[1.0.0] Modular Armour - Now configurable!

C

chbachman

What could it be....

602133a66a.png

Ocirannor

Jul 29, 2019
Hey this is my first time posting here. I just have a few questions that i would liked asked. I tried using your armor in Multiplayer server with only my friends but it crashes me out when I try to add Augments. But if i use in single creative player everything works fine. This perplexes me to no end and i cant find a reason why it happens. Same thing happens with Grekos lazer but his crashes the whole server. I could get a crash report for you if that help. Also i have added a few mods to the Horizens that are not with it but again it still works in single player why not Online...

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Hey this is my first time posting here. I just have a few questions that i would liked asked. I tried using your armor in Multiplayer server with only my friends but it crashes me out when I try to add Augments. But if i use in single creative player everything works fine. This perplexes me to no end and i cant find a reason why it happens. Same thing happens with Grekos lazer but his crashes the whole server. I could get a crash report for you if that help. Also i have added a few mods to the Horizens that are not with it but again it still works in single player why not Online...

A crash log will be needed to figure out what's going on.

Reactions: chbachman

Ocirannor

Jul 29, 2019
I am happy to say i figured out the problem. I figured instead of placing the recipe into the grid i had to press upgrade which crashed me out. 1 Other question how does the protection work if i have lava protection on my legs do i need to place it on all pieces or just the legs fine?

C

chbachman

I am happy to say i figured out the problem. I figured instead of placing the recipe into the grid i had to press upgrade which crashed me out. 1 Other question how does the protection work if i have lava protection on my legs do i need to place it on all pieces or just the legs fine?
If I could still get the crash log, it would be really nice. That way, I can fix it for everybody else.

The protection upgrades are limited for each piece, so adding it to all of them is the best course of action.

HighSpy

Jul 29, 2019
Using the armor with almost every piece with full protection upgrades, all sliders at 100%, and still it seems less effective than diamond armor. I am I missing something here?

I also see that you have general protection listed on the website link but I do not see it listed in the mod list. Using version 1.0.15-38.

C

chbachman

Using the armor with almost every piece with full protection upgrades, all sliders at 100%, and still it seems less effective than diamond armor. I am I missing something here?

I also see that you have general protection listed on the website link but I do not see it listed in the mod list. Using version 1.0.15-38.
It tends not to be the most effective protection armour. I didn't want to go full OP, but the configs allow for changing that.

The general protection upgrade was added in the most recent version.

Nentify

Jul 29, 2019
(Bit of a random ramble, but wanted to get my feedback/ideas/points across, take from it what you will. :))

My opinions/feedback with 1.0.0:
  • Under recipes, the list goes off the left: http://i.nentify.me/YUUjXQ5o.png
  • There are some duplicate entries (like that long general protection string and jetpack)
  • Looking forward to the new model - recolouring the armour and the yellow bits would be cool, like MPS
  • I found the UI difficult to navigate and use at first, and it still feels difficult to look use while I'm not used to the recipes. I think it'd be best to integrate recipes (or have MPS-style components, so you only need to craft 2-3 items for an upgrade, maybe use some of the CoFH components and/or add some of your own) in to the main UI at so you don't have to keep switching back and forth to see what the recipe was like. Maybe show the components required (eg. 2 gold ingots, 1 reception coil) in the 'upgrades' bit and have an 'add upgrade' button if the items are in your inventory
  • Categories for upgrades would be nice - It's difficult to see what's available to you at a glance - I'd like to see categories such as power, protection, mobility, etc.
  • Maybe have a block to edit your armour pieces, would be a bit more intuitive
  • Make it more obvious which armour piece you are currently editing (currently it shows the body piece in different places in the UI)
Other than those really (primarily the UI I guess), it's nice to see a replacement for MPS and it's nice to see something a little more balanced. Looks like you're doing great work and I'm looking forward to the new models as well. :) These are just my opinions, so take them with a grain of salt, but I love the look of the mod and hope it turns out well. I understand that it's still quite new and in early development/early days, but I'm looking forward to seeing the mod improve with time. I think some UI/functionality changes with recipes would benefit the mod's usability greatly though. But again, just my opinion! Take what you want.

Thanks!

Last edited:
C

chbachman

(Bit of a random ramble, but wanted to get my feedback/ideas/points across, take from it what you will. :))

My opinions/feedback with 1.0.0:
  • Under recipes, the list goes off the left: http://i.nentify.me/YUUjXQ5o.png
  • There are some duplicate entries (like that long general protection string and jetpack)
  • Looking forward to the new model - recolouring the armour and the yellow bits would be cool, like MPS
  • I found the UI difficult to navigate and use at first, and it still feels difficult to look use while I'm not used to the recipes. I think it'd be best to integrate recipes (or have MPS-style components, so you only need to craft 2-3 items for an upgrade, maybe use some of the CoFH components and/or add some of your own) in to the main UI at so you don't have to keep switching back and forth to see what the recipe was like. Maybe show the components required (eg. 2 gold ingots, 1 reception coil) in the 'upgrades' bit and have an 'add upgrade' button if the items are in your inventory
  • Categories for upgrades would be nice - It's difficult to see what's available to you at a glance - I'd like to see categories such as power, protection, mobility, etc.
  • Maybe have a block to edit your armour pieces, would be a bit more intuitive
  • Make it more obvious which armour piece you are currently editing (currently it shows the body piece in different places in the UI)
Other than those really (primarily the UI I guess), it's nice to see a replacement for MPS and it's nice to see something a little more balanced. Looks like you're doing great work and I'm looking forward to the new models as well. :) These are just my opinions, so take them with a grain of salt, but I love the look of the mod and hope it turns out well. I understand that it's still quite new and in early development/early days, but I'm looking forward to seeing the mod improve with time. I think some UI/functionality changes with recipes would benefit the mod's usability greatly though. But again, just my opinion! Take what you want.

Thanks!

1. Fixed in Dev
2. Fixed in Dev
3. Thanks!
4. The button in the middle is an add upgrade button that only works if you have the items in your inventory.
5. Going to be implemented in the next major release.
6. The block idea I initially tried, but I liked the fact that my mod only adds armour pieces.
7. Probably a good idea.

Reactions: Nentify

Nentify

Jul 29, 2019
4. The button in the middle is an add upgrade button that only works if you have the items in your inventory.

Ohh ok, I missed that. Should clicking an item on the list to the left show the information for it in the recipes UI? Currently clicking a list item seems to do nothing.

Other than that, maybe have have some way of showing if an upgrade is already added from the list (maybe remove it from the list, have a tick or grey out the button or something, as the description is still useful). Maybe greying out would be nice if you don't have the required components as well. This might not be the most glamorous solution, and I'm sure you can come up with something better. :p Just throwing some ideas out there.

Also - free upgrades if you're in creative? :D

Thanks again!

Brabbit1987

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so something I am confused about is the mana armour. How exactly do you charge it with mana?

--Edit--
Also for whatever reason, the mana helmet seems to work without a mana charge. Such as when I added the magnet, it worked fine and sent mana storage into the negatives.

Last edited:

Nentify

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to disable some upgrades completely without having to put bedrock or something in their recipe?