mining turtle

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
Hi
My friend have done some mining turtle program that id like to test

I got the code

But i dont know how to use it and load it.

I have tried to put it in the directory of the mod and then load it ingame... but i dont know how.

anyone?

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
already looked at it.
cant find it

as i understand i need to put my code in some file
start minecraft and load that file somehow.

but i cant find how i do this

or am i wrong?

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
aint done it for a couple of versions but if I remember it was inside the zip file, something like FeedTheBeast\Direwolf20\minecraft\mods\computercraft.zip\lua\rom\programs\turtle\

this may have changed but when I was attempting to learn lua to code for turtles thats where I was dumping the finished code from notepad+, remember to save as lua file format, sry thats about all I remember I do the little bit of coding I need inside the turtles gui now, if you wish to add your code that way, open turtle type "label set xxxx" xxxx being the name of your turtle, then it will keep any saved programs, after naming type "edit xxxx" xxxx being the name of your program, add your code as required, press Ctrl & then save, you can save & edit as needed from then on, again sry for lack of real info as its not my strong point, if I blundered maybe some one with more knowledge can correct the file structure & give you more info on using notepad+/+.

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
thanks

i have com that far that i have found the place where to put the file
i have tried to create my own file and also just take one exicting file and ad the code to it

but ingame i can not find out how to load the file/program
it is not just to type the filename.....

anyone?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I'd suggest enabling http in the config, upload the code to pastebin, and then download it to your turtle with the pastebin get code.
the code is pastebin get "the id of the pastebin code" filename

ofcourse don't forget to label your turtle because if you don't and you break the turtle, the turtle gets reset

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, but how?

I searched on the wiki, but still cant find something specific on how to do this. I understand it can be done....

So i want to enable HTTP in the config....
what config, of the server? If so, i dont have access to that... what are my options to run self-made programs?

I want to upload code to the pastebin?
How, where do i put the code? In it´s own file or in another already existing file?

Download it to your turtle?
How, what command do i use to download.... I understand i need to type pastebin get (id) (name)
but what is the id? name of the file, name of something els?
what is the name? name of the file or what?

thanks for any help i can get.

Sudocomm

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, but how?

I searched on the wiki, but still cant find something specific on how to do this. I understand it can be done....

So i want to enable HTTP in the config....
what config, of the server? If so, i dont have access to that... what are my options to run self-made programs?

I want to upload code to the pastebin?
How, where do i put the code? In it´s own file or in another already existing file?

Download it to your turtle?
How, what command do i use to download.... I understand i need to type pastebin get (id) (name)
but what is the id? name of the file, name of something els?
what is the name? name of the file or what?

thanks for any help i can get.

This looks like you are asking for a step-by-step guide on how to do all of this with out actually going out, and figuring out how to do this on your own:

First question you have to answer: Is this being done on a single player world or on a server?

If the answer to the question is you are doing this on a single player server then:
Step 1: Go to Pastebin.com
Step 2: Click on the sign up link in the top right corner of the web page
Step 3: Fill out the sign up sheet
Step 4: Click submit
Step 5: Go to email account used for your pastebin account
Step 6: Open email from pastebin
Step 7: Click on Account Activation link in the pastebin email
Step 8: Go back to Pastebin.com
Step 9: Log into pastebin
Step 10: Click on the Create New Paste link at the top left of the web page
Step 11: Open file that has the turtle program code
Step 12: Right click the open turtle program code file
Step 13: Click copy
Step 14: Go back to Create New Paste webpage
Step 15: Right click inside the section under new paste
Step 16: Click paste
Step 17: Create title for pastebin code
Step 18: Click submit button at the bottom
Step 19: After clicking submit you should be take to a new web page
Step 20: Look at the address bar of the new page it should look something like this "pastebin.com/WmsUZ5ZW"
Step 21: Write down the part of the web address after the /
Step 22: Go back to Minecraft
Step 23: Access turtle like normal
Step 24: Type pastebin get "code from pastebin site" "What ever you want to call it"
Step 25: Press enter on the keyboard, and the 2 seconds for the program to download
Step 26: Type Programs
Step 27: Confirm the new file name is in the programs list
Step 28: Type the file name of the program you just download
Step 29: Press enter, and watch what happens

If the answer to the question is your are on a server:
Step 1: Contact the server admin, and ask if HTTP is enabled to allow for download computercraft codes from pastebin
Step 2: If yes follow single player steps 1 - 29

Sorry for the wall of text, but again it was looking as if you were asking for your hand to be held through the entire process. Hopefully this helps you out, and if it doesn't please let me know I can create a video tutorial on how to download pastebin codes to your turtle.

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
wow thanks
it all fell to place now when i understood we where talking about pastebin.com
the website

i dident know that before and the id and everything was a mystery for me.
now it makes more sense

Sudocomm

Jul 29, 2019
wow thanks
it all fell to place now when i understood we where talking about pastebin.com
the website

i dident know that before and the id and everything was a mystery for me.
now it makes more sense

Yeah it took me a minute or two of head scratching when I started playing with mining turtles myself. Hopefully I didn't come off as a d-bag I tend to do stuff like this for my end users (network administrator).