, additional info fragments after the regeneration ritual come up blank.

/chromaresearch -3 says "can step to ENDGAME: false & true" and "missing research for PYLONCRAFT: []".

What *else* do I have to do? I have all listed achievements. Or is this still the result of the bug?

Edit:
Never mind, I found the reason. I had already done some pyloncrafting before, but apparently that didn't count because I didn't have the other endgame prerequisites, I had to pyloncraft another item. Now the endgame is open.

Last edited:

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
What do the ethereal door blocks do? So far, they look kinda like fancy-looking fences, but the fragment tells me naught.

[ETA]

Also, dunno if this is workable or not, but...I've always wanted platinum-based glows. Gold glows are incredibly crunk, but sometimes, one just needs to utterly and completely pimp out his base, ya know?

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
What do the ethereal door blocks do? So far, they look kinda like fancy-looking fences, but the fragment tells me naught.
They are doors. :p

Also, dunno if this is workable or not, but...I've always wanted platinum-based glows. Gold glows are incredibly crunk, but sometimes, one just needs to utterly and completely pimp out his base, ya know?
Not really possible. It would be mod-dependent due to the fact I have no platinum block, and because of the way glows work with regards to item metadata, changing mods in an instance would mean changing glow types or even crashes.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Bugger. Also, I'm gonna sound like a dunce, but how do they work? Tried right-clicking on 'em with things, stepping on an adjacent pressure plate, and they remained impassible. Prolly missing something obvious.

hubertnnn

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any cheat sheet for chromaticraft?
I am stuck at very beginning and don't know what I should do next:
So far I got following fragments:
- Crystals
- Casting Table
- Lief
- Elemental manipulator
- Fragments
All other fragments I found are blank. From what I understand I need to do those achievements from first tab of the book to unlock more.
So what I tried:
- "Energy beacons": I unlocked all names by looking at node things on top of each pylon. No success
- "Orbs of energy": I let the beacon kill me. No success.
- "Energy Internationalization": I tried to charge the Elemental manipulator by right clicking the node. No success. It didn't charge.
- "Fabrication": I crafted the casting table and placed in world. No success.
I also visited nether, end and twilight forest, and killed the ender dragon. Those achievements got unlocked, but no fragments from that, just new ores become visible.

So now I am out of ideas. What am I doing wrong. Did I misunderstood the achievements above? What should I do next to get any progression in the mod.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Is there any cheat sheet for chromaticraft?
I am stuck at very beginning and don't know what I should do next:
So far I got following fragments:
- Crystals
- Casting Table
- Lief
- Elemental manipulator
- Fragments
All other fragments I found are blank. From what I understand I need to do those achievements from first tab of the book to unlock more.
So what I tried:
- "Energy beacons": I unlocked all names by looking at node things on top of each pylon. No success
- "Orbs of energy": I let the beacon kill me. No success.
- "Energy Internationalization": I tried to charge the Elemental manipulator by right clicking the node. No success. It didn't charge.
- "Fabrication": I crafted the casting table and placed in world. No success.
I also visited nether, end and twilight forest, and killed the ender dragon. Those achievements got unlocked, but no fragments from that, just new ores become visible.

So now I am out of ideas. What am I doing wrong. Did I misunderstood the achievements above? What should I do next to get any progression in the mod.
Are you sure you don't have a fragment for *anything* you can craft with the casting table? Basic crafting should be the next step. I recall a few crafting recipes for simple things like the chroma collector or crystal lamps became available very early. Also, the manipulator *is* charged by pointing it at a pylon node and holding the RMB. Targeting is a little finicky though, so that may be the problem, and you must be somewhat close to the pylon, almost as close as to take damage. It is charging if the corresponding color section in the color wheel that comes up while you're holding the manipulator is filling up.

Also, navigating the lexicon is a little odd. The non-achievement info is all on one page, and you use the arrow keys to navigate on the page. Some people don't find out how to navigate the page without being told, oddly enough. I just find it inconvenient because it takes so much time to get to a recipe once the page has filled up.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Bugger. Also, I'm gonna sound like a dunce, but how do they work? Tried right-clicking on 'em with things, stepping on an adjacent pressure plate, and they remained impassible. Prolly missing something obvious.
You need a key. :p

I just find it inconvenient because it takes so much time to get to a recipe once the page has filled up.

Hold shift.