[CHALLENGE] (v4.3-ish 6/7/18) Refugee to Regent Kingdom Building Challenge

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

What do you think of the Serf to Supreme Challenge?

• City Construction Challenge was better!

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • It's okay, but there's definitely room for improvement

Votes: 35 27.1%
  • Give me my Electrics sooner!

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • I enjoy the slow introduction of mods.

Votes: 43 33.3%
  • I wish Element Animation would hurry up with the next episode.

Votes: 24 18.6%
  • I love it!

Votes: 51 39.5%

• Total voters

tooncool64

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure. I'm probably going to do it solo at first, and maybe in a month or two I will record it. Currently I don't have good recording software. If I do this challenge, I'm probably going to minetweak and modtweak a lot, basing it around the village itself. Also, I'll probably do the r2r challenge with it, maybe skipping dirt hovel. Who knows, maybe this could become a modpack lol.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure. I'm probably going to do it solo at first, and maybe in a month or two I will record it. Currently I don't have good recording software. If I do this challenge, I'm probably going to minetweak and modtweak a lot, basing it around the village itself. Also, I'll probably do the r2r challenge with it, maybe skipping dirt hovel. Who knows, maybe this could become a modpack lol.
Try using Open Broadcast Software. :)

tooncool64

Jul 29, 2019
Do you guys think I should post a separate thread with the villager mayor challenge? I am bursting with ideas on how different mods can be used with the challenge.

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Actually, it is more implementation. Allowing the furnace to be hotter than the friction heater would mean reducing the friction heater power did not make the furnace cool.

Aha. I can see that. Thanks for the answer!

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013
Do you guys think I should post a separate thread with the villager mayor challenge? I am bursting with ideas on how different mods can be used with the challenge.

Probably. No sense in continuing to muddle up this one.

For clarity, you'd probably want a separate one anyway.

Monarch_of_Gold

Jul 1, 2015
So I was logged out of the FTB forum for some reason and didn't get notified about any of this (which is one of the reasons I haven't been around here in a while).

Thanks for your feedback and support! I have 6 gigs of RAM and have allocated 5 to Minecraft which allows me to be able to run up to ~100 (according to forge's mod count) before I get considerable lag. There are some mods I avoid because they just put too much weight on my system like JourneyMap and Natura (not sure why natura puts so much weight on me but it does).

On to the PSA I've posted to the FCB and M-FCB forums:

Hey guys! Just wanted to pop over here to let you all know that episode four is going to take a nice long while before it comes out. Why?

I wound up getting so into what I was doing that I wound up recording for 2 HOURS.

A lot of this footage was running around completing a build and gathering resources for making our first spell (which are resources you can't really plan for) which are parts of the episode that will be either sped up or cut entirely, but plan for it to be at least an hour long.

Upon doing this, I decided to change my ideal episode length to a minimum of one hour so I can stop apologizing for super long episodes. It's just the way I end up doing things and I don't hear any complaints coming from you guys. I don't think.

Hopefully you guys will enjoy watching the episode as much as I did recording it. Can't say I'm gonna love spending up to 3+ hours editing that, though (when I edit I watch through the entire raw episode at normal speed and insert cuts and edits as I go along. Afterward, I usually watch it through at least twice to make sure nothing's messed up).

Thanks guys and hopefully I'll get the episode out before DragonCon. If I don't I'll see about editing it during the con and maybe getting it out to you guys by Tuesday.

Thanks again!

[EDIT] @Senseidragon, sorry about not being able to snag down a regular recording schedule yet. Unfortunately I live in a trailer park and we have a few people that like to stop by the house nearly every day (unexpectedly) and one of them is very loud. There are also things I have to take care of like finishing up my cosplay for DragonCon and doing things around the house. Hopefully when school starts (or rather, when I have access to my class which will be this coming Monday) I'll be able to come up with a decent schedule. I would like to try recording at some time during the week and then making it my main goal to have the episode uploaded on the following Sunday whenever that happens to occur. My life however never has followed a schedule and probably never will which makes doing things regularly very hard (I get thrown curve balls so often I almost know how to hit them back).

(also it doesn't help that I don't really get a whole lot of respect from my mom in terms of recording as she just sees it as a hobby)

[EDIT 2] Come to find out I spent ~40 minutes of the recording finishing the magic building so hopefully the episode will turn out to be no longer than ~45 minutes ish. YAY~!

Last edited:

tooncool64

Jul 29, 2019
So I was logged out of the FTB forum for some reason and didn't get notified about any of this (which is one of the reasons I haven't been around here in a while).

