[1.7.10]Hubris V1.6.1- HQM - 270+ Quests [Magic][Dungeons][Dimensions][Exploration] Ex-Listed!

Foxdemon

Jul 29, 2019
The EAR! Thank you!

Oddly though, the recipe for mirrored glass (quicksilver + glass) is either disabled, or I'm just derping even more. I've tried it with glass block, glass pane, and a quicksilver drop and a full blob of quicksilver.

Man, I hope it's not disabled. I really want some mirrors to go with my inferrnal furnace. It's kind of a bummer having to go down there for mah stuff.

Oh, and thanks to the good forumgoer who tipped me off onto the Belt of Flight. That thing is a little crazy OP, and I should feel dirty using it...but I'm having too much fun flying around to care. :)
Fck flying XD. I have my trusty ol enchanted broom, my nightmare horse and my meteorboots to get around. And as a little extra the sword of the zephyr

EDIt: u need to craft mirrored glass in the arcane worktable. I think it costs some vis.

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
...and that would be the sound of my forehead hitting my palm.

So many times.

Thanks. :)

Hm, I really think the Magic Mirror research has been disabled. I made mirrored glass, but I can't unlock Magic Mirrors. I've researched most of the core Thaumcraft, non-eldritch stuff now. Even outlier stuff like Research Duplication and Arcane Ear.

Usually I get those mirrors very early on.

Anyone else get this?

Last edited:

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
I've got 'em, no idea how though---Essentia Mirrors and Essentia Pumps (from Witchery Gadgets) are base-critical :)

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
Heh, I've never used any of that, but I do like mirrors for the Infernal Furnace. I build it under the base a ways, and it's a pain climbing down to do it by hand.

So there ARE Magic Mirrors. Argh...I wonder if you have to scan something in the environment to unlock it then. Something I haven't seen yet...

Edit - Yep. Scanned a nether portal block (the purple swirly thing) and boom...research unlocked. Dagnabbit. :)

Last edited:

Alexander_mr

Jul 29, 2019
I love thaumcraft, but i noticed a slightly change and i haven't ben able to find a way to change it, i am missing the taint tentacle and the taint spores, i know it will make my game harder, but that's the way i know taint from other mod packs with thaumcraft, so anyone who could help me by telling me how i can enable them so they start spawning?

Patzos

Jul 29, 2019
Iirc thaumcraft mobs can be dis/en-abled from the thaumcraft.cfg in (ftb install folder)/Hubris/configs.

Also, anti builders and equal exchange focus is kinda cheaty combo. Iron transmutation for days!!!

Alexander_mr

Jul 29, 2019
i was inside the folder and checking and the tainted spores was set to true but not a single one has spawned in my world, only the tentacles wasn't set to true , but doing so changed nothing :/

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
i was inside the folder and checking and the tainted spores was set to true but not a single one has spawned in my world, only the tentacles wasn't set to true , but doing so changed nothing :/
I believe they were disabled using biome tweaker. But you really don't want to enable them til mid-late game because they would spawn every where.

EDIT: After looking through the biome tweaker JSON files they aren't completely disabled just incredibly rare. they have a spawn weight of 1 where a zombie has a weight of 2000.

Last edited:

Alexander_mr

Jul 29, 2019
hmm the spores has finally started spawning (in huge numbers) but i don't mind that, and i also found the JSON file but for some reason i can't open - it seems i don't have the right program to do so - any way you could help me solve that?
and i know they will be everywhere =), i have played every version of thaumcraft since mindcrack and up, only this has a few new changes i haven't played with before, but the huge taint infestation is nothing new to me and there for i was a bit sad then i figured they had "nerfed" the taint abit xD

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
hmm the spores has finally started spawning (in huge numbers) but i don't mind that, and i also found the JSON file but for some reason i can't open - it seems i don't have the right program to do so - any way you could help me solve that?
and i know they will be everywhere =), i have played every version of thaumcraft since mindcrack and up, only this has a few new changes i haven't played with before, but the huge taint infestation is nothing new to me and there for i was a bit sad then i figured they had "nerfed" the taint abit xD
To open the JSON file all you do is open it in a text editor, personally i use notepad++.

Foxdemon

Jul 29, 2019
...and that would be the sound of my forehead hitting my palm.

So many times.

Thanks. :)

Hm, I really think the Magic Mirror research has been disabled. I made mirrored glass, but I can't unlock Magic Mirrors. I've researched most of the core Thaumcraft, non-eldritch stuff now. Even outlier stuff like Research Duplication and Arcane Ear.

