Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zormuche

Jul 29, 2019
oh so turtle.suck() puts the item in the selected slot? Good to know
I was trying to put the item in with hoppers and pipes

By the way is there a way to do it with hoppers and pipes?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
oh so turtle.suck() puts the item in the selected slot? Good to know
I was trying to put the item in with hoppers and pipes
turtle.suck() grabs an item from an inventory or from the ground in front of it. You can specify the max amount and you can use turtle.suckUp() or turtle.suckDown() to suck from an inventory above the turtle or below it.

Wenzington

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to stop BOP apple and persimmon trees spawning in Infinity 1.10.1 with BOP enabled?

Edit: or get them to be replaced by Harvestcraft variants?

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Okay hi everyone, I have a little question here

I'm having fun with turtles, but I want to give a turtle an item that will go in a specific slot
how can I do it?

I am no expert but to use an item in a slot is - turtle.select(x) - so selecting slot 16 would be turtle.select(16). As for placing items in a slot I imagine you include slot selection before your method of filling.

To be honest I have only used the slot selection to use an item, I made a wither maker and to get around the problem had the sand in slot 1, heads in 2 and a stone in 3 - 16 then filled by returning to a hopper after each wither build.

Hope this is of some help

Unit88

Jul 29, 2019
I couldn't find this anywhere: how fast are Tesseracts? Can they transfer anything at whatever speed it receives it? What about transferring power?

Unit88

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know, if it hasn't changed, they have no limit*. (Which make sense if we consider that they bind together two point in spacetime)
*they might have the technical 2^31-1 limit.
I was hoping for that. AlthoughI did have a problem I had two tesseracts next to each other one received and sent energy to the quarry while the other was set to receive energy only from my Big Reactors Turbine. I was working in my AE terminal and suddenly the power ran out, so I checked around to see what happened but the capacitor was fine and full and everything seemed OK apart from my ME system not getting enough power. I thought it might be the quarry because I exchange the hardened flux-ducts with the super-duper enderIO conduits so I turned off the tesseract that sent it the power and everything went back to normal. Then I decided to try skipping the tesseract that I disabled so I picked it up and changed the channel on the one next to my quarry to the same one I use with all my power needs, and now everything still works perfectly and my quarry is running great as well, so I have no idea what actually happened.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Tesseracts use an alternate dimension for all their power/item/fluid transporting, so they're not limited by the rules of our universe's reality. I don't know how KingLemming, RWTema and crew do it, but... true genius. :D

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Tesseracts use an alternate dimension for all their power/item/fluid transporting, so they're not limited by the rules of our universe's reality. I don't know how KingLemming, RWTema and crew do it, but... true genius. :D
I have a thought: if we hooked up one of those transport tubes Tema is making to a tesseract, do we go to the alternate dimension?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I have a thought: if we hooked up one of those transport tubes Tema is making to a tesseract, do we go to the alternate dimension?

Be the first to go there and you'll be as famous as Ellie was in the movie Contact!!! "Wanna take a ride?" :D

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
I just completed my first Taboo research in Thaumcraft. Should I be worried? And if not, what level of warp should I start worrying at?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
If you aren't just rushing the research and actually getting decent armor before getting too much of the warping stuff you should be fine. By decent I don't mean wooden armor either, I mean at least Iron-level armor. Thaumium Fortress is one of the most defensive armors there is, and you don't need too much warp to get that (but you do need to scan a certain kind of zombie).

Salamileg9

Jul 29, 2019
If you aren't just rushing the research and actually getting decent armor before getting too much of the warping stuff you should be fine. By decent I don't mean wooden armor either, I mean at least Iron-level armor. Thaumium Fortress is one of the most defensive armors there is, and you don't need too much warp to get that (but you do need to scan a certain kind of zombie).
Ah, I don't have to worry then. I've already done most of Botania, so I have a full set of Elementium armor as well as a Terra Blade.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I don't have to worry then. I've already done most of Botania, so I have a full set of Elementium armor as well as a Terra Blade.

As hinted at in the previous answer you actually need warp to do some things in thaumcraft. So providing you have decent armor (I actually found fully upped Dark Armor from EnderIO was great) you need not worry. The worst thing about the Knights that appear is the interruption, the annoying effect of sun whatever is the light and then there is the nuisance of the nausea. And you will be able to remove some warp later with soap and bath salts.

Hint. You will soon do research where you need a level of warp - make flesh golems until you have enough