Thanks for your feedback and support! I have 6 gigs of RAM and have allocated 5 to Minecraft which allows me to be able to run up to ~100 (according to forge's mod count) before I get considerable lag. There are some mods I avoid because they just put too much weight on my system like JourneyMap and Natura (not sure why natura puts so much weight on me but it does).

On to the PSA I've posted to the FCB and M-FCB forums:

Thanks again!

[EDIT] @Senseidragon, sorry about not being able to snag down a regular recording schedule yet. Unfortunately I live in a trailer park and we have a few people that like to stop by the house nearly every day (unexpectedly) and one of them is very loud. There are also things I have to take care of like finishing up my cosplay for DragonCon and doing things around the house. Hopefully when school starts (or rather, when I have access to my class which will be this coming Monday) I'll be able to come up with a decent schedule. I would like to try recording at some time during the week and then making it my main goal to have the episode uploaded on the following Sunday whenever that happens to occur. My life however never has followed a schedule and probably never will which makes doing things regularly very hard (I get thrown curve balls so often I almost know how to hit them back).

(also it doesn't help that I don't really get a whole lot of respect from my mom in terms of recording as she just sees it as a hobby)

[EDIT 2] Come to find out I spent ~40 minutes of the recording finishing the magic building so hopefully the episode will turn out to be no longer than ~45 minutes ish. YAY~!
I wouldn't recommend you allocate more then 4 gigs to FTB. Any more than that, java's garbage collecter goes haywire and lags a ton.

Monarch_of_Gold

Jul 1, 2015
I've been fine with 5 and don't experience much lag unless I have a lot of mods in that do a ton of worldgen. I can, however, run BoP without much trouble.

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013

Senseidragon

May 26, 2013

I know it's slightly out of thread-order, but this also happened to me quite a few times. Regardless of whether I'm "watching" the thread or not, if there isn't any activity (by me) on the thread in a certain amount of time, the forums seem to silently just not send me updates about the thread anymore. Very annoying.

Monarch_of_Gold

Jul 1, 2015
It's just handier if they send me an email because I've set up my email on my tablet so whenever I get one I hear a ding. Then I can check the sender and if it's either the Minecraft Forums or the FTB forums I know to check them. Otherwise I assume nothing's going on and don't check.

wicked9090

Aug 30, 2015
Hey Peoples,

I have finally got the modpack working properly and am now about to start the challenge. Took me way too long, but oh well.

I am using the FTB Infinity modpack with the following mods added:
  • Mine & Blade Battle gear 2 - Unfortunately I can't seem to get it to work completely, the slots don't work right and I can't see them without being in backpack.. I believe due to Dual Hotbar mod.
  • Ars Magica 2
  • Abyssal Craft
  • Aether II
  • Ancient Warfare 2
  • Atum
  • Backpack
  • Calender Mod
  • Choco Craft
  • Chocolate Quest
  • Clockwork Phase
  • Companions Mod
  • Custom Chest Loot - Haven't used yet, but just in case
  • Deadly World
  • Dual Hot Bar
  • Dungeon Pack
  • Enchanting Plus
  • Galacticraft
  • Growthcraft
  • Magical Crops
  • Magical Crops Armoury
  • MFR Compat for Magical Crops
  • MoVillages
  • No More Recipe Conflict - needed for Thaumic Bases and Thaumic Infusion, but couldn't get Bases to work..
  • Reliquary
  • Rogue Like Dungeons
  • Tainted Magic
  • Technomancy
  • Thaumic Infusion
  • The Siege Mod
  • The Erebus
  • Vein Miner
  • Floating Ruins

There were more I wanted to add but couldn't get to work:
  • Archmagnus
  • Custom NPC's - really wish it worked
  • Essential Craft
  • Helpful Villagers
  • Millenaire - CArashes when I interact with Locked Chests... Otherwise works
  • Soul Shards TOW
  • Thaumic Bases
  • Witching Gadgets

If any of you have a mod that you think should be added/removed for whatever reason, feel free to let me know and why. I love having lots of options, especially seeing a lot of it will be restricted early on. Growthcraft is a mod I was introduced to by Mobius in one of his early R2R videos and I really love it, especially the fishtraps.

Last edited:

wicked9090

Aug 30, 2015
Wait. Those are all mods you just ADDED to the pack?! What kind of monster are you using?! O _ O

Yeah they sure are. Do you mean monster of a pack? Or monster of a computer? The pack now has around 230 mods in it. My computer is actually low end with parts that mainly came out about 2 years ago, or more.

My PC has:
CPU --- AMD FX-6350
RAM --- 8GB Dual-Channel DDR# @ 801MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard --- ASRock 980DE3/U3S3
GPU --- 2GB DDR3 ATI AMD Radeon R7 200 Series (Sapphire)

Reactions: Monarch_of_Gold