Usually I get those mirrors very early on.

Anyone else get this?
Ermmm, i have the magic mirrors, dont know why u dont have them :(

Heh, I've never used any of that, but I do like mirrors for the Infernal Furnace. I build it under the base a ways, and it's a pain climbing down to do it by hand.

So there ARE Magic Mirrors. Argh...I wonder if you have to scan something in the environment to unlock it then. Something I haven't seen yet...

Edit - Yep. Scanned a nether portal block (the purple swirly thing) and boom...research unlocked. Dagnabbit. :)
I just use a energized nodes with some relays to power infernal furnace, works like a charm

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
Ermmm, i have the magic mirrors, dont know why u dont have them :(

I just use a energized nodes with some relays to power infernal furnace, works like a charm
Gotta love those energized nodes. Make recharging wands easy as hell along with powering anything you could ever want. Not to mention with a hungry node you can feed it and make a stupidly large node that makes 10+ CV/t.

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I use an energized node + relays to power the furnace. It was getting the stuff into it, and then back out of it, that was bumming me out sans mirrors. I had to climb down a ladder onto the furnace, toss stuff in by hand, then go down to the hungry chest I had in front of it.

Now I just stay in my lab and throw stuff into a mirror. A few seconds later the smelted results come showering down onto my head from above.

Much better!

Had no idea scanning a portal was the unlock for that! Good to know for the future!

My energized node wasn't hungry...I find those too difficult to approach and jar safely to be worthwhile...but it WAS a node I found that had natural Humanus vis in it! So I didn't have to set it up with feeder nodes for long before I got it to a very healthy 5cV in most aspects. More than enough for my lab needs.

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I use an energized node + relays to power the furnace. It was getting the stuff into it, and then back out of it, that was bumming me out sans mirrors. I had to climb down a ladder onto the furnace, toss stuff in by hand, then go down to the hungry chest I had in front of it.

Now I just stay in my lab and throw stuff into a mirror. A few seconds later the smelted results come showering down onto my head from above.

Much better!

Had no idea scanning a portal was the unlock for that! Good to know for the future!

My energized node wasn't hungry...I find those too difficult to approach and jar safely to be worthwhile...but it WAS a node I found that had natural Humanus vis in it! So I didn't have to set it up with feeder nodes for long before I got it to a very healthy 5cV in most aspects. More than enough for my lab needs.
The easiest way to jar a hungry node once its fed is to use obsidian and a wand of equal trade. You build the jar replacing the glass with obsidian then equal trade the obsidian into glass and quickly turn it into a node in a jar. If you do it right you have a massive node that is ready to energize and make a massive energized node.

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
Two issues though. First, you have to get very friendly with that node to put obsidian around it. One mistake means having to Recall out before you feed it yourself.

Second, you have to unjar it to energize it, and it stays hungry until the process is complete. With luck it won't absorb the components necessary to perform that function.

I know it can be done, but it seems uncertain enough and enough of a headache that I'd rather just set up a 'vis room' full of feeder nodes and do it the slow but sure way. :)

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
Two issues though. First, you have to get very friendly with that node to put obsidian around it. One mistake means having to Recall out before you feed it yourself.

Second, you have to unjar it to energize it, and it stays hungry until the process is complete. With luck it won't absorb the components necessary to perform that function.

I know it can be done, but it seems uncertain enough and enough of a headache that I'd rather just set up a 'vis room' full of feeder nodes and do it the slow but sure way. :)
I've never had an issue with hungry nodes once I stuff them into an advanced node stabilizer. If I remember right the stabilizer nullifies the hungry property. Or you could just do the safe thing and taint the node intentionally once you get it large enough.

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
Hm. Well there are not one but two hungry nodes not overly far from my island. One's right off the coast in fact.

Perhaps once I have the Equal Exchange focus, and a bunch of obsidian, I'll try my hand at bottling it. If nothing else it would look cool hanging over my fireplace. (^_^)

(Note - It's attitudes like this that caused this mess in the first place, right? :))

Reactions: Lethosos

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
Hm. Well there are not one but two hungry nodes not overly far from my island. One's right off the coast in fact.

Perhaps once I have the Equal Exchange focus, and a bunch of obsidian, I'll try my hand at bottling it. If nothing else it would look cool hanging over my fireplace. (^_^)

(Note - It's attitudes like this that caused this mess in the first place, right? :))
Yeah attitudes like that generally cause bad things to happen... Bye your base :D