Windows .exe Launcher does not launch successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Creamster

Jul 29, 2019
The launcher won't launch for me even though i have 32 & 64 bit java 6 & 7 installed and tried to run it from 2 different folders. Anyone know why it won't launch, or do i have to launch it from somewhere else like the folder that .minecraft is in??

Edit by Punny Bunny for title clarity (might help others looking for solutions).

Punny Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same issue, The_Creamster. I'm not sure there's an official "solution" for this issue, but what worked for me was removing all copies of Java via Programs and Features and then installing only the necessary Java version (likely 64-bit). I used this one, and the launcher then worked fine for me. You don't need to launch the launcher from anywhere specific, to the best of my knowledge (though I recommend keeping it on the main HDD rather than installing via network/USB...that could get ugly). As long as you have permissions to install, it should run fine if there aren't any Java conflicts (which could be why reinstalling only one copy of Java helped me). Let me know if this works!

In the future if you have any issues, please make sure to include as much information as possible (while still keeping it relevant). In this case, it would be helpful to know whether you're running the executable or .jar launcher file.

The_Creamster

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using the executable, but also have the .jar incase the executable doesn't work, but that didn't work either, it just opened the .jar because of my archiving program; and i'm launching from My Documents. Even with all 4 previously mentioned java versions installed separately, it still didn't launch for me. I have my own PC which has only 1 profile which has admin privelages and running Windows 7.

Punny Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the detailed information. Could you capture a screenshot of the console spew when the failure occurs? It might shed some light here. PrintScreen should work as long as the console is an active window. =)

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Lets try to generate even more information about this bug! :p
Im sort of getting stuck on the whole jar assosiated with archives thing.
So just for fun could you try to locate your javaw.exe file (i.e I:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe).
Then right click on the jar version of the launcher file -> open with -> choose default program -> unhook "always use the selected blablabla" if you don't want to remove the archive assosiation with jar files.
Now browse your way to the javaw.exe file just to be sure it's actually running from the right file, cross your fingers, look for shooting stars and press ok.

Now since that probably failed, do you have a firewall or AV program? Apparently norton seems to be blocking the launcher on some computers for whatever reason, so checking the logs of your firewall and/or AV programs couldn't hurt.

Seal_Team

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, norton blocks most new .exe exectuables. It's reason is that it was released in the past week, and that there are "less than" 5 norton users that have downloaded it. Well I have norton and am having the same problems I start up the launcher and bypass the Norton pop-up saying that it is "unsafe". But when I hit launch the console pops open, then does about 20 lines of stuff then just stops. I have let it sit for 10 minutes and it does nothing.

Seal_Team

Jul 29, 2019
Ya give me a sec I am on my iPad curentally.[DOUBLEPOST=1352856624][/DOUBLEPOST]
Code:
[INFO] From Console: Loading jars...
[INFO] From Console: Loading URL: file:/C:/Users/Pokey/Desktop/Feed%20The%20Beast/FTBBETAA/instMods/MinecraftForge.zip
[INFO] From Console: Loading URL: file:/C:/Users/Pokey/Desktop/Feed%20The%20Beast/FTBBETAA/minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar
[INFO] From Console: Loading URL: file:/C:/Users/Pokey/Desktop/Feed%20The%20Beast/FTBBETAA/minecraft/bin/lwjgl.jar
[INFO] From Console: Loading URL: file:/C:/Users/Pokey/Desktop/Feed%20The%20Beast/FTBBETAA/minecraft/bin/lwjgl_util.jar
[INFO] From Console: Loading URL: file:/C:/Users/Pokey/Desktop/Feed%20The%20Beast/FTBBETAA/minecraft/bin/jinput.jar
[INFO] From Console: Loading natives...
[INFO] From Console: java.lang.SecurityException: class "ln"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package
[INFO] From Console: at java.lang.ClassLoader.checkCerts(Unknown Source)
[INFO] From Console: at java.lang.ClassLoader.preDefineClass(Unknown Source)
[INFO] From Console: at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
[INFO] From Console: at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
[INFO] From Console: at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
[INFO] From Console: at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
[INFO] From Console: at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
[INFO] From Console: at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
[INFO] From Console: at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
[INFO] From Console: at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
[INFO] From Console: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
[INFO] From Console: at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
[INFO] From Console: at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
[INFO] From Console: at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields0(Native Method)
[INFO] From Console: at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredFields(Unknown Source)
[INFO] From Console: at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields(Unknown Source)
[INFO] From Console: at net.ftb.mclauncher.MinecraftLauncher.main(MinecraftLauncher.java:205)
This is what i get.

The_Creamster

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is it doesn't even launch anything, i click it and it does nothing, even though i added it to nortons program control and set its option to 'allow' before posting this.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is it doesn't even launch anything, i click it and it does nothing, even though i added it to nortons program control and set its option to 'allow' before posting this.
I know with Technic most users needed to get rid of norton if the problem persisted. Could be the same for FTB.
I suggest using Avast! if you decide to get rid of norton :)

Punny Bunny

Jul 29, 2019

Have you inspected your running processes to see if it's running as a ghost program in the background? I'd be interested to know if it's shutting down immediately or if it's just running headless (without a window).

The_Creamster

Jul 29, 2019
Java is closing as soon as it launches, but i can't find the crash log files it creates if it is infact crashing. I have 8GB of RAM available, so its not running out of memory. I'm running the latest version of Nortons for reference.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
As i don't use norton myselfe i'm not completely sure of this, but i believe that norton have a menu called "security history" where you can select to show recent history.
Even though you've allowed the launcher to run norton could still block other files by mistake if there is a rule for it.
So just try to launch FTB again and see if anything pop ups in recent history (requires refresh) or in any of the other logs on the security history menu.

Johnley

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
Your error logs are located at FTBBETAA\minecraft\ForgeModLoader-client-#.log. please attach the latest one (highest number) and we can review it.

Reactions: Punny Bunny

The_Creamster

Jul 29, 2019
Have you read exactly what's happening Johnley?? obviously not because the launcher doesn't even get to the main screen, which means its not creating any files/folders at all; and i meant the java crash logs, not FTB crash logs. When i run the launcher and after java stops it, i refresh Nortons security history list and nothing extra shows up on it.

Punny Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
Have you read exactly what's happening Johnley?? obviously not because the launcher doesn't even get to the main screen, which means its not creating any files/folders at all; and i meant the java crash logs, not FTB crash logs. When i run the launcher and after java stops it, i refresh Nortons security history list and nothing extra shows up on it.

First of all, there's no need to be rude. Just because you don't see the window for but a second (or at all) does NOT exclude the possibility of logs being written. That's a poor assumption and not grounds for mocking another forum member. You're the one asking for help, so it'd do you a lot more good if you are respectful to all those taking time out of their day to help you with your problem.

Secondly, if you have anti-virus/malware/spyware installed, you should try running the launcher without ANY of them running. We need to isolate the issue better -- too many variables right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.