Powered spawner power consumption question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dimebonix

Jul 29, 2019
DW20 1.7.10 FTB 1.4.7:

I have a powered spawner setup for blaze, doesn't seem to be getting much power and moving slow. I have a solar array that generates PLENTY of power and stores to MFSU's, tesseracts connected directly to MFSU sending power to another tesseract and running enhanced energy conduit from that to powered spawner. This information may be outdated but I'm finding that a baseline spawner needs a constant 160 rf/t and then a blaze spawner has a 5x multiplier, so 800rf/t, and at the baseline rate should spawn 6 mobs per minute. Seems like its spitting out maybe two, and the energy storage doesn't fill up at all, telling me its consuming more power than is being sent to it, and then if I stick an octadic capacitor in it forget it, practically stops, but I still should have more than enough power even then. As far as I'm aware tesseracts are no longer limited in power transmission, and the enhanced energy conduit carries 5120 rf/t, more than enough. I even tried sticking the tesseract directly next to the spawner and that changed nothing. Where am I being limited? Why is the spawner not getting the power it needs? Sorry if this ended up in the wrong section, thought it was better fit here than tech support.

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
How can you even power that spawner with EU Power? Thats not supposed to work
Screenshots?

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

Dimebonix

Jul 29, 2019
althought I don't know the exact characteristics in every situation, I know rf & eu will play together in many situations. I think it converts to 1 eu = 2 rf, and when using items like tesseracts it freely changes back and forth. In some cases I've had to use rednet cables to transfer between power types, but only when blocks wont connect to each other. But for all I know that may be my problem right there, but it doesn't seem to be causing any issue with other rf blocks. For example I'm running an ender quarry with speed 1 and it gets every bit of power it needs and coming from the same solar array, and that's about a 2000 rf/t draw.

Maybe I'll build an RF setup, just to test the theory. Whats the best setup to produce the most amount of RF?

What kinda screen shots would you like?

Dimebonix

Jul 29, 2019
The Spawner

2015-07-29_16.03.03.png

The Receiving Tesseract

2015-07-29_16.03.20.png

...and The Sending Tesseract Connected to MFSU

2015-07-29_16.09.50.png

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
MFSUs can't auto transfer power IIRC. There must be a cable between the two of them.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.7.10, does TE4 even supports EU transfer?

I do remember that even back in 1.4.7, the energy tesseracts in TE only send MJ.

Also, EIO is a RF-only mod. The only mod that I knows plays well with both RF and EU natively is probably only Mekanism.

Dimebonix

Jul 29, 2019
MFSUs can't auto transfer power IIRC. There must be a cable between the two of them.
You're looking at the sceenshot, and everything working off that tesseract is still getting power... I didn't think so either until I wanted to get rid of rednet cables due to faulty behavior and then I connected it up and it started drawing.

Anyway what is my solution here? build an RF power setup? What do you suggest for large amounts?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Easiest? Big Reactors. Get a passive cooled resctor running for 20k RF/t and run a MFR Laser Drill with coloured focus to get more Yellorium.

Then start building active cooled reactors to feed steam into Reactor Turbines. Each turbine can accept up to 2000 mB of steam per tick to generate up to 24k RF/t per turbine. An active cooled reactor have been reported to be able to supply enough steam for up to 16 turbines.

Not-so-easy ways includes TE4's dynamos with augments so they produce up to 640 RF/t for each dynamo.

Or Extra Utilities' x8/x64 generators. I've heard that the Nether Star generator generates RF in the million.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
So tesseracts can transport EU now?

This makes my current projects slightly less finicky

Pretty sure they can't and if it looks like they can something else is going on. The only mod(s) I know of - that are at all documented - in DW20 that will translate between EU and RF are MFR via its cables and Forestry's Electric Engine.

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure they can't and if it looks like they can something else is going on. The only mod(s) I know of - that are at all documented - in DW20 that will translate between EU and RF are MFR via its cables and Forestry's Electric Engine.
im fairly sure XU nodes can also to for the OP id try adding a power monitor to the conduit line to check how much power is flowing

dragonmaster0283

Jul 29, 2019
The rednet energy cables can convert EU to RF but I believe they have a limit of 1000rf/t on them. I use them on my Kinetic Wind Farm connecting to an ender io Capacitor to xfer off into my main power.

HeroWing2

Jul 29, 2019
Im pretty shure ender io machienes can convert EU into rf just Put a sag Mill next to some cables Fron ic2 with Power and look what happens But im pretty shure its True