Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
hello

i am very new to the forum . i am looking for a modpack regardless of launcher that has the most mods and latest minecraft version or previous-just-before-latest version as of right now ?

thank you

I don't know about "the most" modpacks, but on FtB/Curse you can find packs like Direwolf20, Infinity and the new Forgecraft pack (a stable version of the server that a lot of developers stream from and use to test their newest mod versions). These all have over 160 mods and are considered "Kitchen sink packs", because that's the only thing not included. :D

They all run with Minecraft 1.7.10 because there are very few mods available for MC 1.8.x and likely not to be with MC 1.9 looming in the near future.

One thing about FtB developed packs is that they have permission from all the developers to use their mods so you don't have to worry about an angry dev demanding their mod being removed, and they go to great lengths to balance the mods to each other with configuration changes.

Anyone can throw 200+ mods into a pack but few can make them work well together... The packs created by FtB/Curse are updated frequently as bugs are found and fixed, too.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
These ... are considered "Kitchen sink packs", because that's the only thing not included. :D
Does that mean having Decocraft disallows a pack from being a kitchen sink pack? :p
Actually, I'm not sure if Decocraft has a kitchen sink, but I'm crossing my fingers that they do and making a request if they don't. ;)

aluminium

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know about "the most" modpacks, but on FtB/Curse you can find packs like Direwolf20, Infinity and the new Forgecraft pack (a stable version of the server that a lot of developers stream from and use to test their newest mod versions). These all have over 160 mods and are considered "Kitchen sink packs", because that's the only thing not included. :D

They all run with Minecraft 1.7.10 because there are very few mods available for MC 1.8.x and likely not to be with MC 1.9 looming in the near future.

One thing about FtB developed packs is that they have permission from all the developers to use their mods so you don't have to worry about an angry dev demanding their mod being removed, and they go to great lengths to balance the mods to each other with configuration changes.

Anyone can throw 200+ mods into a pack but few can make them work well together... The packs created by FtB/Curse are updated frequently as bugs are found and fixed, too.

thank you for your help.

i know there's a 1.7.10 modpack known as resonant rise that is said to have more than 200 mods but unfortunately i cannot find the pack code for it. there's a modpack in ftb known as monster that has many mods but unfortunately is not 1.7.10

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
This isn't really a problem since I've fixed it by making a cage with obsidian, but do witches somehow make creepers explode? I've made a well of suffering with a cursed earth spawner underneath. and I've just come back after playing to find multiple explosion holes in the structure. The only potions I've seen witches throw are regeneration potions (or heatlh potions, or whatever. I don't ever mess with vanilla potions enough to know which are which), but I don't think this affects creepers negatively. I believe that health potions hurt zombies and skeletons due to their undead nature, but creepers?

I don't know, but I'm curious lol.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
This isn't really a problem since I've fixed it by making a cage with obsidian, but do witches somehow make creepers explode? I've made a well of suffering with a cursed earth spawner underneath. and I've just come back after playing to find multiple explosion holes in the structure. The only potions I've seen witches throw are regeneration potions (or heatlh potions, or whatever. I don't ever mess with vanilla potions enough to know which are which), but I don't think this affects creepers negatively. I believe that health potions hurt zombies and skeletons due to their undead nature, but creepers?

A skelly could hit a creeper in the way of a witch that threw a healing/regen potion and Boom! goes the dynamite :D

Reactions: Knux897

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
Also, Enderminys are pretty notorious for blowing up creepers. They are aggressive toward creepers, and spawn under similar conditions.

I'm positive that they don't spawn from cursed earth though. Plus I have a magnum torch in the area, so they won't spawn that way either.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I'm positive that they don't spawn from cursed earth though. Plus I have a magnum torch in the area, so they won't spawn that way either.
Are you sure? The way Cursed Earth works is by amplifying normal spawns, that's how modded mobs will spawn in them. So unless Enderminies do some weird stuff with their spawning they should be capable of spawning there, I think it's possible to blacklist blocks from them spawning on them though so maybe that matters?

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019

I think it is the thaumic creeper that explodes, not sure. I have a theoretical solution - instead of a full cursed earth spawner, place 4 vanilla skeleton, spider, zombie spawners on a block each of cursed earth (making the rest of the floor stone so the cursed earth doesn't spread).

For those that are not aware - vanilla spawners can be moved on the higher level Dolly & cursed earth under a spawner allows spawner to operate without a player nearby.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: Nevermind, it seems to have returned, thank goodness.

I've checked the reddit FTB page every day for a few years... today it seems to have disappeared? Check and see for yourself, it's not loading. What happened to it? Did it get moved or renamed or deleted or what??

https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
hello

i am very new to the forum . i am looking for a modpack regardless of launcher that has the most mods and latest minecraft version or previous-just-before-latest version as of right now ?

thank you

As of right now, it is my opinion that Resonant Rise Mainline over on the AT Launcher is the modpack with the most mods in it... but since I haven't played every pack from every launcher, there might be others. Just off the top of my head, RR doesn't have Galacticraft mod in it, so there's certainly no modpack with ALL the mods... but Resonant Rise is pretty amazing with the mod selection list (there's a lot of optional mods you will probably want to click the checkbox to include in your world). The reason I went looking and chose RR for my current world is because it is one of the few packs with Metallurgy mod in it. This is MINEcraft and I'm sick of modpacks that have a bazillion mods in it but only give you 7 or 8 ores to mine (such as Direwolf's or Infinity).

Last edited:

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
This may not be a simple question (and I'm not even sure if I should be posting this here) but, using MCEdit, can I filter all biomes by ID? How? The option is redded out for me.

I played the 1.8.2 version and I made some Thaumic Horizons bugged biomes. I wanted to clear all of them out and reset them.

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
Does each individual section of Thaumcraft 4's Outer Lands guarantee a boss room? Because I swear I've gotten nothing but dead ends, but want to double check before opening another portal.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Something to note: Thaumic Horizons Pocket Plane biome ID is, I believe, 42 or something close. It is possible to just change out the blocks used in that biome in question with some other legal block, thanks to SquidUtils.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Ashendale

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Does each individual section of Thaumcraft 4's Outer Lands guarantee a boss room? Because I swear I've gotten nothing but dead ends, but want to double check before opening another portal.
I've never encountered one with no boss room. I've had one where i could have sworn i covered every part, but in fact had missed a fairly large portion of it, and it were hiding there. My advice, follow one side and one side only, you'll eventually visit every part of the maze.