Request Liquid Tin (and other metals) into ingots

wgolyoko

Jul 29, 2019
Hello !

I think all is in the title : How can I transform my Liquid Tin (It's in a bucket, a "Molten Tin Bucket", got it via a Mystcraft world) into Tin ingots ? I'm playing with Direwolf20 1.7.10 :)

Thanks !

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Tinkers' Construct.
You will need at least a casting table with an ingot cast in it.
Or get nine buckets of molten tin and pour all of them into a casting basin to make a block instead.

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019
Tinkers' Construct.
You will need at least a casting table with an ingot cast in it.
Or get nine buckets of molten tin and pour all of them into a casting basin to make a block instead.

Slight correction. It's not 1 bucket=1 ingot. One bucket will produce 6 ingots and still have 8 and a half nugget's worth in reserve.

Reactions: PierceSG

HeroWing2

Jul 29, 2019
you can put fluids into the smeltery by putting fluids into a smeltery drain with fluid conduits or fluiducts or so put your tin in a tank and pump the tin in a drain of your smeltery and the simply poor out the tin with a casting table

wgolyoko

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks guys, I just setup a system fully fonctionnal ! No more Tin problems !! Thx you all ;)

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
All you need is a tank of some description, a faucet and of course a casting basin/ casting table.
Then you just right click the tank with the bucket to fill the tank as usual. The faucet should be able to drain from the tank in to the casting block you are using.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

HeroWing2

Jul 29, 2019
In fact you could just pup the tin with a fluiduct on Top of a casing table with the ingot cast then you Need no smeltery

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, there's even a Thermal Expansion addon that adds a RF powered smeltery. But I find it's a little too magic blocky. But it lets you use the fluid transposer to cast certain things. I would like to see a TiCo method of powering a smeltery with RF or at least something other then lava or lava MK2 aka Pyrotheum.
Maybe add a smeltery fuel box or RF induction coils. You could have 2 settings; one is regular mode where it smelts like lava for 250ish RF per tic and hyper mode that smelts like pyrotheum for 1200 RF per tic. Or make the temp adjustable determimed by how much RF is pumped in.
They could be parts of the multi block structure, maybe placed in the floor.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Lol figured someone would mention that lol. I may as well cut out the cobble gen and use a MFR lava generator instead. Might even use less rf, don't quote me on that as I have never really used it.
Still, I always found it a little absurd how modded MC treats lava like it was a fuel. Usually lava cools pretty quick solidifying within hours. Even if you managed to get a container that keeps it's integrity to hold it all you'd end up with is a tank full of still very hot but solid rock.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
We have floating solid blocks of stones that can hover above the ground with no outside assistant. Also floating trees.

We have infinite water source in a 3x1x1 ditch or 2x2x1 hole.

We make diamond armour. A full suit of it, regardless of their effectiveness of protection, with only 24 diamonds.

And you are trying to say that using lava as a fuel doesn't make sense in modded Minecraft? :p

Also, if I'm not mistaken, lava buckets used in furnace as fuel is a vanilla mechanic, right?

HeroWing2

Jul 29, 2019
If you Put netherrack in a Magma crucible and Put the Lava in a Dynamo you get More Power from that

HeroWing2

Jul 29, 2019
We also have redstone which is Not very realistic throwing dust ob the ground
We can destoy stone with our fists and There is far to many stone in the World
We have spiders which dropps stings which Are supposed to be very thin But you can Make bows and a fishing rod wich you can throw far to Wide and you can turn 4 Strings into a full wool block and you can smelt Simply Iron ore and get a ingot so...

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
We have floating solid blocks of stones that can hover above the ground with no outside assistant. Also floating trees.

We have infinite water source in a 3x1x1 ditch or 2x2x1 hole.

We make diamond armour. A full suit of it, regardless of their effectiveness of protection, with only 24 diamonds.

And you are trying to say that using lava as a fuel doesn't make sense in modded Minecraft?

Also, if I'm not mistaken, lava buckets used in furnace as fuel is a vanilla mechanic, right?
No I am saying it is absurd and is uninspired design. It would make lava gen power much more of an interesting challenge if you couldn't just pump the lava around treating it like it was petrol.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, there's even a Thermal Expansion addon that adds a RF powered smeltery. But I find it's a little too magic blocky. But it lets you use the fluid transposer to cast certain things. I would like to see a TiCo method of powering a smeltery with RF or at least something other then lava or lava MK2 aka Pyrotheum.
Maybe add a smeltery fuel box or RF induction coils. You could have 2 settings; one is regular mode where it smelts like lava for 250ish RF per tic and hyper mode that smelts like pyrotheum for 1200 RF per tic. Or make the temp adjustable determimed by how much RF is pumped in.
They could be parts of the multi block structure, maybe placed in the floor.

I like the addon that lets you make ticon molten metals in the magma crucible.

budivudi

Jul 29, 2019
you can put fluids into the smeltery by putting fluids into a smeltery drain with fluid conduits or fluiducts or so put your tin in a tank and pump the tin in a drain of your smeltery and the simply poor out the tin with a casting table

If you can right click the molten tin bucket on a portable tank and tranfer liquid this way then you can put a faucet on the portable tank and pour the tin this way in the the casting basin.

Reactions: Azzanine

HeroWing2

Jul 29, 2019
If you can right click the molten tin bucket on a portable tank and tranfer liquid this way then you can put a faucet on the portable tank and pour the tin this way in the the casting basin.
You could just Pull the fluids out of the Tank and then Pipe it directly on a casting table without even a 1*1 smeltery

Reactions: TheMagikarpGuy