[1.7.10 | Unlisted] Obscurity - Jampacked 2 Winner

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
Did jack o lanterns get nerfed this patch because my base isn't as bright as it used to be. It was perfectly lit all the way around and now half of it is covered in red x's which kinda scares me. I have always hated the deep dark because of the dark damage and now alot of darkness in my base if freaking me out :D

What version of the pack did you originally light your base up in? There have been some changes to lighting over a few versions, and that may explain it

Reactions: SnowShock35

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
It was a brand new world in 1.1.13 and since updated to 1.1.14 just due to the fact that I didn't want to start over again.

1.1.13 had the incorrect lighting system (Accidentally removed from 1.1.12). Hence 1.1.14 fixed the lighting to how we wanted it. That's why your torches have changed. Sorry

4everfreekin

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,
I have an issue: Me and my friend wanted to play Obscurity together on his server but if I join after him I spawn in the Overworld not in the deep dark. Pls help

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
Hey,
I have an issue: Me and my friend wanted to play Obscurity together on his server but if I join after him I spawn in the Overworld not in the deep dark. Pls help

This command should help you: /cofh tpx <hisusername> @a
I will get this issue fixed for the next update

Eppiox

Jul 29, 2019
How does one mine iron and above in this pack, OR perhaps I am glitched?
The starting wooden pickaxe has a tooltip that it needs to be recrafted- if I do it has a maximum of stone.
Flint, bone also have a maximum of stone.
Nothing I can see mines iron that is not already iron or above in the tech tree (I've been using tnt).
The same goes for bronze- it mines up to tin.. yet nothing below it does? What have I missed?
Two people told me to use flint... so something must be wrong here.

goth_child67

Jul 29, 2019
1.1.13 had the incorrect lighting system (Accidentally removed from 1.1.12). Hence 1.1.14 fixed the lighting to how we wanted it. That's why your torches have changed. Sorry
They aren't torches tho they were jack o lanterns. And instead of lighting up roughly the same as a vanilla torch they only light up a roughly 4 block radius.

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
How does one mine iron and above in this pack, OR perhaps I am glitched?
The starting wooden pickaxe has a tooltip that it needs to be recrafted- if I do it has a maximum of stone.
Flint, bone also have a maximum of stone.
Nothing I can see mines iron that is not already iron or above in the tech tree (I've been using tnt).
The same goes for bronze- it mines up to tin.. yet nothing below it does? What have I missed?
Two people told me to use flint... so something must be wrong here.

You should be able to level up the pickaxe through use and then add new parts till you can mine everything:

Wood < Flint < Copper < Iron < Bronze < Obsidian < Ardite < Cobalt < Manyullyn

Eppiox

Jul 29, 2019
Should an Iron pick (created in the smeltery, not the vanilla one) be able to mine tin ? On mine it does not. I can't find anything lower than bronze that mines tin. But the catch is you need tin to make bronze. Are we meant to just find tnt to mine with or again- is something wrong with my pack? (Ps, I'm liking it so far, good atmosphere and such)
Edit: Fixed it, deleted the folder redownloaded. That was odd.

Last edited:

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
Should an Iron pick (created in the smeltery, not the vanilla one) be able to mine tin ? On mine it does not. I can't find anything lower than bronze that mines tin. But the catch is you need tin to make bronze. Are we meant to just find tnt to mine with or again- is something wrong with my pack? (Ps, I'm liking it so far, good atmosphere and such)

From what you have said I think you need to update to 1.1.14 Then place your pickaxe in the crafting inventory and it should be fixed

TrikSteve

Jul 29, 2019
I am seeing serious issues with lighting now. Standard torches are showing red right next to them now. This seems to be a visual glitch and not an actual lighting issue. I will not die in the area due to the dark, but when i use F7 to check darkness it's all red. Really annoying when trying to light up an area :( Please check into this.

busterdude

Jul 29, 2019
in the deep dark mobs spawn at any light level it does not need to be fixed that is the way it is
use slab to get red to go a way and block up spots u do not want them to come from
in deep dark it is hard to stay alive but fun:)

AKTheKnight

Forum Moderator
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Jul 29, 2019
I am seeing serious issues with lighting now. Standard torches are showing red right next to them now. This seems to be a visual glitch and not an actual lighting issue. I will not die in the area due to the dark, but when i use F7 to check darkness it's all red. Really annoying when trying to light up an area :( Please check into this.

