Sacred Rubber Tree Ruined Server... HELP!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Rastavane

Jul 29, 2019
So, my friend and I grew this tree thinking it was going to be simple to chop down for some free wood.... yeah. Anyway we had no idea the magnitude of this tree, and its absolutely unreal. Anyway after our first genius idea, we HAD AN EVEN BETTER ONE. THATS RIGHT. WE LIT THIS DAMN THING ON FIRE. WORST. IDEA. EVER. IF YOU GROW ONE DO NOT DO THAT. I have a 2k$ custom built computer, and i have like -700041243 frames per second. Its unreal.

Heres the important part. Can someone take me step by step on how to change the Item Id for Minefactory reloaded on Rubber leaves and Rubber wood to AIR 0:0. I really need to know how to change these IDS so we can get our server back and continue playing. THANKS!

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
To change item id's, go into the instance directory (it has folders that are called mods, config, etc.) Open the config folder and find the Minefactory reloaded text document. Open that, and find where it says the wood/leaves and where it says the Id for them. Just change those numbers to 0 and save the file. When you relaunch MC the rubber things will be air. Revert it afterwards.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, whoever had the idea to put these "mega" trees into the game was clearly not thinking straight when they did so. Either that, or they enjoy seeing others in pain (sadistic). LOL

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Block IDs aren't a thing anymore (one of the things Mojang did in MC 1.7), so the MFR configs won't get you very far. Your best bet, if you can't even log into the server, would be to load up the world in MCEdit and clear out the tree, leaves, and all that way.

Either that or restore your server from a backup. If you don't have ArmoaBackup installed on the server, INSTALL IT NOW before anything like that happens again. That mod has saved me more times than anything else I can think of, except possibly MCEdit- and that's only because I've used MCEdit longer.

If you have neither a backup nor access to an MCEdit-able copy of your world save, you might be able to get the server functional by turning off fire ticks, then you could use one of CoFH Core's commands (I forget which one) to clear out the rubber wood and leaves. If you've got RotaryCraft, you could use its Bedrock Axe on the tree; this will not crash your server again (Reika specifically made it smarter than that a while back), but may cause a great deal of lag due to dropped items.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Lazurus Long

Jul 29, 2019
I feel for you,
I was playing Sky Factory 2, No cheats. Had a nice sized 2 layered Island going with a Tinker's Construct Smeltery, Automated Cobblestone Generator, Mob Spawner, Livestock Spawer, Farm and a Forrest area. My forest area was right in the middle of My Island . I did not plant one of these, I planted 4 of these things.
I figured I would get some type of sacred wood out of them.

NOT

OMG... my heart sank, the base of the trees took up my entire forrest area. But the Crown of the trees were Gigantic, beyond Gigantic!
Unbelievably Gigantic.

Soulution: I Downloaded MCEdit and proceeded to cut my Skyfactory Island out from under the tree.
I cut from the very lowest block level to about 25 blocks above my island took the whole base of the tree which was about 35 by 35 blocks and pasted it into a new Sky Factory 2 save that i deleted the initial starting tree and dirt block.
Then I opened my game and made 2 Diamond Axes and vein minered the heck out of the tree trunk.
Got raw rubber and rubber tree wood enough to build a Deathstar .
Well maybe not that much.
FYI everthing copied and pasted flawlessly.
Got to love MCEdit.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Never got a Sacred sapling since 1.7 was released, but I routinely plant the mega saplings I find without issue. Just a pain in the rear end cleaning up the mess after I chop it down, lol.

Lazurus Long

Jul 29, 2019
Never got a Sacred sapling since 1.7 was released, but I routinely plant the mega saplings I find without issue. Just a pain in the rear end cleaning up the mess after I chop it down, lol.
I have never seen a mega sapling...
Something else I need to look out for.

midgetassin

Jul 29, 2019
mc edit is your best bet just make sure you use back ups. If its not right near your bases reset the chunks and itll be gone

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
They can be chopped down easily with an MFR Harvester, if you have that in your modpack. With an upgrade or two.

mathchamp

Jul 29, 2019
They can be chopped down easily with an MFR Harvester, if you have that in your modpack. With an upgrade or two.
It will take some time though ;). And you'll probably want to chunkload the entire tree so it doesn't leave the unloaded parts behind.

And if you really want it gone, you can try an IC2 nuke or something as well. Although that might make even more lag :p.

I looked up the Mega rubber trees. They are much bigger than the standard ones, but still manageable, and much smaller than Pakratt's World Ship (the Sacred rubber tree has a half-kilometre diameter canopy).

Last edited:

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
i think cofh has a command that will destroy certain blocks. to afraid to try and use it though. every time i remember it is there i am in a world i want to keep. Though i am pretty sure if you leave the block field blank it won't delete every block I am not certain it won't. there might be other commands elsewhere. I don't really know.

Lazurus Long

Jul 29, 2019
Figures. .. got a mega today in a loot bag. It Wouldn't let me compost it so i used it as fuel in my furnace. No more big trees for me.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Right, I need to remember to warn my players about this....
I've gotten the mega before, and it took a few whacks with the TiC super axe to get it to fall.. and by fall I mean lag me like crazy until all the rubber/saplings/wood got gathered up or despawned.. I wouldn't want to hit a sacred...

Oh.. I've been here two years? Dear Gods... What have I done?

mathchamp

Jul 29, 2019
There's three now. The Mega, The Sacred, and a glowing sacred. The Mega is big, the non-glowing sacred is overkill, and the glowing one is useful for furnace fuel.

The question is whether to let it grow or not before burning it in your furnace. You can run your furnace a bit longer if you plant and grow it first. :rolleyes:

And there are four sizes: Regular, Mega, Sacred, and Pakratt's World Ship.

Here's a picture I found on the Internet:

That tiny tree on the left is a normal rubber tree.
The one right in the centre is a Mega - it's quite big but easily manageable.
The big one on the left is a regular Sacred. It looks a lot bigger than the Mega but the FoV distorts it a bit - the canopy is about twice the diameter of the Mega, and the trunk is much thicker. Again, really big but manageable with the right tools.
And then there's Pakratt's World Ship. It makes that regular Sacred look like the tiny normal rubber tree. It's manageable if you're good with MCEdit.

Last edited:

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019
The question is whether to let it grow or not before burning it in your furnace. You can run your furnace a bit longer if you plant and grow it first. :rolleyes:

No, the question is then "Do I burn the sapling for fuel or do I destroy my world?" :D

mathchamp

Jul 29, 2019
No, the question is then "Do I burn the sapling for fuel or do I destroy my world?" :D
I give you a new challenge. Start a new world. Obtain a Pakratt's World Ship before reaching The End. When you get to The End, before fighting the dragon, grow the tree.

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
I've included the fourth type of rubber tree, Packrats World Ship for comparisons. This generated naturally at world spawn at 0,0. For some reason the center is a chunk of normal gen and no tree. You could say Worst Spawn Ever.
2015-06-02_15.25.46.png