How would can you make EU Power without using lot of cables.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ametefe12456

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to know how you can move EU Power without using cables.

The mod pack I am using is Inifny FTB Pack.

Thanks for reading this.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
as far as I know you can't. Why would you anyway?
for long transport railcraft might be able if it still has the mfe cart or whatever it is called or you could send some kind of fuel to the place it is needed using tesseracts or enderchests/tanks and change it to eu there.

Reactions: immibis

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
You probably won't like my answer, but the best way to "move EU power" is to make tons of Advanced Solars stuff like I did when I played Infinity. The top-tier solar panel from that mod provides 4096 EU/tick during daylight and 2048 EU/t during the nighttime. That's a LOT of EU for a single block item. And I had made almost 100 of them by the time the server I was playing on decided to move to another modpack.

It's not exactly what you're asking for, but I don't know of any way to wirelessly transmit EU, so Advanced Solar Panels are the next-best solution I think. Of course, I spent many hours building up my Recycler/Mass Fabricators, I was running 192 Recyclers making scrap boxes to feed my 64 Mass Fabs, which made thousands of Iridium Ores for me every day. Advanced Solars are not cheap.

Oh, one other thing - I learned recently that IC2 is broken, because IC2 machines will NOT explode from giving them too much power (from not using the proper number of Transformer Upgrades in the machines). According to a reddit post I read recently, there IS indeed a config setting for this aspect of IC2, but it does nothing. Thus, you can "cheat" and pump as much power as you like into them without any concern over explosions. No need to waste the resources on IC2 Transformer Upgrades.

Last edited:

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
You probably won't like my answer, but the best way to "move EU power" is to make tons of Advanced Solars stuff like I did when I played Infinity. The top-tier solar panel from that mod provides 4096 EU/tick during daylight and 2048 EU/t during the nighttime. That's a LOT of EU for a single block item. And I had made almost 100 of them by the time the server I was playing on decided to move to another modpack.

It's not exactly what you're asking for, but I don't know of any way to wirelessly transmit EU, so Advanced Solar Panels are the next-best solution I think. Of course, I spent many hours building up my Recycler/Mass Fabricators, I was running 192 Recyclers making scrap boxes to feed my 64 Mass Fabs, which made thousands of Iridium Ores for me every day. Advanced Solars are not cheap.
He is under the ground thus solar is no option

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
He is under the ground thus solar is no option

Put the solars in the spot you want them, then tunnel up to the surface so they can see light, and place a glass block flush with the ground at the surface so nobody can fall down the hole.

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
you really cant, but it isnt a huge deal really. Other then the glass fibre the cables are really cheap. Then again I am one of those that refuse to use tesseracts, ender chests etc and have tunnels with just cables and pipes running all around my base :)

Chocohead

Jul 29, 2019
According to a reddit post I read recently, there IS indeed a config setting for this aspect of IC2, but it does nothing.
That Reddit post is wrong, that is an IC2 Classic config so will of course have no effect on IC2 Experimental.

In terms of EU teleporting there in an addon for it: http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=11280 But it isn't in Infinity, so unless you add it yourself, solar panel sky lights will be your best bet.

In case IC2 is too boring with nothing exploding/frying, there's also an addon to fix that: http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=11586 That isn't in Infinity either, but unless you're playing on a server adding mods is really easy.

Reactions: Padfoote

midgetassin

Jul 29, 2019
Just use mfr rednet energy cables to change the power to rf and tesseract it or just use it to make eu out of your rf in the first place

Mafasu

Jul 29, 2019
Battery's and a ender chest, shouldn't be too hard to set up with afew pipes and little cable.

Sent from my D5106 using Tapatalk

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Shouldn't it be possible to charge lapotron crystals, ender chest them to another MFE / MFSU and then discharge and send back? Should only need a few Ender IO item conduits with filters. Haven't tested this though (power converters exists for 1.7.10).

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Since the problem is long-range power transport, teleporting EU power shouldn't be all that difficult:

Have an MFSU at your power generation facility and another MFSU at the place where you need the power. You transport power by piping empty Lapotron crystals into the MFSU at the power plant to be charged, piping full crystals out and teleporting them to your base using your favorite item teleporting device, where they're put into the MFSU there to discharge until they're empty and can be sent back again. This is actually very simple if you have EnderIO (for the conduits) and EnderStorage. Your conduits distinguish between empty crystals and full ones by a filter that checks for metadata. At a lower tech level that can be done with MFEs and Energy Crystals.

Note that the same does not work with GregTech battery buffers because they are designed to not interact with transport devices in any way (Routers or SFM *may* be able to do it, but I didn't have an opportunity to test that yet). However, you can use IC2 power storage devices as a buffer and use the method described above.

Last edited:
Reactions: buncheesy and Inaeo

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
^^ This is your answer. Don't move the power, move the batteries.

EnderStorage means you can have your solar farm feed power to any number of locations. You have the option of keeping all crystals in the same color combination, or designate a combination for full and another for empty. From there, any item transportation system with a filter should be able to get the job done. Extra points if you use trains.