Thanks for reporting this, I will talk to the devs about what we can do

TrikSteve

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like it just means .. the mobs will spawn no matter what at that light level .. you have to use the higher end torches to stop mob spawn .. but you won't die from the dark .. so it's confusing now .. lol

da2loo

Jul 29, 2019
I've turned in the last quest today and have to say I really enjoyed this fantastic mod pack. It's been a while since I've actually finished a HQM pack. The quest lines are very well structured and a lot better than in many other HQM packs I've played. The rewards were quite generous too (with some exceptions of course). My favourite was the "Supplying the Masses" quest line that kept me playing end-game. The only part which was complete overkill mid-game was the Vibrant Capacitor Bank quest which has been changed to basic Capacitor Bank in the new version so that's great to see. ;) I especially loved the way how Compact Machines have been implemented.

Keep up the good work. :)

Some impressions of my modest base and tips (might contain spoilers):
Base hub with all sub-Compact Machines, storage, machinery, etc. It was certainly a good idea to have as much as possible in the cubes as teleporting from cube to cube is almost instant since all cubes are in the same dimension. Also, I had zero lag in the cubes unlike outside in the deep dark.
4NzQPhy.png

Storage area of my Ender Quarry. The last Quarry I've built was 1000x1000 blocks with Speed III and Silk Touch Upgrade. SFM was fast enough to handle the massive amount of incoming ores and junk via Ender Chest.
c0RSx7v.png

AE2 Processors and Pure Crystals automation with SFM Block Gate and Rapid Item Valve.
9EvyrnF.png

My Big Reactor was 9x9x9 filled with Gelid Cryotheum. Reactor Control Rods set to 50% and producing 50k RF/t. It used a lot of fuel but there was no need building turbines anymore with the excessive amount of Yellorium from the Quarry.
X9tUCln.png

Oak Wood tree farm with Farming Station, Flux-Infused Axe and Reinforced Watering Can produced massive amounts of Wood in no time.
5473mr0.png

Wool farm with Stone Animal Farmer and Shiny Shears. It wasn't very efficient for the 16k+ Wool needed for the quest but I got there eventually. On a side note: Shiny is one of the best materials for Tinkers' Tools and a stack of Shiny Ores is given from one of the first few quests. Shiny does the most Attack Damage has great durability and the same mining speed as Cobalt.
xPQLs9F.png

Food and tree farm automation with Bone Meal and Autonomous Activator (and Farming Station for trees). I've had a normal crop farm in a maximum size cube with 3 floors and Golems before but it was too slow.
cD95PvB.png

Basic mob farm with Cursed Earth, Fans, Diamond Spikes, Vacuum Hopper and Bedrockium drum for the XP. On top I've planted Silver Wood Trees to get Pechs spawning. I've added a Witch (for Glowstone Dust) and Enderman Powered Spawner later once I had my Big Reactor going.
C3luzKZ.png

Basic AE2 auto-crafting. Very small but all I needed.
tTMRxWp.png

More AE2 auto-crafting, I didn't even need the Transvector Interfaces.
GLdf5Re.png

Thaumcraft automated infusion for the Lamps. Piped in the items from the bottom floor into the Arcane Pedestals and Autonomous Activator with a Tome of Knowledge Sharing and a wand next to the Runic Matrix to automatically activate it.
eAGGpZn.png

Alchemy automation with Golems for Alumentum mass-production.
j4YzVGa.png

It was worth finishing the "Supplying the Masses" quest line for Thaumcraft before going into KAMI to get the fully charged Ichorium Wand and Aura Nodes from the reward. One thing I didn't know before: Energized Aura Nodes with minimal aspects are still quite efficient for recharging wands. One node and only 2 aspects of each type will always give a value of 1 when energizing it producing still about 12 vis per minute for each type which isn't bad at all.
2F6kpC1.png

Final infusion for the "Ichorium Infused Hyperenergetic Singularity of Light" to craft the Deep Dark Portal.
xw9cgwt.png

Yes, I was not kidding about getting Bedrock for the Turret Configuration quest. :D
Jo6nY1w.png

Some custom recipes I've used for Ender/Nether Shards and Amber which I could barely find if at all.
K2Wzo9b.png

Last edited:

OmegaStorms

Jul 29, 2019
Crafted the Stone Miner and placed it in the world with a couple different types of chests on top and with item transport tubes and some Ender Items conduits (from bag reward bag). Nothing seems to stop the blocks from shooting out of the machine which is frustrating and messy. This makes it a pain to use the darn thing. Is there any way to fix this and either collect the blocks in the Miner or somehow route the blocks into a box (preferable)?